PDA

View Full Version : Idiot Proof Software

matthewsiv
06-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Guys,

I am looking for a program that is idiot proof,for a complete novice at this aspect of handicapping.

Easy to load cards and PP's and quick.

Preferably with good pace basis.

I am not into this for exotic betting purposes but to look at races on how they might unfold.

I have just tried Horse Street and that did not suit me,far too complicated for an idiot like me.

But Dave Schwartz is very nice guy who warned me that it might not be right for me.

I am thinking about All In One or HRT and also Craigs Pace figures?

Any idea's are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

njcurveball
06-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Before I jump to a conclusion here, can you state your requirements with some more detail.

If you are looking for the "Holy Grail" that shows the 1-2-3 finishers in exact order at the push of a button you are in some rough time finding it.

There are actually many ways to make a profit in this game and many ways to lose as well.

I would be curious how many months you worked with HSH before giving up on it.

matthewsiv
06-22-2008, 10:49 PM
I purchased the program 2 weeks ago.

njcurveball
06-22-2008, 11:07 PM
I purchased the program 2 weeks ago.

I worked with the program for 4 or 5 months before I even trusted the output to win consistently.

With all of the classes Dave holds, and the fact that HDW charges by the month (so you have to have at least 2 weeks left), you just made my jaw drop with your answer. :confused:

Tom Barrister
06-23-2008, 05:27 AM
HSH takes a lot longer than two weeks to figure out.

HTR has a lot of pace features and many other things, and it has several layers of depth to it. You could definitely keep it simple if you so desired. However, don't plan on anything simplistic making you money. It just isn't that easy.

Charlie D
06-23-2008, 06:32 AM
RDSS

Profiler8
06-23-2008, 12:01 PM
I think RDSS is a really good software with really good support !

JBmadera
06-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Just started with HTR, love it already, but based on feedback from the folks on this board, I am going take it easy on the wager front for 3-6 months while I learn to use it.

JB

kitts
06-23-2008, 02:01 PM
If easy is your primary requirement, might I suggest the one I use, All-In-One V6. It can be set to pick running lines for you and it maintains race pars, track pars and profiles automatically. It generates a Fair Odds line and I am inclined to bet the highest ranked overlay based on Fair Odds vs Track Odds.

Check it out at: http://www.cynthiapublishing.com

matthewsiv
06-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Please can you tell me what RDSS stands for.

Ted Craven
06-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Please can you tell me what RDSS stands for.
RDSS: Racing Decision Support System. It is an implementation of the modern Sartin Methodology.

Just follow the web links for lots of info :)

Good luck in all your research!

Ted

Vinnie
06-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Matthew,

It stands for Racing Decision Support System and it was created by a genius and wonderful guy by the name of Ted Craven.

You can read much more about it over at the Pace and Cap site or by checking in at www.artofpace.com

Take Care. :)

goodall
06-23-2008, 06:03 PM
HTR----it is as simple or sophisticated as you want it to be. Also, because it gives you 3 different ways to look at past performances, your days of buying the Racing Form can be over. I am a computer novice and I was up and running in about a month. HTR's track record speaks for itself.