PDA

View Full Version : Mircosoft Excel racing form report

BIG49010
06-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Has anybody made a racing form using Excel that works with the bris files?

If so would you be willing to share?

I have used a program for many years and with a new computer it won't work so far. I was thinking though this time I would make it work with Excel, any suggestions.

Thanks

Hammerhead
06-22-2008, 07:02 PM
I use tsn but yes if you get the byers figs it can be done as I can use anyone of the approx 1300 parts per hourse

Capper Al
06-22-2008, 09:42 PM

I have used a program for many years and with a new computer it won't work so far. I was thinking though this time I would make it work with Excel, any suggestions.

Thanks
Are you looking for direct feed from csv files, or do you do the typing?

Hammerhead
06-22-2008, 10:05 PM
I have excel 2007 and 2002 on 2 differrent computers. 2007 will convert it no problem and will automaticaly extract the files to your current file. Working on the Slicker Picker now for more exciting LOOOSERS. A jillion lines 6000+ columns wow it's gotta be slick. :lol
I use TSN Files but it will open all 1300 facts about all horses across 1 line. Granted some are for future reference and blank but being clever, I don't use them bad puppies. Maybe in the future :bang:

BIG49010
06-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Are you looking for direct feed from csv files, or do you do the typing?

Direct feed, could you imagine typing all that.

I use the drf multi-files from bris currently.

raybo
06-25-2008, 03:32 PM

Thanks

I use Bris single file format and have designed my spreadsheet to display or print-out similar to the Daily Racing Form. I recorded or wrote macros to automate grabbing the file from my Infotran Target file and shoot it into my spreadsheet, grab each race individually from that card via macro buttons and then handicap it, allow for over riding my computer running line selection process so I can select another running line as my grading race if I disagree with what the computer came up with, etc..

It all displays in a format similar to the DRF and/or prints it out via macros. The only typing I do is to answer the 4 or 5 questions in InfotranITF which is a DOS program for comma delimited files to arrange them for import into my spreadsheet. All this has been done using Excel 97 and then Excel 2003. I tried moving it into Excel 2007 but then couldn't get the macros to work. I would suggest that you design it yourself and get help from the Excel users here when needed. Half the fun is in designing the program.