PDA

View Full Version : Harness Programming

Tom
06-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Two things:

Anyone seen a program that will parse data from the USTA HTM charts?

Second, in the TM harness files, the beaten lengths are expressed by symbols for fractions of a length (See photo attached)
Anyone know what they mean, and anyone how to get around them? I want to open the file in Excel and add formulae to columns to calculate ratings, but the symbol are not numbers. Why would they put this kind fomratting in file to begin with?

Ray2000
06-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Tom

I use web query to put the USTA chart on a spreadsheet page then save it as an Excel .xls file.
Easier to pull data.

As for the beaten lengths:

In VB I use this to get around their silly fraction character

If Right(Cells(linenumber, 46).Value, 1) = "" Then GoTo skip1
ascno = AscW(Right(Cells(linenumber, 46).Value, 1))
Select Case ascno
Case 9563
fract = ChrW(190)
Case 9564
fract = ChrW(189)
Case 9565
fract = ChrW(188)
Case Else
fract = ""
End Select
skip1:

variable "fract" is still a string

In a spreadsheet formula you might try =IF(RIGHT(B5,1)="copy strange char here",0.5,.....etc

symbol with 2 lines up, 1 line left is 1/2
symbol with 2 lines up, 2 lines left is 1/4
symbol with 1 line up, 2 lines left is 3/4

Hope this helps

headhawg
06-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Anyone seen a program that will parse data from the USTA HTM charts?Working on it, Tom. Working on it. Trying to incorporate it into the results downloader that needs some tweaking. I just don't have time to do much of anything lately. I will keep you posted. JoeG might have created one already but I'm not sure of that.

Ray's suggestion seems like a workable solution. And thanks for the beaten lengths tip, Ray.

harcapper
06-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Working on it, Tom. Working on it. Trying to incorporate it into the results downloader that needs some tweaking. I just don't have time to do much of anything lately. I will keep you posted. JoeG might have created one already but I'm not sure of that.

Hawg,

I believe Joe has completed his project. Last I heard he was tweaking a few glitch's. He is posting the selections on his site when time permits. I myself have been too busy to actually check the results right now.

Har