PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Reviews ...

toetoe
06-21-2008, 01:21 PM
... of the free concert at Prospect Park in Brooklyn, featuring Angela Gheorghiu (MROWWWR ... :jump: ... scha-WING !!!) and Roberto Alagna (okay, he's pretty good --- whatever), which took place Friday.

Readers are forgiven for forgoing said concert in favor of attending Get Smart, what with the electric atmosphere crackling between Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway ( :sleeping: and double- :sleeping: ).

jognlope
06-21-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm an Angela groupie. She is the best I feel. Her Mia babbino caro is great, is on youtube. Lucky you!!

toetoe
06-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Best *I* ever felt, either. :liar:

jognlope
06-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Excerpt is on youtube

Light
06-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Toe

Dont know about the concert but can tell you you brought back some childhood memories with "prospect park". How's the good witch?

Light
06-22-2008, 11:15 AM
A few of us (family) used to go to Central park in the early 70's and watch the Shakespear festivals or an outdoor concert in the summers. Not sure if thats still happening but you may want to check it out while you're there. I've never forgotten the atmosphere at that time with hippies,flower power and natural food snacks.Of course sex and drugs and RR ruled.

jognlope
06-22-2008, 12:18 PM
I lived in Park Slope, went to some crazy parties, remember a hangover I was willing to shoot myself over, had drank 4 straigth scotches in rather a hurry the night before. The park was nice, used to bike around, you had to watch it, these Lance Armstrong types would come zooing by and if you weren't in the right lane (I was not because I was dragging), they would bark at you. There are stables there too, board is probably $800 or something.

jognlope
06-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Ah cut video. Hey he looks just like my horse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wql58Fg-V4