PDA

View Full Version : What, Bunsen Burner next?

wonatthewire1
06-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Sounds like a great science teacher, dontcha think?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080620/ap_on_re_us/teacher_bible

The country is full of nuts

;)

46zilzal
06-20-2008, 06:23 PM
One of my earliest inorganic chemistry professors looked JUST like this guy. We used to check behind his ears all the time for excess shaving cream he never seemed to notice was left there.

Fortunately my teacher was not a dangerous nut like you described.

wonatthewire1
06-20-2008, 08:31 PM
The nut was fired today too - look at his excuse in the article "just doing a demonstration"?

Should have his head bounced off a few lockers by the cops and if I were the parents - I'd be pressing charges unless the "teacher" could prove that he was acting in self-defense.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080620/ap_on_re_us/teacher_bible

JustRalph
06-21-2008, 02:09 AM
This guy has been around a long time. I actually have a close friend who's daughter has been in this guys class. This guy is well known for this stuff. He has been in trouble before. He is aligned with a group that is forcing these issues in Ohio. They have a defense fund etc setup. They are trying to make case law in Ohio.

The kids with the "crosses" didn't even bring it up until this guy got into a pissing match with the school board about having a bible in class. It is all grandstanding for the group that is trying to change the law in Ohio. He got what he wanted. They fired him and now he will sue and try to take it all the way to the State Supreme court.

Btw, this story has been circulating around Ohio for some time. At my house in Columbus this was in the papers weeks ago..................not sure why it popped up nationally now.

JustRalph
06-21-2008, 02:37 AM
read it locally

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/06/20/freshwater_decision.html?sid=101

PaceAdvantage
06-21-2008, 03:27 AM
Btw, this story has been circulating around Ohio for some time. At my house in Columbus this was in the papers weeks ago..................not sure why it popped up nationally now.Any excuse to paint Christianity in a bad light will be instantly seized upon as long as Bush is still in office. If the "Good Christian" Obama (who, it has been said, will ALSO infuse his public policy decisions with his faith, just like Bush) ever gets into office, look for Christianity to get a much less harsh spotlight.

wonatthewire1
06-21-2008, 12:25 PM
JR,
Thanks for posting the local article.

Interesting clip from it...

"“It saddens us that we're at this point,” said Mary Lou Sinzinger, a Freshwater supporter. “This God-fearing community is one of the reasons we moved here.”"

Even more interesting if the guy put the Koran out on his desk and refused to remove it...

Dearest Mary Lou - which "god" are you referring to?

:bang:

JustRalph
06-21-2008, 03:55 PM
JR,
Thanks for posting the local article.

Interesting clip from it...

"“It saddens us that we're at this point,” said Mary Lou Sinzinger, a Freshwater supporter. “This God-fearing community is one of the reasons we moved here.”"

Even more interesting if the guy put the Koran out on his desk and refused to remove it...

Dearest Mary Lou - which "god" are you referring to?

:bang:

Mt. Vernon is a very laid back place with a large Amish community just north of it. They are very serious when they say that they will get rid of the school board. It might take 3 years of elections. I would say the majority of those residents are much more pissed about the fact that this has become an issue of "national import" and that the Press has made it into something it shouldn't have been. They will be much more upset with the school board for "joining in" and being led by the hysteria. Lots of people who work in Columbus have fled to areas like Mt. Vernon. I doubt that continues though. Not with gas prices the way they are. It's a nice area...........but pretty laid back. It is just north of Columbus. You drive through a time warp right before you get there..............

wonatthewire1
06-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Interestingly, none of my buds over at LGF minded the fact that the guy should be canned immediately!

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/30434_Intelligent_Design_Teacher_Fired/comments/#ctop