PDA

View Full Version : Once Again the Chinese Double

sligg
02-26-2003, 11:21 PM
I have developed a spot play using the principles of the Chinese Double and the following are the results. Granted the sample is small but it is exciting.

In 21 days:

Bets 23

Won 11 47.8% ROI 19.8%
Place 21 91.3% ROI 58.7%
Show 21 91.3% ROI 29.8%

This spot play may lend itself to parlay wagering because of the high place and show %. There was a 7 race place and show streak and currently I'm on a 12 race place and show streak.

This is a multiple track method that is dependant on the morning line and closing line. And that might be the chink in these results.

How do you determine the closing line and still get a bet in online in a timely manner especially with late money screwing up the tote board.

Comments, please.

Hosshead
02-27-2003, 06:44 AM
Sal, Unfortunately in this day and age, there is NO WAY to know the final odds when betting (either online OR ontrack). If you can check your method out live (while it's happening online), try using a cuttoff point, say 2min till post. Write those odds down and see how your method holds up. Maybe it will still work. I know 23 bets mean nothing. But when you get that kind of ROI it does get the juices flowing right? How many tracks (and days) did it take to get 23 plays ? I assume you've taken the "principles of the CD" , and converted it to straight betting ?---Good Luck,----Hoss P.S. I'd wait and get a WHOLE LOT MORE RESULTS before even Thinking about Parlays!

hurrikane
02-27-2003, 10:22 AM
that's interesting Sligg,
not sure what odds range you are playing in but I have found that in the mid range the odds pretty much balance out moving up and down. If you are betting upper odds they move up more than down.
the biggest problem comes with low price horses.
they move down a lot. Maybe filtering that way will reduce some of the static from the off odds.

as you know this is barely any kind of a sample. hope it holds up. hope you share. :D

andicap
02-27-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by sligg
I .

This is a multiple track method that is dependant on the morning line and closing line. And that might be the chink in these results.

Comments, please.

Was that a pun or an unfortunate unintentional coincidence that you used that term "chink" in talking about the Chinese Double?

In any case, it was ill-advised. Even you if didn't mean anything by it, you have to remember people's feelings and they may feel insulted.

Why do I care? We adopted a girl from China three years ago. I will fight anyone who calls her a "chink."
Language can hurt, advertently or inadvertently -- words are the strongest weapons we have -- , so please be careful, people.

Now this may strike people as being politically correct to the max, but it isn't. Words bite. If you didn't mean anything by it (which I'm sure you didn't -- I'm sure it was a coincidence), you must be sensitive that other groups have feelings.

sligg
02-27-2003, 10:07 PM
There is a dictionary definition to the word:

chink-a weak spot that may leave one vulnerable.

And that was how I wrote it. I will agree with you that the word is also used to degrade people of Asian extraction.

It was a poor choice on my part because this word is typically used in the NYC area. One never goes to a Chinese restaurant-it was always referred to as "chinks"

It's a dirty, ugly word, no different than ******, dago, mick, kike, etc. Isn't it amazing in this wonderful racist country we always have a word to describe an ethnic group. Racism is the cancer that eventually will destroy us all, and we will get what we deserve.

superfecta
02-27-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by andicap
Was that a pun or an unfortunate unintentional coincidence that you used that term "chink" in talking about the Chinese Double?

In any case, it was ill-advised. Even you if didn't mean anything by it, you have to remember people's feelings and they may feel insulted.

Why do I care? We adopted a girl from China three years ago. I will fight anyone who calls her a "chink."
Language can hurt, advertently or inadvertently -- words are the strongest weapons we have -- , so please be careful, people.

Now this may strike people as being politically correct to the max, but it isn't. Words bite. If you didn't mean anything by it (which I'm sure you didn't -- I'm sure it was a coincidence), you must be sensitive that other groups have feelings. Take it in the way it was meant Andi.Don't chide someone who doesn't mean to offend and uses it as defined.If he said "chink" as a reference to the Chinese Double,ie the ol Chink Double,then jump his case.(remember"they just try to Jew ya down"?)Context.
Oh, and Sligg,you got guts.....no one has the guts to say ****** anymore,its always now the N word.(and as one who has been called a nig on a few occasions,I guess I should be grateful for the PC phrase,but it always struck me as dumb).But strangely,I also been slandered as a "chink" as well.AND I AM OF NEITHER RACE.I just hope we remember these words mean something and we do our darndest to teach better things to say to our fellow man in future generations.
Where is MR. Rogers when he is needed?Oh,yeah, hes gone away......:(