PDA

View Full Version : FF V3.0

DJofSD
06-18-2008, 05:10 PM
So far, so good. Works w/o a hitch. I have a couple of add ons that no longer work, the one I kind of miss is the status bar clock. I'll survive.

One thing I did notice is on some BRIS pages, there is no highlighting of visited links. Other pages on BRIS and other sites on the net, the visited links are highlighted as expected. Why the links on the extotic results page do not change color to show a visited link status is just strange (to me).

Another issue appears to have been fixed. It could or could not be related to V3 and has to do with the Instant Results PDF charts. In the past, when selecting charts to load into PDF under FF, on occasion, when the save file icon was clicked, the directory changed to My Documents. PDF likely uses the My Documents folder as the default. Since I have a separate set of folders for BRIS files, I would have to navigate to the folder I wanted to use before I saved the file. In a session where I D/L probably a dozen PDF result charts, the current directory for the PDF reader did not change once.

The look of V3 is a little different. Nothing major, just a little more eligant.

A two new bookmarks function appears to have been added. First, a separate folder in the bookmarks pane for the pages you have set in the personal toolbar. And, a recently bookmarked history folder also in the bookmarks pane.

I'm sure there's more but you'll have to read the V3 what's new blurb to find out.