PDA

View Full Version : HD at KEE

BillW
06-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Keeneland just doesn't know how to piss a customer off. They may lose their membership card in the horse track owners club. :lol: :lol:

http://news.bloodhorse.com/article/45778.htm

njcurveball
06-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Great post Bill!

Keeneland Racecourse announced June 18 it will become the first racetrack in North America to provide live race coverage and limited simulcasts in High-Definition format.

Better video always equates to the perception of a better product! Hope the other tracks "get it". :ThmbUp:

BombsAway Bob
06-18-2008, 02:43 PM
That's the Headline I want to see soon...
I hope Keeneland contacts Comcast ASAP...
Comcast Hi-Def has only about 60 channels,
plenty of room for "The Keeneland HD Channel"

Jeff P
06-18-2008, 02:48 PM
HD will soon be the standard for everything on the airwaves. Glad and not surprised that KEE is showing the way.

IMHO EVERY track should WANT their signal (HD or not) broadcast on cable, satellite, and the web. Instead most tracks go out of their way to hide their signals from us. :bang: :ThmbDown:

-jp

Tom Barrister
06-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Keeneland USED to be the track steeped in tradition. This was one of the last tracks (and this goes back a long ways) to adopt a photo finish camera (using "In the opinion of the judges" to place horses close-together on the wire) and one of the last to offer more exotics than the Daily Double (Oaklawn held out a bit longer, if I remember correctly). And of course, many of us remember the lack of a live race call until (I believe) 1997.

Then they're the third to install Polytrack, in 2006, and now they're putting High Definition TV in. What's next? Nancy and Mark doing long-winded race-by-race analysis?

Tom
06-18-2008, 08:25 PM
The best think about KEE is it only runs a couple of weeks at a time!
Beautiful track, worst racing I ever saw. Thankfully, a limited number of pacelines have to be thrown out for being run over whatver thay call that miserable excuse of a track surface. It always was crappy, now it's plasticrappy!:rolleyes: