PDA

View Full Version : Who's lying?

Tom
06-18-2008, 01:24 PM
The right says offshor drilling is banned.
The left says there are millions of acres of leased are where we could drill today.

Why is the truth so hard to get out of Washington and the media?

46zilzal
06-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Decide for yourself.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/19/washington/19drill.html?hp

Lose The Juice
06-18-2008, 01:35 PM
The ban dates back to 1981 and has been renewed by Congress each year since. There's also some Executive Order issued by GHWB which is apparently still in force.

Tom
06-18-2008, 02:11 PM
But are there leases out there right now that would allow drilling?
If not, the dems are lying.

Lose The Juice
06-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Dems do not lie.

Prevaricate, maybe. But NO LYING. :cool:

lamboguy
06-18-2008, 02:50 PM
democrats and republicans both lie. clinton was supposed to be a liberal and the the far right gave him money to win the second time around. george bush jr. was supposed to be compasionate conservative, he does nothing but give away money to his buddies.

so i guess you can say it really doesn't matter what your polition says. they claim they are with their party, but looks like they are all for themselves.

46zilzal
06-18-2008, 02:54 PM
so i guess you can say it really doesn't matter what your politician says. they claim they are with their party, but looks like they are all for themselves.
True since the game began.

ddog
06-19-2008, 12:42 AM
Yes, there are leases that would allow drilling now, but it will not happen.

Just because you have a lease doesn't mean it is worth drilling or technically possible to get the oil out yet.

There are lots of old fields that still have plenty of oil there, but they can't be used for various reasons.

Some of them because of the way the oil was pumped out in the first place.

Kind of funny that all the Bushs seemed to be against offshore drilling while they stood to benefit in electorial terms.
Some national security prez on that issue he turns out to be. :ThmbDown:

Oil is and has been for 30 years a thousand times more important to this countries security than 9/11 and all the attendent hand-wringing.

At least Mccain has come out for it during the election.
Got to give him points for that.
Still got to hold my nose and vote for him.

Evil of two lessors.

delayjf
06-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Kind of funny that all the Bushs seemed to be against offshore drilling while they stood to benefit in electorial terms.
Some national security prez on that issue he turns out to be.
Let's face it, the US has not been motivated to do anything about our dependence on foreign oil for years - after all, gas was cheap.

DJofSD
06-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Let's face it, the US has not been motivated to do anything about our dependence on foreign oil for years - after all, gas was cheap.

The US government has been more interested in bringing back the middle ages and indentured servitude.

46zilzal
06-19-2008, 04:26 PM
The US government has been more interested in bringing back the middle ages and indentured servitude.
You mean the rich get richer and make the rest support them? Evidence increasing all the time of greater and greater disparities in income and the clowns at the top facilitating it more and more.

DJofSD
06-19-2008, 04:33 PM
You mean the rich get richer and make the rest support them? Evidence increasing all the time of greater and greater disparities in income and the clowns at the top facilitating it more and more.

No. I mean ever increasing taxes. I mean feeling the cross hairs of the gun pointed at the middle class.

There will always be the so called rich just like there will always be the so called poor. But there will not always be the middle class.

I fear the greed of government more than I fear the averice of the rich.

46zilzal
06-19-2008, 04:41 PM
I fear the greed of government more than I fear the avarice of the rich.
Any more they are the same group of people.

delayjf
06-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Evidence increasing all the time of greater and greater disparities in income and the clowns at the top facilitating it more and more.
Indeed, mostly due to illegal immigration.

Tom
06-19-2008, 06:14 PM
How about the govn't re-distributte responsibility along with wealth?
The send a US Gobbermint bus to pick you iup every day at 5 AM and you damn well better be ready, or they come grab your butt and take it to work at US Gubberment work farm or House of Industry. You get paid fairly, but you work, and you don't slack off. Then no one can say they do not have opportunity. Share the wealth, sharae the load. Any objections, libs?

OTM Al
06-19-2008, 08:20 PM
You know what is ironic? With all this debate about offshore drilling, the oil companies wouldn't be able to do much if any even if they could. Just today saw a story about how they don't have the equipment to even do it. This of course involves specially outfitted ships, which would probably take years to build up the stock. So those that think this would be a quick fix, think again.

PaceAdvantage
06-20-2008, 02:24 AM
You mean the rich get richer and make the rest support them?When you say "rich" you are talking about Soros, Obama, Clinton and Gore, correct? Those types?

Tom
06-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Gore gets richer and richer, fatter and fatter, and his carbon footprint gets bigger and bigger.

We need to have an excessive tax on everything about him!

wonatthewire1
06-20-2008, 07:08 PM

As a rich guy - I'm not sharing with ya - no way

Go get your own!

:p

wonatthewire1
06-20-2008, 07:09 PM
When you say "rich" you are talking about Soros, Obama, Clinton and Gore, correct? Those types?

You forgot Kerry - all that Heinz ketchup money!

They are loaded

JustRalph
06-21-2008, 01:52 AM
You forgot Kerry - all that Heinz ketchup money!

They are loaded

Don't miss Heinz latest commercial.............. :lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kAKYpUo18wU