PDA

View Full Version : US Torture Technques

delayjf
06-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Below is a quote from Carl Levin.

If we use those same techniques offensively against detainees, it says to the world that they have America’s stamp of approval,” said Levin, D-Mich., at the onset of a committee hearing. “That puts our troops at greater risk of being abused if they’re captured. It also weakens our moral authority and harms our efforts to attract allies to our side in the fight against terrorism.”

I suppose Al Queda is going to start using dull spoons to saw off heads.

Here is the full article

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/torture_interrogations/2008/06/17/105247.html

Tom
06-17-2008, 10:57 PM
Carl Levin needs to be tortured.
Seriously.

HUSKER55
06-18-2008, 12:11 AM
tom:

amen

prospector
06-18-2008, 10:18 AM
stop the torture?
no more prisoners...
we caught hell in nam for abusing our prisoners when getting answers..we never took anymore prisoners..solved the hell getting.

never forget, they are the enemy...

Lose The Juice
06-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Anyone care to guess the number of terrorists we've actually waterboarded?

a) hundreds of thousands, and Bushitler was in on it, every single instance

b) at least a million, and probably even more than that O THE HUMANITY!!!

c) 24,985

d) Three

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN05191813

Tom
06-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Nowhere near as many as our own have been WB'd as training.
And nobody died.

Torture? If you're a weenie, maybe.:rolleyes:

delayjf
06-18-2008, 12:14 PM
I know some guys were water boarded at SEAR school. That's a POW training camp that pilots and others go though to get an idea of what captivity would be like - You are basically a POW for three days.

Tom
06-18-2008, 12:45 PM
And jsut where is the outrage over theses guys being "tortured?"
Oh, wait, they were Americans - the libs don't care about them.

ddog
06-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Anyone care to guess how insane the postings on this "board" can get?

I will assure you that nobody on this board and probably in this country KNOWS how many "we" have boarded, regarless of your position on the "board".

It's laughter provoking when the stories from the same news service are either praised as "THE" truth or scorned as Alruters when the only thing that really changed is the posters position in relation to the "story".

Don't board ME, bro!

:lol:

ddog
06-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Can one be tortured if one signs up for the "torture" ???
Oh, wait reading the goons on this board comes close!!

My bad.

:lol:

46zilzal
06-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Depending upon who is the screwor and who is the screwee, the opinions of course are different.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/04/AR2006100402005.html

Lose The Juice
06-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Nobody clicks links, eh?

"Waterboarding has been used on only three detainees," Hayden told the Senate Intelligence Committee. It was the first time a U.S. official publicly specified the number of people subjected to waterboarding and named them.

There. I typed it slowly so you wouldn't have trouble reading it.

Tom
06-18-2008, 01:22 PM
I think the point is, we have water borded far more of our own during training than them during interogation. And one of the three spilled the beans on a planned attack that was prevented.

And nobody died or was maimed. On either side.

Lose The Juice
06-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Hizb'allah pulled our CIA station chief, Bill Buckley, off the street in Beirut a couple of decades back, and tortured him to death over the course of several weeks.

But the loony left is worried about us WATERBOARDING THREE GUYS, ONE OF WHOM MASTERMINDED 9/11?

That's some perspective.

46zilzal
06-18-2008, 01:30 PM
No one is worried, just having a time with the clowns at the helm calling it one thing one day, okay the next........Double standards.

boxcar
06-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Don't board ME, bro! :lol:

Hey, "bro", would you mind very much if we tase you, then?

Boxcar

ddog
07-03-2008, 08:04 AM
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2008/08/hitchens200808?printable=true&currentPage=all

OTM Al
07-03-2008, 09:47 AM
I found this quite interesting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/02/us/02detain.html?_r=1

JustRalph
07-03-2008, 12:03 PM
If sleep deprivation is "torture" then I have a case for the entire 5 years I was in the Air Force.

Anybody who has ever worked a serious job has a case.............

hcap
11-04-2009, 06:54 PM
http://rawstory.com/2009/11/ambassador-cia-people-tortured/

Former UK ambassador: CIA sent people to be ‘raped with broken bottles’

By Daniel Tencer
Wednesday, November 4th, 2009 -- 3:31 pm

The CIA relied on intelligence based on torture in prisons in Uzbekistan, a place where widespread torture practices include raping suspects with broken bottles and boiling them alive, says a former British ambassador to the central Asian country.

Craig Murray, the rector of the University of Dundee in Scotland and until 2004 the UK's ambassador to Uzbekistan, said the CIA not only relied on confessions gleaned through extreme torture, it sent terror war suspects to Uzbekistan as part of its extraordinary rendition program.

"I'm talking of people being raped with broken bottles," he said at a lecture late last month that was re-broadcast by the Real News Network. "I'm talking of people having their children tortured in front of them until they sign a confession. I'm talking of people being boiled alive. And the intelligence from these torture sessions was being received by the CIA, and was being passed on."

cj's dad
11-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Any charts or graphs to go with your absurd allegations ??:lol:

Show Me the Wire
11-04-2009, 08:37 PM
broken bottles, oh my. That would be painful to both parties the inflictor and inflictee. Those CIA guys are tough cookies.

bigmack
11-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Former UK ambassador: CIA sent people to be ‘raped with broken bottles’

Craig Murray, the rector of the University of Dundee in Scotland and until 2004 the UK's ambassador to Uzbekistan
Craig John Murray is a British political activist, former ambassador to Uzbekistan and current Rector of the University of Dundee.
While at the embassy in Tashkent, he accused the Karimov administration of human rights abuses, a step which, he argued, was against the wishes of the British government and the reason for his removal. Murray complained to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in November 2002, January or early February 2003, and in June 2004 that intelligence linking the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan to al-Qaeda, suspected of being gained through torture, was unreliable, immoral, and illegal. He described this as "selling our souls for dross".

Murray was subsequently removed from his ambassadorial post on October 14, 2004. :lol:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/999-1.gif

Tom
11-04-2009, 10:53 PM
hcap brings this thread up after a year and a half?
Talk about unhinged. Last night really rocked his world. :lol:
Sarah says BOOOOOOO!

BlueShoe
11-06-2009, 10:19 PM
If sleep deprivation is "torture" then I have a case for the entire 5 years I was in the Air Force.
Is it too late for me to get in on this?After all,those chow to chow port and starboard watches I stood in the Navy left me drained.Nothing like a long midwatch to give you that tortured feeling.

cj's dad
11-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Maybe I should have posted this at some point;

but to every single person on this site who served time in the US military and particularly those who served overseas in a combat zone -

God Bless Every Single One of You !!

Thank You from the bottom of my heart !!!

jballscalls
11-07-2009, 10:40 AM
i've never got why people get upset at TERRORISTS getting tortured. these guys are the scum of the earth and what's worse, them getting tortured or innocent AMERICANS getting killed?

As long as it's done to a small select group of people who are obvious terrorists or have obvious/proven links, i'm all for it. where it would become a problem is if it were occurring way to often to people who were fringe witnesses, then it could happen to any one of us. but thats not how it went down, and if we kept our gov't smaller, then it would be easier to keep them accountable on this.

cj's dad
11-07-2009, 09:55 PM
JBC- it's as if those who are against waterboarding think that the folks in the CIA are idiots- they will simply torture anyone for no reason- these agents know who the bad guys are, and it "ain't" us.

However, thanks to BHO, the CIA now has their collective hands tied- thank you, B Hussein O, you jerk !!

Tom
11-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Part of The terrorist prezdenant's master plan.