PDA

View Full Version : 2003 classic

jognlope
06-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Wow I didn't know FC got bumped like this... he and Perfect Drift weren't the best of buddies I guess...

yPyeZII2k94

Tom Barrister
06-18-2008, 05:56 AM
Funny Cide is the one who did the bumping, getting out on the first turn and carrying Perfect Drift along, also interfering with Ten Most Wanted.

jognlope
06-18-2008, 07:44 AM
He be bad boy then...or was it his jockey Julie bad girl? Anyway, was not a good day for Funny who's still learnin to pony.

ghostyapper
06-18-2008, 09:10 AM
He be bad boy then...or was it his jockey Julie bad girl? Anyway, was not a good day for Funny who's still learnin to pony.

He didn't belong in that race at all. Hadn't raced since the haskell where he spiked a fever. It had to be the sackatoga nuts pressuring tagg to run him.

joanied
06-18-2008, 11:08 AM
:jump: Thanks for posting the video...it was great to see that Classic again...wonderful field and I was thrilled for Mandella (felt bad for Tagg...as mentioned, I doubt he wanted to run FC)...Congaree & Med D Oro made it even more fun to watch...loved both those horses...

Has anyone here seen the documentary/film 'On the Muscle'...they followed Mandella around and in doing so, had a film with the 'Perfect' ending...I really enjoyed 'On the Muscle' and :ThmbUp: recommend it to all.

PS...in the interview with Mandella after the race...loved that he quoted from 'Let it Ride'...guess everyone that loves racing has seen that movie...I have it in my library..an all time favorite!!

jognlope
06-18-2008, 02:00 PM
A horse who stands quietly for his morning nebulizer treatment should get the track delivered to him!! Tagg wasn't happy about Lonestar, that's very correct.