PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct....... Track Record

Suff
02-26-2003, 05:51 PM
It will Probably get a lil press elsewhere.. But Just the same...since I watched the race.

Captain Red in Today's 8th at NY...... 107 4/5ths. New 6 furlong Track record at Aqueduct. Went off at 5-2. Beat Affirmmed success, the 3-5 favorite.

cj
02-26-2003, 05:52 PM
Looking at how well Peeping Tom ran in the DeFrancis, 5-2 looked like a gift on the Captain!

CJ

Suff
02-26-2003, 06:00 PM
I did'nt play him to win... BuT I did play One bet.. 1-3 late double. That was paying $48.00 dollars. He had to withstand a TRAINERS objection as well... Socshberg (affirmmered) claimed Foul in the stretch.......... marginal contact--disallowed

Late double 1-1 $77.00

Spicy award 11-1 (bridgmohan)

Observer
02-26-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
Looking at how well Peeping Tom ran in the DeFrancis, 5-2 looked like a gift on the Captain!

CJ

CJ, I agree .. do you believe it??

;)

cj
02-26-2003, 07:14 PM
Not that I actually saw how well Peeping Tom ran, I just know he emerged from the fog ahead of all but My Cousin Matt :)

CJ

Suff
02-26-2003, 10:19 PM
Btw

Just to note... the horse that was second by a short length in that record setting $54,000 dollar allowance race? SuffolK Horse (Fla Bred) Claimed at Rockingham Park for 12,500. 7 months ago. Has earned about $125,000 since. Gold ID.

Kentucky Bred
02-27-2003, 07:52 AM
OK, fair enough, a 6 f track record at AQ really says something. I bet the 4/ Gold I.D. at 9-1 and ran second. But, for the record two things did not happen in the race that you would have figured on from a review of the PP's.

I factored the 5/Storm Commander as a horse to apply pace pressure on the 1/Captain Red. Also, the 2/Say Florida Sandy has been a very consistent pressure horse and it breaks horribly (which was uncharacteristic for the horse).

So Captain Red finds itself lone on the lead instead of receiving pressure. The 4 was forced to begin to press instead of sitting back and closing.

In short, a lot of horses were doing things that they weren't used to and funny things happen...like a new track record.

As for the objection, yea, I was hoping because the "infraction" happened to the odds-on favorite, but it wasn't enough to justify the take down. (Even though Corey Black, former jockey and now TVG analyst became a bit exercised claiming it did).

Kentucky Bred

Derek2U
02-27-2003, 08:17 AM
I watch the AQU races replays & most nights I watch them & pick
along. The first thing I noticed is the FAV, Affirmed Success ...
he turned 9 Jan 03, ran once on 1/10 after a 6 mos rest, WON..
yada yada ... so he's got to be vulnerable to speed. Captain Red
not only is a Screamer, but his last 2 at AQU INNER were his
best .... and they were 2 after a 6 mos rest. In other words,
I think Captain should have been the FAV not A.S. .... anyways,
yes, he DID drift toward the rail and YES that opening did get
narrower, but That's racing, and there still seemed room on the
rail to Squeeze on by, but hey, my question is this: Why didnt
McKee keep C.R. on the RAIL to begin with? yet, all in all the
Squeeze Play did Cost A.S. the victory but wasn't cause for DQ.
Funny isn't it .... because thats Exactly Why I think the Variable
that limits All prediction in racing is just that sort of thing, race
after race: but its mostly RIGHT AFTER they break. Those HeadOn
shots are great. I wonder what Beyer # Captain Red will get?

JustRalph
02-27-2003, 11:14 AM
I watched the race on racereplays.com

I think he did block the horse on the rail. But I think he still would have beat him. It would have been close but I think the horse that was blocked waited too long...... sure was one hell of good race though. I would have liked to see a head on view.

It looked to me like the winner was actually running a little green in the stretch. he might have run it faster if he had better form. Hell of a time though............