PDA

View Full Version : A very sad story

wonatthewire1
06-16-2008, 07:04 PM
The guys who are our defenders can't catch a break if injured, if we want them to police the world - we should at least take care of them as well as Ted Kennedy would be treated.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080616/ap_on_re_us/waiting_wounded

If you can spare some money, please send to Operation Homefront - a terrific organization. Like Lefty said, it ain't the govt job to take care of people who can't take care of themselves and the govt was listening with respect to our own defenders.

:bang:

JustRalph
06-16-2008, 09:42 PM
I hope somebody calls his local Congressman. This should be right up a Congressman's alley

Lefty
06-16-2008, 10:16 PM
won, a very cheap shot from a very limited thinker.

Dave Schwartz
06-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Listen, do you really think that this abuse of veterans is just a "republican thing?"

Veterans have been getting the worst of it for 40+ years. And as bad as it is, it just keeps getting worse.

ddog
06-17-2008, 07:10 AM
correct.

and it always gets lip service and call your Congressman and if we had only known,even from those who say they support the troops.

The whole "system" is a joke.
It should always error on the side of the vet in the first instance.

You can worry abut the details once you are sure the vet is taken care of.

If the vet was drawing a full living wage and benefits that should spur the system to move faster to the resolution.

46zilzal
06-17-2008, 11:35 AM
I worked in two Veteran's Hospitals during senior rotations. They were a joke THEN and that was over 30 years ago.

Tom
06-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Agree. this nation should be ashamed of itself.
It is not a great nation in this respect - it is a POS fifth world country.
I am really disappointed the McCain, of all people, is such a hump on this issue. A man with this little credibility will never get my respect or vote.:ThmbDown:

wonatthewire1
06-17-2008, 06:45 PM
One thing I've noticed about you guys (in general) is that you read a lot between the lines, but comprehension is not a strong suit.

I've looked at the original post 4x and don't see any reference that I've made to either political party.

Sorry Lefty - the only cheap shot is how poorly this guy has been treated. Ready to sacrifice it all but tossed to the side as quickly as possible.

Sorry Dave, the manner in which many of our bravest are treated after their usefulness has been exhausted is a national disgrace - if you wish to bring polictians into the mix, then by all means - but again, please do point out the reference that I made to either political party and I'll gladly own up to it

You can imply anything that you want - the truth of the matter is, we as a nation should be hanging our heads in shame.

:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: