PDA

View Full Version : Golf... I feel cheated

dav4463
06-16-2008, 04:21 PM
I watched the golf tournament come down to an incredible finish between Mediate and Woods. It goes to a playoff round on Monday and then goes into a sudden death playoff.

It was all right there to watch on TV until the final deciding holes. Now, ESPN is showing soccer.

I cannot believe that there is no TV coverage of the sudden death playoff. I feel cheated that I can't watch it and ESPN360 came back as "service not available".

BillW
06-16-2008, 04:33 PM
I watched the golf tournament come down to an incredible finish between Mediate and Woods. It goes to a playoff round on Monday and then goes into a sudden death playoff.

It was all right there to watch on TV until the final deciding holes. Now, ESPN is showing soccer.

I cannot believe that there is no TV coverage of the sudden death playoff. I feel cheated that I can't watch it and ESPN360 came back as "service not available".

It was on NBC

ldiatone
06-16-2008, 04:44 PM
woods wins in SD. too bad for rocco, just couldn't hit the drives like woods.
the last hole showed that.
ldiatone

BillW
06-16-2008, 04:48 PM
ldiatone

Who'd a thought that a guy from western Pa. could come that close to winning a major. :lol: :lol:

ldiatone
06-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Who'd a thought that a guy from western Pa. could come that close to winning a major. :lol: :lol:
Greensburg, pa, 40 mins on Rt30. from downtown Pittsburgh
ldo

BillW
06-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Greensburg, pa, 40 mins on Rt30. from downtown Pittsburgh
ldo

And 15 mins. from where I grew up. ;)

toetoe
06-16-2008, 05:11 PM
He didn't need to play all that well. I guess these guys were exhausted, mentally and physically.

Oh well, there's always the Greater Greensburgh Open ... right ? :p

BillW
06-16-2008, 05:15 PM
He didn't need to play all that well. I guess these guys were exhausted, mentally and physically.

Oh well, there's always the Greater Greensburgh Open ... right ? :p

Oakmont

dav4463
06-16-2008, 05:19 PM
I couldn't find it. I guess I just looked at the guide on my TV and it didn't show it as being on. I should've clicked on the channels I guess. :(

boomman
06-16-2008, 06:08 PM
I couldn't find it. I guess I just looked at the guide on my TV and it didn't show it as being on. I should've clicked on the channels I guess. :(

It wasn't in the guide because it was a play-off. That's why "channel surfing" is always a good idea!!! :D

Boomer

jballscalls
06-16-2008, 06:26 PM
It wasn't in the guide because it was a play-off. That's why "channel surfing" is always a good idea!!! :D

Boomer

plus on the espn portion of the broadcast they said that at the turn they were switching to nbc quite a few times.

DJofSD
06-16-2008, 08:09 PM
ldiatone
Ya, too bad Rocco couldn't smack that ball as good as Tiger.

You're likely referring to the wonderful job Tiger did both Saturday and Sunday from 1. Of coarse this is not fair since Tiger was playing while hurting.

dutchboy
06-16-2008, 09:28 PM
nbcsports.msnbc.com

If you go to this website you will be able to watch every shot of the playoff today. It is broken in to the first 9 holes and then a second video of the second 9 and the sudden death playoff.

I have just watched a few minutes but from what I saw it looks good.

dav4463
06-16-2008, 11:44 PM
plus on the espn portion of the broadcast they said that at the turn they were switching to nbc quite a few times.

I didn't have the sound up because I hate hearing the idiot who yells "it's in the hole!" after every shot!

It can be a 575 yard par five and on the tee shot, some goofball will invariably yell, "it's in the hole!"

ddog
06-17-2008, 06:57 AM
espn classic showed it all last night.