PDA

View Full Version : BARACK OMAMAS next president?

lamboguy
06-16-2008, 09:18 AM
http://www.hcsfjm.com/sowell.html

if this is correct, he flat out don't qualify based on the rules.

but in this day and age who pay's any attention to them

OTM Al
06-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Looks like crap, smells like crap. He was born in the US to a parent who was a US citizen. He is a US citizen. Second, the law cited is no longer relevant if it ever was.

Tom
06-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Al......Ssssshhhhhhhh! ;)

GameTheory
06-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Considering the stuff you're linking to there was supposedly written by Thomas Sowell, well-known economist and columnist, but clearly was not written by Sowell (or it would appear with the rest of his work on his actual website or townhall.com, jewishworldreview.com, etc where his columns are published) -- I would say definitely a fake. There have been versions of this floating around for a while. I think some people are even making the argument that Hawaii is not actually a state, and therefore nobody born in Hawaii is a citizen.

It does bring up an interesting question though -- what is the "certification" process involve if you are the president-elect? (Or is it all taken care of when you declare candidacy?) Surely you must prove to someone that you are eligible?

boxcar
06-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Looks like crap, smells like crap. He was born in the US to a parent who was a US citizen. He is a US citizen. Second, the law cited is no longer relevant if it ever was.

One is led to naturally wonder about this guy's natural citizenship, since he, like Kerry, doesn't want to pony up the papers that would disprove the allegations.

Boxcar

OTM Al
06-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Thing is, there is nothing that needs to be proven. First, the the requirement to be President is

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

If you can accept that he was born in Hawaii, he is a natural born citizen. If you cannot, here is the actual law

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock: A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) INA provided the citizen parent was physically present in the U.S. for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen are required for physical presence in the U.S. to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.

His mother was 18 when he was born. They did not go to Indonesia for 2 more years, thus, she fulfilled the requirement as she would have been over 19 at the time they went abroad. Case closed.

46zilzal
06-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Hey Al don't use logic, many here can't understand it!!

JustRalph
06-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Why not go to the horses mouth

http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/birthcert

that was not written by Dr. Sowell..............as far as I can tell..........???

OTM Al
06-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Looks like the papers were indeed ponied up. Anybody that criticizes a candidate based on what he has said or done is fine in my book as that is what I believe you are supposed to do, but this sort of thing is cheap and silly. Damn that Al Gore for inventing the internet to allow such rumors....wait...oh yeah....

Tom
06-17-2008, 11:04 AM
OK, then I'll criticize him for a couple of things:

1. He said on Jimmy Kimmel that he flies his friends in to paly basketball. IS THIS his committment to being green? Like Al gore, he is a fraud, who will tell US how to live but ignore it himself. People like this make me sick. I do not agree with GW, but if you are going to push the fraud of it, at least man up and live the talk you spew out. Shame on you, Barack Obama.

2. He made a joke about Asian basketball teams not being very tall. Hmmmm. Would it be as funny is someone made a crack about black and ice skating?
Haven't people been fired from broadcasting jobs for less offensice comments?
Rush got canned at ESPN for making a truthful statement, but Barry Hussein gets a pass on outright racism? Shame on you, Barack Obama.

This guy is a twit.