PDA

View Full Version : NYCOTB Deal agreed on tonight!

Storm Cadet
06-15-2008, 08:17 PM
http://wcbstv.com/local/OTB.Deal.Reached.2.748816.html

The Hawk
06-15-2008, 10:16 PM
That's great news! I love those surcharges...and oh, those beautifully decorated betting parlors!

badcompany
06-16-2008, 12:39 AM
NYS Takes Over City's Off-Track Betting Operations

NEW YORK (AP) ― The city's financially troubled Off-Track Betting horse racing operations are being taken over by the state, the mayor and governor said Sunday.

Under an agreement between the city and the state, a newly formed state corporation takes over OTB while the city continues to receive part of a surcharge related to wagers placed on races at tracks within city limits, which last year amounted to $4.25 million.

The city also will continue to broadcast horse races on behalf of OTB for three years on two television channels, and OTB will pay the city $3.25 million per year, he said. After the three years, the city and state will negotiate the possible continuation of the broadcast agreement.

So, the state takes over but the city will continue to do the things that drive serious players away.

Sounds like a plan:bang:

samyn on the green
06-16-2008, 05:31 AM
That's great news! I love those surcharges...and oh, those beautifully decorated betting parlors!Now the state is working to raise the takeout to help pay for the OTB takeover. I hope my teats can withstand the additional milking the state is planning for us horseplayers.

The Hawk
06-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Now the state is working to raise the takeout to help pay for the OTB takeover. I hope my teats can withstand the additional milking the state is planning for us horseplayers.

No problem. Stop playing the NY races.