PDA

View Full Version : NY CITY OTB

Hammerhead
06-13-2008, 06:14 PM
New York State takes over OTB. No one to lose there jobs.

All politicly appointed deadbeats will still collect there paycheks.

Dam I was worried. :lol:

classhandicapper
06-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Not exactly.

I read that 200 non union jobs (basically a lot of political appointees) will probably be let go or replaced.

Most of the clerk/manager jobs are union jobs. They typically get their jobs based on recommendations from insiders, but few are political deadbeats like the others.

badcompany
06-13-2008, 08:43 PM
According to the Bloodhorse article, the state wants to increase the takeout by 1%.

That's a good idea. I've always felt it was too low:lol: .

classhandicapper
06-13-2008, 08:54 PM
According to the Bloodhorse article, the state wants to increase the takeout by 1%.

That's a good idea. I've always felt it was too low:lol: .

Yes, I read that's part of the deal. It's totally idiotic, but I was wondering if it's part of a deal to hand OTB over to NYRA in a few months. In other words, NYRA accepts the higher take for now, but gets control over some valuable OTB assets (phone accounts). Then over time it can try to turn it into a complimentary enterprise instead of competing one.

badcompany
06-14-2008, 01:33 AM
Yes, I read that's part of the deal. It's totally idiotic, but I was wondering if it's part of a deal to hand OTB over to NYRA in a few months. In other words, NYRA accepts the higher take for now, but gets control over some valuable OTB assets (phone accounts). Then over time it can try to turn it into a complimentary enterprise instead of competing one.

That makes a lot of sense. So, it's probably not gonna happen.

On the bright side, when I'm in Saratoga, I notice that the OTB channel (Capital OTB) is run way better than in NYC, where it's an absolute fiasco.

fouroneone
06-20-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm suprised the press never found out that Sunday Afternoon the State Troopers were mobilized and told to prepare to take over the NYC OTB's by force if the city were to try to shut them down.......imagine if that had happened.