PDA

View Full Version : The Stephen Foster

Bruddah
06-13-2008, 12:08 PM
I really look forward to watching this race. Will Curlin/ R. Albarado be recovered enough from Dubai and win? Personally, I hope so. I have always liked this horse, especially after I saw him win the Arkansas Derby. He was very young and immature then, but it seems he has filled out and become a "full growed man".

I also find it interesting that R. Albarado was/is the primary rider for Einstein with J. Leparoux getting the mount in the travers. Also, Albarado the primary rider for Grasshopper with G. Gomez getting the assignment.

The Travers as always, a Quality field of horses and a special race. :ThmbUp:

cj
06-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Ummm...it is the Foster. The Travers is for 3 year olds in August.

Bruddah
06-13-2008, 12:13 PM
You are right. I just didn't click on my brain and let my fingers do solo typing. :blush: :D Bad case of Sometimers.

cj
06-13-2008, 12:26 PM
You are right. I just didn't click on my brain and let my fingers do solo typing. :blush: :D Bad case of Sometimers.

No big deal, it wasn't too hard to figure out.

By the way, I posted the figures for this race and the other Churchill stakes for Saturday on my home page (http://www.pacefigures.com).

Wickel
06-13-2008, 01:21 PM
While we're talking about the Travers, I'll fire first: Colonel John in a cakewalk!!!

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2008, 02:16 PM
I fixed the title of the thread just to minimize the confusion factor.

Bruddah
06-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the correction. :ThmbUp: I am still looking forward to seeing Curlin run. I hope he continues to run safely and successfully for the rest of the year. I don't need to see him run in this years version of the BC but if he should do well this year, he will be the all time money earner, without the BC. It will be up to the experts to determine if he will qualify as a GREAT in this sport.

netbet
06-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Real nice card at Churchill tomorrow. Sadly, not available for online wagering other than some rebate shops. I will be at the local OTB glued to the monitors.

46zilzal
06-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Barcola has a shot to hit the board at a price.

Tee
06-13-2008, 05:27 PM
I keep coming back to Grasshopper. Should sit a very nice trip in behind the speed.

Brass Hat seems to come alive when he runs @ CD. He isn't getting any younger though that is for sure.

joanied
06-14-2008, 11:20 AM
:jump: Great bunch of races today....and I'm so excited to see Curlin back...he has his work cut out for him, giving a lot of weight and hope he's over the 'jet lag' of his Dubia trip.
I see Grasshopper & Brass Hat as his main rivals in here...I like Brass Hat back on dirt. I beleive Curlin is good enough to overcome the weights & his Dubia trip;
Curlin
Grasshopper
Brass Hat

The Northern Dancer sure looks fun... and I see Pyro taking this one;
Pyro
Recapturetheglory
Visionaire

In the Regret;
Pure Clan
Ms. Mafioso (a 'hunch' pertaining to the BB walkover with that gal leading the way acting like, well, Ms Mafioso)

In the Jefferson Cup I like Tizdejavu with Halo Najib 2nd

Mint Julep;
Dreaming of Anna
Street Sounds
Danzon

Fleur de Lis (spelling?) has to be Hysterical Lady, Cowgirls Don't Cry 2nd

Obeah; Unbrideled Belle
Lemon Drop Mom
Best Vow

And in the Ogden Phipps....Ginger Punch all the way!!!

Good :ThmbUp: day for racing...allows us to put aside last Saturday's disaster!!

jballscalls
06-14-2008, 12:06 PM
While we're talking about the Travers, I'll fire first: Colonel John in a cakewalk!!!

Isnt the Travers on Dirt?? i thought the Col. only could run on Polywax?

Fingal
06-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Real nice card at Churchill tomorrow. Sadly, not available for online wagering other than some rebate shops. I will be at the local OTB glued to the monitors.

I can't understand WHY the Foster isn't on ESPN. It's not like Curlin was a last minute entry which would mess up their programming plans. You can't bump the US Open , but ESPN 2, ESPN News............. Those without HRTV got the shaft.:bang:

whyhorseofcourse
06-14-2008, 02:50 PM
I absolutely adore Einstein. I hope the cross from turf to dirt wont be as hard as last time. I would say by far he is the most explosive horse in the field.

RichieP
06-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Curlin
Grasshopper
Delightful Kiss

Tom
06-14-2008, 04:11 PM
Maybe I'm jaded, but no betting, no interst, not even in Curlin. :ThmbDown:
I'd rather spend time betting Suffolk.

So I don't care if he wins or loses. Actully I hope he gets beat for supporting the anti-player track. He could have run at a real race track. His people don't care about me, I don't care about them. Screw Curlin. :ThmbDown:

joanied
06-14-2008, 04:45 PM
I can't understand WHY the Foster isn't on ESPN. It's not like Curlin was a last minute entry which would mess up their programming plans. You can't bump the US Open , but ESPN 2, ESPN News............. Those without HRTV got the shaft.:bang:

Yep....ESPN is supposed:liar: to be promoting horse racing...but plain to see that the other sports events are way more important to them...they have several ESPN channels...you'd think they could get a few of todays big races on there someplace...especially Curlin's race!!
I still hate ESPN:ThmbDown:

joanied
06-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Maybe I'm jaded, but no betting, no interst, not even in Curlin. :ThmbDown:
I'd rather spend time betting Suffolk.

So I don't care if he wins or loses. Actully I hope he gets beat for supporting the anti-player track. He could have run at a real race track. His people don't care about me, I don't care about them. Screw Curlin. :ThmbDown:

Guess you are a bit ticked off....which is no never mind to me, but please...don't blame Curlin....he didn't do nothin':)

john del riccio
06-14-2008, 05:12 PM
I think if anyone can upset CURLIN, its probably BRASS HAT...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47802

Good Luck,

John

Bruddah
06-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Dutrow and BB wouldn't stand a chance against Curlin. He beat a good professional field and looked like a real race HOSS. Right now Curlin's da Man! Much Man!

I wonder if Dutrow wants to comment on how Curlin has been handled and trained? ;)

JustRalph
06-14-2008, 08:54 PM
he sure looked good today. :ThmbUp:

joanied
06-14-2008, 09:59 PM
:jump: Curlin, Curlin, Curlin :jump: Beautiful!!!

Now they need to get him on polycrap in the morning to see what he does... a horse like this, probably won't matter what he runs on... and hope that Santa Anita gets all this crap-track stuff behind them for the BC.

rgustafson
06-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Dutrow and BB wouldn't stand a chance against Curlin. He beat a good professional field and looked like a real race HOSS. Right now Curlin's da Man! Much Man!

I wonder if Dutrow wants to comment on how Curlin has been handled and trained? ;)

Yes, Bruddah, you got it right. Big Brown beats up on a bunch of half ass three year olds and some people think he is the next coming. Sorry, not in the same league with this horse. I think Larry Jones had it right when he talked about BB running against the likes of Curlin, Street Sense, and Hard Spun rather than these clowns he ran against this year, he would have benn very lucky to win any of the Triple Crown races.

ghostyapper
06-14-2008, 11:37 PM
They are not to blame for this but I sure hope NYRA straightens out this whole license mess that might prevent curlin from running in ny.

ghostyapper
06-14-2008, 11:38 PM
:jump: Curlin, Curlin, Curlin :jump: Beautiful!!!

Now they need to get him on polycrap in the morning to see what he does... a horse like this, probably won't matter what he runs on... and hope that Santa Anita gets all this crap-track stuff behind them for the BC.

Asmussen has already stated that curlin will not be running in the bc classic.

Rackon
06-15-2008, 02:02 AM
They are not to blame for this but I sure hope NYRA straightens out this whole license mess that might prevent curlin from running in ny.

I don't think the licensing problems are with Midnight Cry but with the girlfriends/wives to whom the MC interest is "leased".

It was a shame Einstein didn't get to go last week to run on the grass cuz he was obviously primed for a big race.

PaceAdvantage
06-15-2008, 02:57 AM

I wonder if Dutrow wants to comment on how Curlin has been handled and trained? ;)Curlin is still trained by Steve Asmussen, correct? :lol:

Did I miss the ceremony where Steve was absolved of all his past sins, simply because Dutrow has a big mouth?

I seem to remember Asmussen being one of the poster boys around here for cheating trainers. Now all of a sudden, he can do no wrong. Funny how this game is perceived, even by those who follow it closely.

broadreach
06-15-2008, 03:38 AM
Clinical win by Curlin, building an imposing record.
Barcola fought on very well, deserves a win soon.

Tom Barrister
06-15-2008, 04:03 AM
Curlin is still trained by Steve Asmussen, correct? :lol:

Did I miss the ceremony where Steve was absolved of all his past sins, simply because Dutrow has a big mouth?

I seem to remember Asmussen being one of the poster boys around here for cheating trainers. Now all of a sudden, he can do no wrong. Funny how this game is perceived, even by those who follow it closely.

He hasn't been absolved of them by most who follow such. He's probably still cheating, just more careful about it; maybe not with Curlin, but probably with others.

Bruddah
06-15-2008, 05:35 AM
Barcola has a shot to hit the board at a price.

The show price of $6.00 was a square price and he just missed the place. Hope you made some good money. :ThmbUp:

Bruddah
06-15-2008, 05:40 AM
Curlin is still trained by Steve Asmussen, correct? :lol:

most of the Top trainers almost have Pharmacological degrees. I don't think any of them can be absolved. However, Dutrow is just a big mouth to go along with it. :lol: