PDA

View Full Version : best set up for twinspires tv

JBmadera
06-12-2008, 02:53 PM
any recommendations on a set up for my home based simulcast center, aka my office :) ? currently I am running two laptops, one for twinspires and tvg and one for twinspires tv. they both seem to get very hot and both have small screens. I am moving a new flat panel tv into my office and I was wondering if I could hook it up to one of the laptops for twinspires.

i'm still kidding myself that if I could just see the horses better, like I used to at the track, i'd be doing better in the roi department.

thx!

robert99
06-12-2008, 05:11 PM
JB,

Many prefer to use old style cathode ray screen tvs in UK for this purpose, 19 inch being the apparent optimum. We bet in-running and you need sharp pictures.
An LCD tv , even the latest, suffers some motion blur and if your broadband line (5Mbps plus) has contention you may get the streaming video stagger plus that blur, even with a fast processor, graphics card and fast RAM. A large tv is not that crisp close up and it seems that if you are going from a close by large screen to a laptop screen it hurts the eyes after a while with the continual refocussing.

No harm though in trying your tv out to see if it suits.

JBmadera
06-12-2008, 05:35 PM
JB,

Many prefer to use old style cathode ray screen tvs in UK for this purpose, 19 inch being the apparent optimum. We bet in-running and you need sharp pictures.
An LCD tv , even the latest, suffers some motion blur and if your broadband line (5Mbps plus) has contention you may get the streaming video stagger plus that blur, even with a fast processor, graphics card and fast RAM. A large tv is not that crisp close up and it seems that if you are going from a close by large screen to a laptop screen it hurts the eyes after a while with the continual refocussing.

No harm though in trying your tv out to see if it suits.

thank you!

how do you connect a tv of that vintage to your pc?

robert99
06-13-2008, 08:20 PM
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/205855-15-please-help-connect-computer