PDA

View Full Version : Dutrow to testify to Congress!

fmhealth
06-11-2008, 07:11 PM
This could be a classic!!!

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jhhyzhbNUat-3dLLHd8pWRNdatqAD9184JP80

ddog
06-11-2008, 09:52 PM
You just couldn't make this stuff up.

cj
06-11-2008, 11:40 PM
I just saw on ESPN the horse is going back on Winstol this month. Nice. :rolleyes:

bigmack
06-12-2008, 12:59 AM
I think I've seen this bit:

hhsnJbua25g

cj's dad
06-12-2008, 01:11 AM
I think I've seen this bit:

hhsnJbua25g

Whats scary is that he looks like Dutrow

menifee
06-12-2008, 01:13 AM
That clip is the best. You captured it perfectly. What's the over/under on how many times he says "babe" during his testimony?

This will be like every other congressional hearing - nothing will happen. Even though Congress could actually amend the Interstate Horse Racing and force the industry to reform and provide some uniform rules regarding drugs, etc., it won't do anything.

JustRalph
06-12-2008, 04:42 AM
how in the hell does R.Dutrow end up the face of racing on Capitol Hill?

You know, Character does count. If they don't shut racing down after Dutrow and the rest are finished, I will be surprised.

We already placed an entire Triple Crown season on the shoulders of this guy and his truth challenged owners, and now they get to march up Capitol Hill and be the face of the sport? This is crazy................This is the only thing they could screw up worse than the Belmont..............

NY BRED
06-12-2008, 05:34 AM
Given the testimony of MR.D., and the usage of steroids, it
is conceivable the horse ran brilliantly due to the drug and MAY have
run poorly while "x" the med.

In the event steroids are disallowed next year, could Three Chimneys demand their $ back as the stud value of this horse could plunge?

The true test might be to force BB to run off steroids in the Haskell and any
future race (Breeders Cup) to protect their investment.

Cangamble
06-12-2008, 09:29 AM
The hearing will be a week from today. It will be available to be viewed over the internet:
http://boards.msn.com/MSNBCboards/thread.aspx?threadid=681357&boardsparam=PostID%3D19223755

DJofSD
06-12-2008, 09:40 AM
how in the hell does R.Dutrow end up the face of racing on Capitol Hill?

Most excellent question.

PaceAdvantage
06-12-2008, 09:51 AM
how in the hell does R.Dutrow end up the face of racing on Capitol Hill?I'm sure he's one of many on the witness list. And it's a no-brainer why he was on the list, given those two little races he won this year....

kenwoodallpromos
06-12-2008, 11:06 AM
"Williamson, the starter for the New York Racing Association, who in typical fashion June 7 stood on the track to break the field.

“I see the (starter) on the track; I don’t know what he was doing,” (Said Dutrow).
Which excuse will Dutrow bring with him? Will they ask why he is now in KD's camp? Will they ask anybody6 why racing still runs the same TC schedule after so many years (with the exception of 1973-1978) of K Derby winners eventually dfailing n the Belmont when even supposedly the best horses have as much shot of winning all 3 as a maiden claimer has of even getting in the KY Derby?

socantra
06-12-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm sure he's one of many on the witness list. And it's a no-brainer why he was on the list, given those two little races he won this year....
The following is a "witness list" for the June 19 hearing, more details of which will be available soon.

Panel I: Alan Marzelli, president and chief executive officer of The Jockey Club; Richard Shapiro, chairman of the California Horse Racing Board; Arthur Hancock, a Thoroughbred owner/breeder; Randy Moss, analyst for ESPN; Hall of Fame trainer Jack Van Berg; and trainer Rick Dutrow Jr., trainer of 2008 Derby and Preakness winner Big Brown.

Panel II: Dr. Sue Stover, veterinarian at the University of California-Davis; Dr. Larry Soma, veterinarian at the University of Pennsylvania; Dr. Mary Scollay, recently hired as Kentucky's equine medical director; Dr. Wayne McIlwraith, veterinarian at Colorado State University; and Alex Waldrop, president and CEO of the National Thoroughbred Racing Association.

(Originally published at BloodHorse.com.)

ddog
06-12-2008, 11:32 AM
i would LOVE to hear 10 minutes of under oath one on one between
Jack and dutrow!

DJofSD
06-12-2008, 11:42 AM
i would LOVE to hear 10 minutes of under oath one on one between
Jack and dutrow!

Could be like the scene in Godfather I when Michael Corleone testifies before Congress. Lots of shucking and jiving and obfuscation.

ddog
06-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Could be like the scene in Godfather I when Michael Corleone testifies before Congress. Lots of shucking and jiving and obfuscation.

You ever talked to Big Jack?
from an old Aksarben fan.

:lol:

Bill Cullen
07-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Keep racing a little dishonest - I like finding minor track trainers building for long odds!

Bill C