PDA

View Full Version : VIP Horses

JustRalph
02-26-2003, 03:19 AM
Anybody use viphorses.com? I hit a link from DRF to their site. I am just wondering what it's like? :cool:

Suff
02-26-2003, 12:13 PM
Camptown,,,,,,, a member of PA...... Has a relationship with them somehow... they sponsored a contest that a few PA guys played in,

Site seemed OK... As far as horses,, Here's a few things I did'nt like.

They shut off betting very early... 2-3 Mins to post

they don't take PIk4's or 6's

They CAP payoffs on a few wagers

Perhaps they don't comingle...I would think if they CAP payoffs.. thats the case... If your a BIG win pool player.. that may be good at smaller venues.

cj
02-26-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Sufferindowns

...Perhaps they don't comingle...I would think if they CAP payoffs.. thats the case... If your a BIG win pool player.. that may be good at smaller venues.

Off-shore books that don't co-mingle usually limit bet sizes at the smaller race tracks, even in the win pools.

As for the co-mingling, I don't believe for a second these guys don't turn around and put your money into the pools if they stand to lose money. Why wouldn't they?

CJ

CamptownRaces.com
02-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Sufferindowns
Camptown,,,,,,, a member of PA...... Has a relationship with them somehow... they sponsored a contest that a few PA guys played in,

Site seemed OK... As far as horses,, Here's a few things I did'nt like.

They shut off betting very early... 2-3 Mins to post

they don't take PIk4's or 6's

They CAP payoffs on a few wagers

Perhaps they don't comingle...I would think if they CAP payoffs.. thats the case... If your a BIG win pool player.. that may be good at smaller venues.

The wagers you make through VIP will NOT hit the pools.

I've gotten screwed a couple of times on huge exactas and trifectas that they capped off, and a couple of my "Contest Players" had some problems when they played "Funny Money" at a couple of smaller tracks, but I have never had any problems with them.

I love the way the wagering terminal is setup.

Open a demo account and see what you think before you put any real money in with them.

I also play through betehorse as well...

VIP sponsored my HR Contest, and is the only Racebook that you will see on my new site...

http://www.horseracing-selections.com

The URL says exactly what to expect from my new site...

Later all...

PS

I'm chomping at the bit for this weekends Pick4 contest...

Charles