PDA

View Full Version : sim to win anyone use it?

acorn54
06-11-2008, 03:19 PM
http://www.sim2win.com/index.php

curious if anyone is using this software and what they think about it?

BCOURTNEY
06-11-2008, 05:21 PM
http://www.sim2win.com/index.php

curious if anyone is using this software and what they think about it?

It has pretty neat graphics.

acorn54
06-11-2008, 06:19 PM
yes but does it get the results as claimed ?

Hosshead
06-12-2008, 06:32 AM
First, only about 18 races per month.
Second, how can you tell what results are claimed ? Or did I miss something?

They say that "sim2win is not a horse race predictor". And that everyone can use it differently. OK.
Then they say that all the results used for their ROI stats are almost the same as everyone would get.

The ROI (on their website) is a total of their multitude of bets on each race.
I'm always suspicious of anyone who won't just give you the ROI on STRAIGHT WIN !
Top horse in each race. $2.00 What's the ROI ?
With the win % they claim, it should show a straight WIN profit.
But why hide it?

ryesteve
06-12-2008, 06:46 AM
First, only about 18 races per month.

Then they say that all the results used for their ROI stats are almost the same as everyone would get.
Sounds more like a tout service than handicapping software

Tom Barrister
06-12-2008, 05:27 PM
I spoke to one of the developrers on the phone about making a data arrangement with a supplier (such as HDW). While they already have an agreement with Equibase to use that data in their program, the gist of what I got was that they want to keep things in-house. Their business strategy is to have their handicappers analyze races and then basically choose those at major or semi-major tracks which havelittle unknown information and which the handicappers can get a solid handle on.

The developer sounds sincere in the company's desire to serve the customers and improve the industry (through the Fantasy games). If the results listed on the page are true, they're doing a good job of the former, although at about $6 per race, they'd need to.

Slightly Off Topic: I can definitely vouch for the Horse Racing Fantasy Game. It's excellent.

njcurveball
06-12-2008, 05:33 PM
basically choose those at major or semi-major tracks which havelittle unknown information

You gave me a good laugh here! Three year olds running 2 furlongs longer than they have ever done in their life qualifies for "little unknown" information. :lol:

There is a reason the BIG favorite in the Belmont underperforms even todays stock market. Even the Derby is more predictable with double the amount of horses in it.

I know you were just quoting thier answer,but boy did that one hit the funny bone! :jump: