PDA

View Full Version : Aussies: American Horse Racing is a joke.......

fouroneone
06-11-2008, 09:30 AM
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,23844325-5016491,00.html

THE United States may well be the land of the free and home of the brave but its racing is a joke.........................

Shenanigans
06-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Funny coming from a country who's beloved champion Phar Lap was recently revealed to be hopped up on "arsenic and old lace":p when racing.

sally
06-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Guess there's plenty of mud to go around--

Seabiscuit@AR
06-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Having a horse go from winning major G1 races to plummeting back through the field before the straight at long odds on is not a good thing

I suppose it might be a relative thing. I personally think USA racing is OK. But the fact is I also think Australian racing is better than USA racing

asH
06-11-2008, 11:09 AM
time for America to go back to its roots, roll up its sleeves and prove to the world this is the best place on the planet.

Tom
06-11-2008, 11:34 AM
At least we aren't upside down! :eek:
Message to Austrailia...don't bet us.
You wombats.:kiss:

46zilzal
06-11-2008, 12:16 PM
That article pointed out exactly what I was saying: a chemically induced performance is a hollow one and the meds have a habit of causing more harm than good.

This animal's reputation is forever stained by the drugs. Racing as a whole is forever stained by it. The author of the article is correct.

North America stands alone in the permissive use of drugs (many of which work in opposition to one another i.e. furosemide and butazolidin). It has gotten to be epidemic and needs serious control.

I get a pharmaceutical lesson every week when talking to trainers in how they are using "creative chemistry" of meds (many of which are imported from other countries with no counterparts here) to give them the supposed edge.

broadreach
06-11-2008, 12:34 PM
It's a current world-wide opinion, not just from the aussies.

Tom
06-11-2008, 12:34 PM
But no crocodiles.

Onsager
06-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Said 'Aussie' journalist is apparently suffering from consistent low level but totally BS consistent, ' sad down under' tall poppy virus syndrome. How sad and poor attempt at sensationalism.

Thought: - maybe Big Brown was subjected to a new unknown environment on Belmont Race Day , which took him into an different performance sphere or different environmental zone - from my observations seemingly all have missed the possibilities of such?

From the good bible - why did John (The Baptist) pour Water over the head of Christ ?

Interesting Corelation ?!

Onsager

46zilzal
06-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Funny coming from a country who's beloved champion Phar Lap was recently revealed to be hopped up on "arsenic and old lace" when racing.

That was a common practice then, universally.

JustRalph
06-11-2008, 01:36 PM
hey, at least our toilet water turns the right direction

46zilzal
06-11-2008, 01:40 PM
hey, at least our toilet water turns the right direction
Now I know what you do all day!

mannyberrios
06-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Having a horse go from winning major G1 races to plummeting back through the field before the straight at long odds on is not a good thing

I suppose it might be a relative thing. I personally think USA racing is OK. But the fact is I also think Australian racing is better than USA racingThe takeout out there is much lower than here, and also you can bet at the window, or at a betting ring (bookmaker).

mannyberrios
06-11-2008, 07:25 PM
time for America to go back to its roots, roll up its sleeves and prove to the world this is the best place on the planet.:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: I agree

newtothegame
06-11-2008, 07:43 PM
That article pointed out exactly what I was saying: a chemically induced performance is a hollow one and the meds have a habit of causing more harm than good.

This animal's reputation is forever stained by the drugs. Racing as a whole is forever stained by it. The author of the article is correct.

North America stands alone in the permissive use of drugs (many of which work in opposition to one another i.e. furosemide and butazolidin). It has gotten to be epidemic and needs serious control.

I get a pharmaceutical lesson every week when talking to trainers in how they are using "creative chemistry" of meds (many of which are imported from other countries with no counterparts here) to give them the supposed edge.

as long as there is sport...or money to be gained from ANYTHING, there will always be someone looking for an edge..whether it be drugs in horse racing....hollowing out tubes and using weighted marbles to weigh down nascars...roids in baseball and football...no matter what...always someone looking for an edge...no matter where in the world.!!!

ezpace
06-11-2008, 10:18 PM
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,23844325-5016491,00.html
*******************************!!!******8

AsH... yur right

Tom jest callem drongo heheheh they hate that

KY especially,,but Ca.FL,an NY it's all about keeping THOSE STUD

FEE PRICES UP FOR THE BREEDING SYNDICATES/FARMS NOW

SO EVEN YOUNG HORSES GET THE "JUICE" NOW.

PaceAdvantage
06-11-2008, 11:21 PM
This animal's reputation is forever stained by the drugs. Racing as a whole is forever stained by it. The author of the article is correct.But it so should not be. BB's rep should not be stained anymore than any other champion that has lost in the last 35 years.

Ya'll continue to act and write as if BB was unique in that he raced on steroids. Most of your beloved champions over the past 35 years or so were probably racing on steroids.

WJ47
06-15-2008, 09:48 PM
I still think that Big Brown is a great horse. I put the blame on Kent D. and Dutrow for his loss. And maybe the Gods of horse racing. Obviously what happened in the Belmont Stakes was out of Big Brown's control and shouldn't be held against him. I'm sure many horses are racing on steroids if they are legal in the state they race in. I think alot of people really dislike Dutrow. If it had been another trainer, I don't think the steroids would have been such a big deal. It sure isn't Big Brown's fault that he was given steroids.