PDA

View Full Version : when its all said and done

lamboguy
06-09-2008, 10:44 AM
i say LOTSA SALSA gonna be the top 3 yo this year. of course i am a little partial, he is gonna run this weekend in california and julio told me the horse is doing great.

in this crazy year of horse racing i could never in a million years think for one minute that i could possibly ever make this statement.

after he wins this race he will be pointed towards the haskell, wishfull thinking i suppose, but possible

whyhorseofcourse
06-09-2008, 11:53 AM
I still war pass was much the best when he was healthy.

If he comes back. I think he would be a contender in the breeders cup.

46zilzal
06-09-2008, 11:58 AM
I still war pass was much the best when he was healthy.

If he comes back. I think he would be a contender in the breeders cup.
His "baby" energy distributions said 8.5 furlongs max when the competition was strong, 9 if there were no one versus him. They often mature a bit.

v j stauffer
06-09-2008, 11:59 AM
The Breeders Cup what? Sprint? Mile? I know you don't mean the Classic.

lamboguy
06-09-2008, 12:26 PM
hey vic, i want you to tell me i am wrong about lotsa salsa

JustRalph
06-09-2008, 01:01 PM
The best 3 year old ran last at the Belmont the other day. He can turn it around. I wouldn't write him off yet.

cj
06-09-2008, 01:55 PM
The Breeders Cup what? Sprint? Mile? I know you don't mean the Classic.

Aren't they all the BC Turf this year?

Tom Barrister
06-09-2008, 07:30 PM
I still believe that Big Brown will be retired without running another race. The one thing that might encourage the owners to keep racing the horse is his abyssal performance in the Belmont. That and his hoof problems (the latter of which I understand can be passed on to his offspring) may have lowered the stud fee he can command, and racing the rest of this year and next, and staying sound in the process, might significantly increase his stud value. In other words, it's still all about the money and not all of this blah-crap-blah about racing him for the sake of the sport. The reason I feel he'll be retired is because of the hoof problems; in other words, he's worth more at stud with a reduced price than euthanized due to injury.

pic6vic
06-09-2008, 09:34 PM
What about the filly ZENYATA

toetoe
06-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Hey Vic, baby,

How ya dewin ? I may be heading south soon. Maybe I'll give you a jingle. :ThmbUp:

Dan Montilion
06-10-2008, 12:03 AM
When all is said and done, more is said than done. Lou Holtz.