PDA

View Full Version : RULES FOR CONTEST IN MY OPINION !!!

stuball
02-25-2003, 09:11 AM
Well I have been sitting here watching the ideas people are coming up for the contest and usually I don't say too much but it is time for me to speak up. Let's not have just another contest but a contest that will be remembered and will leave the competitors salivating for the next one...bragging rights,revenge.

I love the idea of using Suff's plan but I would not go quite as far as he goes. I don't think it causes any more work to pick 4 horses in a race as I hate when a horse scratches and you have to take the fav. I like the win-exacta-pic3 idea but would not like to go furher as someone could hit a huge pic4 or pic6 and be way out of reach. This would make it very exciting and yet keep it within reach for any team that has a really good week...

Also I think a mini tournament each week would be a great idea.
divide entries into 3 boards into 3 groups. Each group competes with other teams within that group for bonus points and bragging rights....example 1st place team gets 50 bonus points -- 2nd place team get 20 bonus points others get nothing...I'm flexible on the point thing but this would generate rivalries..
The next week all 1st place teams would be in a group, all 2nd place teams in next group, all others in last group. continue this every week...

As far number of races why not handicap them all - you have to do that anyway to find the bettables races if you were going to bet.
As far as keeping it honest we all will be keeping our own totals and picks will be posted for all to see. So there you have my ideas, read em -- use em -- forget em -- just another opinion.

Stuball

Suff
02-25-2003, 11:47 AM
Hey Stu.

Your right... I posted on the other thread that I'd scale it back to only include the wagers You suggested...

So if PA.. Gives me the GO Button... thats what we'll do...

SO let me ask you to voice another suggestion if you do not mind.

What should we do to select our team. I would think we'd need 7 guys.... 5 players and two alternates. So in very simple and easy teams... How do you think we should go about running something to get these 7 guys?

I'm thinking... Two days,,,, Sat and SUN... Four cards--- NY in the afternoon and Santa Anita in the PM on saturday... and Ny in the Am and Santa Anita in the PM on Sunday... All races $2.00 WP.

7 highest dollar amounts are the team. Quick,, but enough races that someone Can't "LUCK" into it.. If we do one card and someone catchs a $50.00 winner ... its over.. he's in. I've hit Fifty Dollar winners by accidently betting the wrong race...

What do you think?

SUFF

stuball
02-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Picking the team is a tough one -- as for myself I am not totally ready to be a member -- my capping programs are undergoing changes that's why I am not contributing alot to the war room..just not ready with all that's going on...I think if you pick the team that way is fine. maybe should be run the same format as the contest...would be my suggestion. I will be glad to help wherever I can ..anyone that wants to contribute selections for the team to consider should maybe go to war room or post pics to help but must give reasons for pics...so team members can consider them with their own reasons...

That is about all I have...

Stuball