PDA

View Full Version : Economy Betting Pool

pktruckdriver
06-08-2008, 08:17 PM
I am wondering if anyone would be willing to start a Betting Pool as to when then Economy really tanks so bad the government can no longer show numbers that state otherwise, IMHO of course.

I say just after the next Prez signs in it hits the fan.

I will take Jan 20, 2009

I am not sure we could really bet anything of value, so how bout for fun and bragging rights, ok.

wonatthewire1
06-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Well if the Muslim guy wins, then maybe we can get a break on oil prices from his pals in the ME

If the son of Cain wins, well - we might be able to invade a country where we can actually extract some oil from, like Canada or Mexico

What you're really going to have to keep an eye on is inflation - the Fed will start to pump up the interest rates (kind of like with Jimmy Carter) to get it under control. That would be deadly

Remember, the govt wants to have a weak dollar to pump up exports or the economy will be in very bad shape; we have to live with some of those consequences with the oil prices going way up as a hedge against a very weak dollar...either way you're gonna lose unless you adapt and use less energy or pay up

:rolleyes:

Lefty
06-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Pttruck, what's the use? If you don't like the numbers you will just say you don't blve em.

Tom
06-08-2008, 10:57 PM
The economy isn't all that bad for those willing to work instead of whine,
but then it's always been that way.