PDA

View Full Version : Churchill Daily Doubles--06-07-08

Pace Cap'n
06-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Anyone notice the odd payoffs for the first two doubles?

Race 1---13.00 winner
Race 2----8.00 "
Race 3--108.60 "

$2 daily double, Race 1 &2.....72.20

$2 daily double, Race 2 & 3....62.60

Anyone watching for the Chinese Double had to be in hog heaven.

Niko
06-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Look at the rolling P3's. Someone was definately on this horse. Would love to hear the behind the scenes story which will never be told.

BillW
06-08-2008, 11:04 PM
The race 2&3 DD pool was only $8905 or about $250 per combination. A few friends setting around a table throwing a few sawbucks at a combo could easily tilt a payout greatly.

Pace Cap'n
06-09-2008, 12:24 AM
A pool of $8905 equates to about142 tickets. Reckon how many sawbucks these guys threw? And why didn't they throw a few more at the next race?

lamboguy
06-09-2008, 12:48 AM
how about the belmont stakes, denis of cork pays 4.10 to show with 1-5 shot out of the money. do you think anyone knew that big brown was no good saturday?

i know that dutrow and his exercise rider both pumped the horse, but how could the state vet go along with the pump?

if a private clocker knew the horse was no good, and he was certainly bet like he was no good, how come the state vet didn't know?

we will never know the real story, except for the fact that the owners already got paid, and the public lost their money as usual.

i ask, what would have happened in japan?
+

PaceAdvantage
06-09-2008, 02:28 AM
how about the belmont stakes, denis of cork pays 4.10 to show with 1-5 shot out of the money.Dead heat for third? No impact?

PaceAdvantage
06-09-2008, 02:32 AM
i know that dutrow and his exercise rider both pumped the horse, but how could the state vet go along with the pump?

if a private clocker knew the horse was no good, and he was certainly bet like he was no good, how come the state vet didn't know?The private clocker and others were going by what they saw of BB getting a bath after a workout. BB's actions during this bath MAY have indicated something amiss with his feet, or it may have been them reading too much into something which, when combined with his performance on Saturday, looks even better in hindsight.

I saw the video of BB getting that bath after that workout, when it was broadcast on TVG before the Belmont. I commented to the person sitting next to me (who has lots more hands on experience with actual horses than myself, who has about zer0 experience) "Why is BB acting like that with his foot?"....I was told it might be something, but then again, it might not....and so it goes....

BillW
06-09-2008, 02:33 AM
Plus, typically an odds on fav attracts more attention in the win pool (except in the case of bridgejumpers of course). That was the case here. I remember the show pool was in the mid 30's pct. for BB with a minute or so to post. That coupled with 4 out of 9 cashing in the show pool - it's just math.