PDA

View Full Version : Payouts

Crosley
06-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Immediately after watching the race I had to leave home to drive to dinner. I could see the results were 6,4 but I did not know 3rd. I had the 9 on my ticket and waited for a friend to call me with the results.

The first call I got was about the DH and the results were official. I didn't have the 8 so while I was pleased I knew the payout would be less than expected. I then get another call that the results are no longer official and now there is a photo finish. After quite some time the results are official again and the DH holds up.

Did it actually happen this way, and what about the payout. How can it pay so low with odds of 39, 7, 34 and 29? In my mind the payouts should have been much, much higher.

Overlay
06-08-2008, 10:25 AM
How did you bet the race, and which payout(s) are you referring to? (There has been discussion on this in other threads, as well.)

Crosley
06-08-2008, 10:35 AM
I had a $1 trifecta 1 thru 4,6/1 thru 4, 6,10/1 thru 4, 6,9,10 so I'm only concerned with the 2 trifecta payouts.

I was looking for a discussion before posting, must have missed it.

lamboguy
06-08-2008, 10:58 AM
the wagering on the belmont stakes race looked like someone knew big brown had a good chance to run the way he did. to tell you the truth everything about that race looked funny to me. there were people watching big brown after his work that claimed he was not going well. the exercise rider and the trainer said they were happy with the work. after the race the trainer of big brown would not speak to the fans that supported him and his quest for the tripple crown. maybe that is understandable after that outcome, but the fans are what makes this sport, and like everything else in this game it seems like they come last.

racefinder2
06-09-2008, 06:01 PM
the amount of $$$ to SHOW on BB was NOT that much, not all that much above
the rest of the other horses...it got me thinking, but then I just let it go....I know theres a theory that show bets on heavy faves can pay more than the W,
the so called Dr Z approach. Now Im not into this kind of betting, but feel bad for anyone that got sucked in.....
Now I only saw a 30 sec flash or so on the board, about 1-2 MTP, and it may have changed, but I had noticed that fact, and wondered if anyone else was aware of it as well.....

fmhealth
06-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I bet $2.00 to show on everyone except BB. Needless to say I was expecting a BIG PAY DAY!! I'm still disappointed. Here's what Crist has to say. Take a look at some of the comments, especially from Larry.

http://cristblog.drf.com/crist/

racefinder2
06-09-2008, 06:35 PM
thanks for the link-up, thats interesting that so many think theres a conspiracy.

On a quick note, and without getting too technical, does 'net-pool pricing' tend to increase payoffs for the show horses outside the big favorite? or decrease them, and how does a big fave hitting the board affect them??? I havent noticed that big a difference, but Im pretty sure it was done to avoid the 'minus pool' effect that big faves would create...