PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article

Dave Schwartz
02-25-2003, 01:16 AM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=31194

Opinions?

joeprunes
02-25-2003, 11:08 AM
Exellent article. I often wondered what the hell that was all about, I now have some knowledge of something I knew absolutley nothing about, thanks.

so.cal.fan
02-25-2003, 12:58 PM
Very interesting, Dave.
I would like to see this guy interviewed on one of the talk shows on cable news.

hurrikane
02-25-2003, 01:11 PM
I agree so cal. unfortunately he is not politically correct so that will not happen.(maybe that should actually read 'liberally correct')

joeprunes
02-25-2003, 01:23 PM
Hurricane please explain why he isnt, so I`ll have a better understanding.

hurrikane
02-25-2003, 03:17 PM
I read it as him saying profiling is not only the correct thing to do but is necessary, even in his country of origin they profile people of apparent Arab heritage. Not allowed in the good ole USA.

Not saying I agree with his position on profiling or searches. I wonder though. When is the last time you saw someone of Mexican heritage hijack a plane. And to where. Miami?

Bob Harris
02-25-2003, 07:36 PM
Farah's arguments will be supported by any non-Muslim historian. I once read an interview with a Muslim cleric who stated that he believed Allah used the Romans to punish Christians and wipe the Jews off the face of the earth. He even agreed that Palestine didn't exist before but said that Allah had given the Israeli land to the Arabs and only Allah could take it away.

If that is truly the way they think, Middle East peace is a pipe dream.

Tom
02-25-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by hurrikane

Not saying I agree with his position on profiling or searches. I wonder though. When is the last time you saw someone of Mexican heritage hijack a plane. And to where. Miami?

They have already hijacked Los Angeles!

Tom
02-25-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Bob Harris

If that is truly the way they think, Middle East peace is a pipe dream.

I think people will be understanding The Match Up book before we see peace in the middle east!

Bob Harris
02-25-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Tom
They have already hijacked Los Angeles!

That's another thing!! (You've got me started now, Tom)

It was 60 Minutes or 20/20 which ran an interview with the head of a Mexican organization in Los Angeles...he was very articulate and dressed in a 3 piece suit. Anyway, he calmly stated that people crossing the border into California were not breaking American laws because, "California was stolen from us. We intend to take it back one city block at a time."

I am 100% supportive of resticted legal immigration but our current policies are going to bite us on the backside one day.

Derek2U
02-25-2003, 08:42 PM
Guys i'm a catholic even though my mother's russian & raised
by orthodox parents! hehe .. my dad is irish catholic but in all
truth i just cant see religion as my CORE stuff. I do think theres gotta be SomethinG SomeWhere but I just cant decide it all. I'm not trying to be weird. I went 2 a tough benedictine school for 3 years but i put religion above myself but these fanatics debase religion cause they think They know what it all means. they DEmystify it all with stupid thoughts like "down with usa" --- thats like meeting queen Liz and asking "whats in your purse babe"? --- is that it? u ever watch the Wheel of Fortune?
a guy gets his dream come true he gets on the show & says "i'll
solve" all for $600 --- how lame. I'd go all out cause its my only
shot. and does any1 with a full brain really think some guy
named Mohammed could be OUR creator-god? His followers lack running water so what could they reveal about the universe?
Russian guys are always not understood but we lafff at these
idiots which is why U just gotta buy more caviar at $250 oz. or
go adopt 1 of us. yeah thats it.

Tom
02-25-2003, 09:45 PM
You just said a mouthful, buddy.
These fanatics worship a devil, not a God. Jihad is the work of satan, not a religious activity. We will see just what a house of card these devil-worshipers live when we liberate Iraq and free the slaves of Sadamn Insane. We already got a glimpse of their devotion in the first war...remember how they almost stopped our troops cold....by surrendering in such quantities we could barely handle it? I heard we were giving field promotions to Iraqis and then putting them in charge of POW's - just to handle the logistics <G> sort of an honor system-surrender to yourself and wait for orders!
This is not a holy war.. it is a war to stop a madman and a very sick, mentally ill bunch of criminals and thugs running around trying to justify themselves thorugh allah. It won't work. Bin LAden is so anti west, but yet he continues to use western inventions, and weapons, and money. I think the whereabouts of Bin Ladin will known before too long, and I think there will be link
to Iraq before this is over. There is much more to the Iraq problem
than we are being told, IMHO...but then again, if you have followed my selections in the Pic4 contest, you know just how far I will reach sometimes <G>

Doug
02-25-2003, 10:00 PM
We all know that niether the dems or repubs will ever put troops on the border to stop illegal immigration. Too many votes involved.

Doug

superfecta
02-26-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=31194

Opinions? Well,He spells it all out for us,but gives no answers.Because the answer is there will be no peace in that part of the world because the jews and the arabs hate each other.It has always been that way and sadly will always be that way.The fighting has gone on so long the reasons have been forgotten why the fight started in the first place.
It reminds me of an interview with the members of the IRA.They were fighting because it was what their fathers and their fathers fathers did.No one really knew why,it had always been that way.
No good way to change that mindset.Oh wait,when we cracked down on terrorists after 9-11,somehow the idea permeated to the IRA that they better settle down or get on the list.
I hope we are doing that right now,small operatives are dispatching terrorist groups that the majority of Americans don't even know exist.We did this right after the attacks,hopefully we are doing this now secretly.And I hope we are telling Israel,if you want our help,we do things our way,not jump thru our rears giving them support (money)in order to keep them our "friends".They need us a hell of a lot more than we need them.Same with the Arabs,you need our money more than we need your gas.You are no longer the only gas station in town.
I wish someone in public office would say that,but its not nice,or PC.Too bad it needs to be stated that We are the ones running the show on the world stage.The easiest solution to this problem is to remove that little stretch of land called Palastine and Israel.If neither one of you can figure out how to get along,we just get rid of you both.But thats a hard agenda to push.But I think someone should at least float the idea.Even if no one has the nerve to do it physically,we could do it fiscally.But its never gonna happen.Its too mean.But I look at it as if you mean to hurt me and my family,and I have the means to get rid of you and your family,guess what ,you all are toast.Just my 2 cents.

MikeDee
02-26-2003, 07:18 AM
Down through history, the number of humans that suffer and die because of collective belief in any of the Gods or religions is horrific. If there is a God, I for one hope that all humans (especially the leaders) that kill in the name of their God get everything the've coming to them in the hereafter. (And I don't mean getting their quota of virgins).

so.cal.fan
02-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Bob Harris writes:
"Allah had given the Israeli land to the Arabs and only Allah could take it away".

Allah works in "mysterious" ways.

:confused:

azibuck
02-26-2003, 10:01 AM
We all know that niether the dems or repubs will ever put troops on the border to stop illegal immigration. Too many votes involved.

Say more. I always wondered why we don't do this. Especially after the fall of the Soviet Union. I wondered why we didn't start focusing more on the Coast Guard (your joke here). Illegal immigration, drugs, weapons. It's the basic level of "homeland security." I've thought for a long time, before 9/11, that we should be putting more money and emphasis on this forgotten branch of the armed forces.

joeprunes
02-26-2003, 10:48 AM
Dave you started this , what is your opinion about this article?

hurrikane
02-26-2003, 11:38 AM
you know, just for the record. 'These' people as you put it don't believe Muhammad is god. They believe he is a prophet who spoke to god and has the divine way to heaven. Same as the Jews. Same as the Catholics. Same as the Christians. They just believe a different prophet. That is all.

Now somewhere between prophets comes some idea that you are to kill people that don't believe as you do. Though every prophet has clearly stated that should not be done. If fact, if you believe the old testement, God is the only one that killed people that didn't believe in him.

Muslims, Catholics, Christians, all of them, enslave, kill, and dictate in the name of God. I'm thinking maybe the Jews are the only people who have not done this but I'll bet they have, somewhere along the line.

Religious BS!

so.cal.fan
02-26-2003, 12:22 PM
hurrikane:
All these "organized" religions you mention have very sad histories.
Remember: all COLOR on this planet comes from ONE LIGHT....just one.

Dave Schwartz
02-26-2003, 12:45 PM
JoeP,

My wife says I am not allowed to have political opinions... it cuts down on sales from the left. <G>

Seriously, when I first saw this posted on a newsgroup I frequent, it was posted without any credits or links. I assumed it was another made up story. So, I asked for the link to read it for myself.

My opinion is that it truly has nothing to do with anything... any more than a little girl talking about Iraqis stealing incubators. It is a single element of a much larger picture.

I mean, if this statement was made by a "card-carrying U.S. conservative" of non-arab background it would hold no interest at all. And it clearly WAS written by a "card-carrying U.S. conservative." So, what makes it intersting is who wrote it.

I posted it because I liked what it said; I agree with the sentiments behind the statement.

This o****ry was founded to be a "melting pot" of people from other nations and cultures. The problem is that the majority of immigrants no longer wish to "melt."

An educator my wife knows corrected her once when she was speaking of this issue in a small group, saying, "Oh, we aren't a melting pot anymore. We're more like a salad bowl."

We, as American's always seem to get carried away with a good idea. Whether it be freedom of religion, freedom of speech, immigration laws, or carbohydrates, there is such a thing as too much.

By too much freedom of religion I don't mean "you need to worship my way," I mean that I should be allowed to worship my way. The current interpretation of "freedom of religion" is more like "freedom FROM religion."

Freedom of speech? Why do I have to listen to that filthy rap music in MY car because you want to listen to it in yours?

Immigration? Can someone explain to me why states must put illegal immigrants on the educational dole when they can't even afford to support the over-crowded schools now?

Carbs? Well, I'll leave that to Dr. Atkins.

See why the joke at my house is that "everyone is entitled to MY opinion?" <G>

Wait! The phone has stopped ringing! There are no orders coming in. I have decided not to answer this question! I take it all back! Please, call now! (Sorry, honey. I blew some more sales.)

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Dave Schwartz
02-26-2003, 12:48 PM
My answer, take 2:

"I have no opinion."

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

hcap
02-26-2003, 02:22 PM
so.cal.fan

"All these "organized" religions you mention have very sad histories.
Remember: all COLOR on this planet comes from ONE LIGHT....just one."

I agree

Some wars in the name of God:

The Crusades to get Jerusalem back in the hands of the Christians

The Inquisition

Joan of Arc

In Ireland, Protestants and Catholics fought each other with terrorism.

The Salem Witch Burnings- Trials with judge and jury determining whether the alleged witch worshipped the devil.
Those early Americans were creative. 47 people and a dog were tried and executed.

I think radical fundamentalism is the problem.
It appears to be a short circuit of the brain and morality.
Gives all religions a bad rap

Tom
02-26-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by hcap
so.cal.fan

I think radical fundamentalism is the problem.
It appears to be a short circuit of the brain and morality.
Gives all religions a bad rap

If you believe, then take comfort in knowing that eventually all of these idiots have to stand accountable. I wonder how Mohhamed Atta is enjoying his 17 virgins right now? Hell has no boundires and I think many more of us end up there than not.

Tom
02-26-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Dave Schwartz
JoeP,

My wife says I am not allowed to have political opinions... it cuts down on sales from the left. <G>

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Dave, when my order an check arrive, just tear them up <G>