PDA

View Full Version : I hit the Belmont Pick 3 my first signer!

kyle2227
06-08-2008, 02:02 AM
Well as much as I wanted Big Brown to win the Belmont and for us to have a triple crown because we do need one it would be great for the sport and it's been 30 years I knew there was no way I could bet Big Brown at 1/4. So I thought I'm going to bet against you Big Brown. I'n the 9th race I loved the 5 horse, so I played a $1 pick 3 ($99 ticket cost) ticket 5/all/all. I also put $10 to show on five different horses in case Big Brown ran out with all the show money he had on him. I had show money on the 6 8 and 9 but not the 4. The 5 horse won and paid about $7.20. The next race I believe a 4/1 horse won and paid around $10 and change. Then the Belmont. As much as I wanted Big Brown to win I was hopeing for him to run second so I could hit the big payout. Well when I saw the 6 up front coming down the stretch I was like wow I can't believe what happend to Big Brown. When the race was over I thought the pick three would probably pay a few hundred dollars and I would get half. Part of me also said well maybe it will be a signer because one of the longest shots on the board won. When I saw 6,475.00 my jaw dropped. I was like I get half of that wow. We took some photos of the ticket on my phone and I was going to upload a photo of the ticket for you all the see but my camera on my phone is pretty bad and the two pictures came out really blurry but if you want proff that I really had it a few of the members from this forum were there and can vouch I had it. I had an amazing time it was my first time up at Belmont and it's so much nicer then Philadelphia Park. Those were the only tickets I had on the stakes the pick 3 and the show bets.

098poi
06-08-2008, 02:07 AM
No proof required. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
06-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Congrats Rookie!!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Good for you.......you broke your Maiden with your accountant..... :ThmbUp:
Don't forget about State Tax............

kyle2227
06-08-2008, 02:13 AM
Thanks guys I am very happy. This is probably the most amount of money I have even won off a single ticket.

kyle2227
06-08-2008, 02:17 AM
One other question I have is do any of you know how much money was in the pick 3 pool and also what it would have paid if Big Brown had won? I did not notice the will pays when I was at the park.

ryesteve
06-08-2008, 09:11 AM
what it would have paid if Big Brown had won? I did not notice the will pays when I was at the park.It was 29.50 for a dollar... so if Big Brown had won, your $99 investment on a horse you loved would have netted you a loss of $69.50.

judd
06-08-2008, 10:02 AM
proof required :rolleyes:

Notso
06-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Congratulations ... that took GOOD handicapping and GOOD courage.

ddog
06-08-2008, 10:10 AM
nice one, take a couple days off, pk6 coming up.

Bruddah
06-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Some helpful hints learned the hard way.

1. be sure to give the wife (girlfriend) a little taste.
2. be sure to tell them you won 1/2 as much as you did.
3. set back the taxes you will owe, before you spend them. Better yet, go ahead and cut Uncle Sam a check for his share.

You will thank me for all these hard earned tips. You see, when you sign, there are several standing in line. :lol: :D

Bobzilla
06-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Congratulations Kyle2227. I wasn't so lucky. I added Da'Tara to my P4 ticket at the last minute, based on the following reasons: Zito made it known they were going to go to the front, AND, given the way the track was playing yesterday, combined with the God-Awful oppressive heat which I personally believe helps front runners in long races(as in 2000 w/ Commendable). Unfortunately for me, my P4 had Out of Control singled in the previous race, and he lost a head-bob to Dancing Forever. The P4 was $34,287. Wouldn't have been quite that high if OOC won the prior race but it still would have been a realy nice payday. I did have the exacta for $1 and $2 to win on the winner in the Belmont. Congratulations Kyle, great score!

boomman
06-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Congrats Kyle. I vividly remember the first "signer" I had many years ago, and hopefully you'll have many more, too!;)

Boomer

ddog
06-08-2008, 12:46 PM

3. set back the taxes you will owe, before you spend them. Better yet, go ahead and cut Uncle Sam a check for his share.

You will thank me for all these hard earned tips. You see, when you sign, there are several standing in line. :lol: :D

truer words were never posted!!

NoDayJob
06-08-2008, 01:06 PM
proof required :rolleyes:

Show me da money!

toetoe
06-08-2008, 01:47 PM
Kyle,

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Hey, jus' kid'n. Well well done. :ThmbUp:

kyle2227
06-08-2008, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the information. Hehe the girlfriend. I did not sign I had someone sign for me so the tax thing is not a problem.

asH
06-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey Kyle, gotta act like you been there before.:D

congrats

ddog
06-08-2008, 03:22 PM
not if you have not been there before. :jump:

no harm.

kind of refreshing actually. :)

rrpic6
06-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the information. Hehe the girlfriend. I did not sign I had someone sign for me so the tax thing is not a problem.

I know you are just kidding. The IRS is everywhere these days. And anything over $5000 gets you back the 25%-28% they took out when you do your taxes next year. The person that signs gets a freebie..I.E. no "ten percenters" needed.

RR

trying2win
06-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Well as much as I wanted Big Brown to win the Belmont and for us to have a triple crown because we do need one it would be great for the sport and it's been 30 years I knew there was no way I could bet Big Brown at 1/4. So I thought I'm going to bet against you Big Brown. I'n the 9th race I loved the 5 horse, so I played a $1 pick 3 ($99 ticket cost) ticket 5/all/all. I also put $10 to show on five different horses in case Big Brown ran out with all the show money he had on him. I had show money on the 6 8 and 9 but not the 4. The 5 horse won and paid about $7.20. The next race I believe a 4/1 horse won and paid around $10 and change. Then the Belmont. As much as I wanted Big Brown to win I was hopeing for him to run second so I could hit the big payout. Well when I saw the 6 up front coming down the stretch I was like wow I can't believe what happend to Big Brown. When the race was over I thought the pick three would probably pay a few hundred dollars and I would get half. Part of me also said well maybe it will be a signer because one of the longest shots on the board won. When I saw 6,475.00 my jaw dropped. I was like I get half of that wow. We took some photos of the ticket on my phone and I was going to upload a photo of the ticket for you all the see but my camera on my phone is pretty bad and the two pictures came out really blurry but if you want proff that I really had it a few of the members from this forum were there and can vouch I had it. I had an amazing time it was my first time up at Belmont and it's so much nicer then Philadelphia Park. Those were the only tickets I had on the stakes the pick 3 and the show bets.

Yawn! Another bragger with his alleged accomplishments.

Indulto
06-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Yawn! Another bragger with his alleged accomplishments.Nice alliteration, t2w. ;)

A creepy conclusion indeed to circumstances originally considered creatively courageous, but now conscience-challenged, if not criminally conspiratorial. :(

And the action's admirers applaud the admission. :eek:

ddog
06-08-2008, 06:26 PM
I know you are just kidding. The IRS is everywhere these days. And anything over $5000 gets you back the 25%-28% they took out when you do your taxes next year. The person that signs gets a freebie..I.E. no "ten percenters" needed.

RR

you had better REALLY trust who ever you have doing the signing for you.

If they sign for you then they will sign for others.
if word gets back to the wrong place and it will someday, believe me your signer will be found and flipped and you will find yourself under a world of hurt.

I know two guys who were paying for years to get the IRS debt retired.
lucky they didn't end up in jail or divorced.

You may not realize but there are rewards and even IRS people that will snoop around tracks.

One of them set behind one of the above guys for several months.
He told me he wondered who he was,seemed like a nice enough guy, but always had a "thing" out of place.

I urge you to cash your own, your choice.

SeattleSlew@BP
06-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Only horseplayers would consider having to sign a piece of paper confirming they will be giving the government even MORE of their money to play this game as a proud accomplishment.

Congrats?

JustRalph
06-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Go get em Dad!!! :ThmbUp:

pic6vic
06-08-2008, 09:05 PM
some advice.

We should not discuss signers. keep the info to yourself as you do not know who reads this board.

NICE GOING

I know you are feeling high, but to discuss on an open forum is not a good idea.

just a warning

Light
06-08-2008, 09:10 PM
A few months ago a guy we know signed up for his buddy and the ticket was confiscated at the window.(Around $1500). Turns out the signer was doing this 10% for signup business so much and ignoring the taxes on all his signers that IRS put a levy on anything cashed by him at the racetrack.Now the owner of that ticket is trying to get compensation from him which will never happen and this guy is out of business.

cj's dad
06-08-2008, 09:29 PM
A few months ago a guy we know signed up for his buddy and the ticket was confiscated at the window.(Around $1500). Turns out the signer was doing this 10% for signup business so much and ignoring the taxes on all his signers that IRS put a levy on anything cashed by him at the racetrack.Now the owner of that ticket is trying to get compensation from him which will never happen and this guy is out of business.

Yeah, and one time I found a winning ticket on the floor and as i was trying to cash out, J.Edgar Hoover had me arrested for theft and before I knew it Efram Zimbalist Jr. was around the corner with Eliot Ness not far behind and I was put in jail and had to spend time in jail with Al Capone until he died of cancer as result of an injection from the mob, probably because he cashed a winning ticket owned by others @ the racetrack.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ryesteve
06-08-2008, 09:37 PM
So let's see... within an hour of jumping into this thread because someone implied Kyle was lying, you're now implying Light is lying about his signer story...

http://www.gearsandwidgets.com/external/wherethisthreadgoing.jpg

rrpic6
06-08-2008, 09:42 PM
If someone is using a player tracking card, his identity is now known. Therefore, others signing his tickets are basically stealing his identity. This is very serious stuff. And BTW, I do know an IRS Agent quite well. He is a horseplayer himself and has frequented many an OTB. He is a decent guy, and hasn't narced anyone out there because he was "off the clock" and was relaxing and doing his own betting. He did testify on my behalf when the IRS was on my ass for a case that lasted three years. His testimony was critical in my winning my case.
You are basically admitting to a crime by your posts. I'd have PA delete your post, as I know the IRS is really coming down hard on the Average Joe's in the USA for whatever reason..you can fill in the political reasons if you like.

RR

ddog
06-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Look Cj dad or whoever you are.
You are wrong and very wrong and I am not busting his chops and if you and JR think so then you are both wrong.

if you buy the ticket, it is your ticket and if you pay someone to cash it for you to avoid IRSreporting and/or withholding LAWS on reporting , then YOU ARE setting yourself up for a problem and you will not know it until the shit hits you in your obviously ignorant face.

You do not need a player tracking card.
All you need is someone cashing tickets that he obviuosly should not be and to roll over to save his deadbeat ass.
wise up, were you born yesterday.

tHE ONLY WAY YOU COULD GET AWAY WITH IT YOU WILL NEVER KNOW AND I AIN'T SAYING.

If you accept the proceeds from the ticket minus 10-20% whatever you pay to get it cashed then you have broken the law.
you are obviously clueless on this subject.

ddog
06-08-2008, 11:29 PM
to wrap up this tour of the absurd and the clueless,
there is obviuosly a difference in doing 1 a year, i assume your output there daddyoh and a hundred a month or more.

If Kyle wished to accept the risk that is fine and i wish him well.
the risk is greater that he gets caught up if he uses one of the regular 10 percenters since they can be whatched and normally need the money or they wouldn't do the signer bit.

why would i bust his chops you moron?

PA, not that you need any permission, but if you find these not appropriate then delete them including the orignal one where I advised to cash your own.

who needs the small minds that hopped aboard later,
worthless in the extreme.

ddog
06-08-2008, 11:54 PM
If someone is using a player tracking card, his identity is now known. Therefore, others signing his tickets are basically stealing his identity. This is very serious stuff. And BTW, I do know an IRS Agent quite well. He is a horseplayer himself and has frequented many an OTB. He is a decent guy, and hasn't narced anyone out there because he was "off the clock" and was relaxing and doing his own betting. He did testify on my behalf when the IRS was on my ass for a case that lasted three years. His testimony was critical in my winning my case.
You are basically admitting to a crime by your posts. I'd have PA delete your post, as I know the IRS is really coming down hard on the Average Joe's in the USA for whatever reason..you can fill in the political reasons if you like.

RR

naw, if they are serious let em fry.
i wish them luck finding their way home.

ddog
06-08-2008, 11:55 PM
hell , i have know tellers that have ratted people out.

Indulto
06-09-2008, 12:24 AM
... PA, not that you need any permission, but if you find these not appropriate then delete them including the orignal one where I advised to cash your own. ...dd,
With all your contributions to this thread, I'm a litle confused. What did you mean by the following post?not if you have not been there before. :jump:

no harm.

kind of refreshing actually. :)I wouldn't want to presume any inconsistency on your part. ;)

ddog
06-09-2008, 12:35 AM
dd,
With all your contributions to this thread, I'm a litle confused. What did you mean by the following post?I wouldn't want to presume any inconsistency on your part. ;)

I was trying to be "cute", I guess.

I was saying in reply to someone who posted
"act like you been there before"
and since Kyle had previously said this was his first signer on horses(?) that he should have a right to get excited , hell I did too back a 100 years ago.

I remember it like it was TODAY, turf 1/16 or 1/8 (i am old now)at Calder, paid 627.xx for a buck and I had it twice, once on a mistake ticket.

spent like 36 bucks for the tickets and that was almost the food money back then.

I was actually shaking when I went to cash them at the window.

So, i was saying it was kind of a kick to see someone happy and excited on a post , and that the "act like you been there" didn't apply since he had not been there before.

that's all it was about.

ddog
06-09-2008, 12:49 AM
oh, to complete the tome, the PA - delete part , i equate with taking out the trash......

easiest way to keep the bugs out.

Indulto
06-09-2008, 01:00 AM
... So, i was saying it was kind of a kick to see someone happy and excited on a post , and that the "act like you been there" didn't apply since he had not been there before.

that's all it was about.Thanks for clearing up the matter. I'm kind of averse to post deletions. It's bad enough when they're unsolicited. I think everybody is entitled to look foolish here and be challenged in the process.

I think I'd be reluctant to cash a signer I "acquired" from someone else unless I was already in the red for the year (or expected to be ;)) ... just like any other "loser" on this board.:D

Light
06-09-2008, 02:34 AM
Yeah, and one time I found a winning ticket on the floor ....

What reason do I have to make up something like that? I dont get anything out of it. I only said it to take caution on who cashes your tickets. I hit a signer this week in a joint venture but really drilled my partner before cashing it on this very point.He has had IRS problems and I didnt want to be a victim of his problems.

PaceAdvantage
06-09-2008, 02:40 AM
Heres a 24 year old who hits a $3227 pick 3 for a $1 and some of you wanna bust his b--ls, Fuc--g grow up!:mad:You know, out of 24 some odd replies, maybe one or two guys busted his balls. Most everyone else WAS congratulating him.....

PaceAdvantage
06-09-2008, 02:45 AM
Anyway, congrats Kyle! Now I know who to hang out with next year!

Gonna close this thread for obvious reasons.