PDA

View Full Version : On This Day In History

Investorater
06-07-2008, 09:13 AM
June 7th,1941:Whirlaway won the 73th running of the Belmont and became the fifth horse to win the Triple Crown,after facing only two challengers.

June 7th,1986:Trainer Woody Stephens saddled Danzig Connection to win his fifth consecutive Belmont Stakes.Stephens won previous races with Conquis tador Cielo(1982),Caveat(1983),Swale(1984),and Creme Fraiche(1985).

June 7th,2008:Big Brown captures the Third Jewel in the Triple Crown with a victory in the Belmont Stakes after winning the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes by a combined 10 lengths and in so doing defeats more competitors than any other horse in history during a Triple Crown bid.

June 7th,2008:And throughout eternity Christ Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. .... From my viewpoint.

Investorater
06-07-2008, 03:25 PM
And I quote."Just our opinion,but all extrinsic factors aside for the time being,it doesn't seem fair to dismiss Big Brown's accomplishments,however brief they may be,by saying his competition is weak."

"The steriods are fair game.The fact that he's only raced five times-and may only race once more-thats fair game.So far,he's proven nothing in terms of durability."

"We revere our Triple Crown winners,but the truth is that not all of them were always great,and several of them didn't face tough competition."

Clearly superior horses often drive away the competition in big races.So far,other connections haven't exactly backed down from challenging Big Brown."

The fact that his opponents have been overmatched is partly a function of Big Brown's superior talent and partly a function of most of the others' lack thereof.Which,upon review of the 11 Triple Crown winners,is often what it takes to produce a champion of racing's most coveted prize."

Wins with patched quarter crack.--Now thats a Champion! BIG BROWN:)Astonishing!

Investorater
06-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Congratulations-to Big Brown's connections,for the victory,in 2 Jewels of the Triple Crown.Its fine to be 66% correct.Celebration time! Lift a glass,Heh..Heh...Heh....:cool:

Tom
06-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Yes, Dutow, enjoy the hemlock! :kiss:

ddog
06-07-2008, 08:05 PM
yeah, but Budda gets the chicks....

Investorater
06-07-2008, 08:17 PM
I don't know about anyone else,but I won 66% of my bets on Big Brown and I'm buzzing. ...He...He.....He.......

Investorater
06-08-2008, 02:04 PM
:ThmbUp: CONGRATULATIONS/DA'TARA/ZITO/GARCIA/LAPENTA:ThmbUp:

No one wins the Belmont wire to wire through slow 4 furlong workouts,with a horse at low earnings,but there is such a thing as private racing facilities.

Da'Tara was bet win/show by insiders. ....Can't be proven,its just my opinion.

Investorater
06-08-2008, 05:46 PM
:cool: ZITO SHUTS-UP DUTROW:cool: