PDA

View Full Version : Security will be checking for alcohol.(Stakes Prices)

Citation33
06-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Overheard today when I was walking in that security will be checking backyard and grandstand,etc for people bringing in alcohol. Ridiculous.
Here's their Belmont jacked up prices I saw today for tomorrow:
12 oz BEER- $7
24 oz BEER- $11
LIQUOR is usually $7-9(rack liquor) but tomorrow will probably be more like $10-$12(rack) for a tiny cup.
Would love to know the avg bar tab tomorrow.

JustRalph
06-06-2008, 05:32 PM
And you thought gas prices were high.............. :lol:

NoDayJob
06-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Wear a 'Motorman's Friend'--- it's highly unlikely they'll ask you to remove it, if ya know what I mean.

JBmadera
06-06-2008, 06:31 PM
shoot, with Twinspires TV, my beer frig and the wife and kid out shopping all day tomorrow, I wouldn't go to the track if I could!

Tom
06-06-2008, 07:33 PM
I think that beer pricing says a lot about the alleged major league track Belmont.

Just like a bodaga raping people for ice in a power failure.:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

JustRalph
06-06-2008, 07:51 PM
shoot, with Twinspires TV, my beer frig and the wife and kid out shopping all day tomorrow, I wouldn't go to the track if I could!

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
06-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Overheard today when I was walking in that security will be checking backyard and grandstand,etc for people bringing in alcohol.Once again, they've been checking for and confiscating alcohol brought into Belmont for three years now (this will be the 4th year in a row).

The Hawk
06-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Bought tickets, fully intending to go.

Sold said tickets when I heard about the alcohol policy, the train situation coming home, the weather, the scant simulcast schedule, and the alcohol PRICES.

Enjoy, boys. I'll do the same, with an $18 case of beer, a loaded betting account, a 65 inch HD tv and a few boxes of chinese food brought to my door. I'm starting to wonder what it will take to get me back out to the track.

Tom
06-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Someone else running them.

PaceAdvantage
06-06-2008, 10:56 PM
I've been to every Belmont since Risen Star, and wouldn't dream of missing this one. I'll also buy a a number of beers, knowing full well that beer at Belmont is still cheaper than beer at Yankee Stadium....

But, for some reason, people expect not only to be able to bring in your OWN beer, but that it should also be cheaper at Belmont....

Yeah, they allowed you to bring your own beer for years and years, and that was very cool. But now that they don't (matching the policy of every other sporting venue in the tri-state area), that's no reason to miss history in the making if you're a true fan of the game. My opinion anyway....

NoDayJob
06-06-2008, 11:03 PM
I've been to every Belmont since Risen Star, and wouldn't dream of missing this one. I'll also buy a a number of beers, knowing full well that beer at Belmont is still cheaper than beer at Yankee Stadium....

But, for some reason, people expect not only to be able to bring in your OWN beer, but that it should also be cheaper at Belmont....

Yeah, they allowed you to bring your own beer for years and years, and that was very cool. But now that they don't (matching the policy of every other sporting venue in the tri-state area), that's no reason to miss history in the making if you're a true fan of the game. My opinion anyway....

Hope you get enough money off of your forum to buy more than 2- 24 ouncers. Have a good time and have one for me.

Tom
06-07-2008, 09:08 AM
So now it's official - no one in the tri state area gives rat's ass about thier paying cutomers! :rolleyes:

A cold beer......$10
Hot dog..................$20
Table from Manny..........$100

A triple crown winner.......................Priceless!

:lol:

eastie
06-07-2008, 09:16 AM
who gets to drink all the beer that they confiscate ? At least Saratoga still has things right, even though they don't allow glass. It's cool to save hundreds on beer.

Ron
06-07-2008, 09:31 AM
who gets to drink all the beer that they confiscate ? At least Saratoga still has things right, even though they don't allow glass. It's cool to save hundreds on beer.

You can only not bring in beer on this day...I'm sure that they've considered doing the same for Travers Day at Saratoga.

The Hawk
06-07-2008, 09:43 AM

For me, it was just one of a slew of reasons, some of which are out of anyone's control, like the weather and the trains.

Regarding the alcohol: I admit that the banning of alcohol is wise, and in line with what most others are doing. But when you couple that new policy with a huge increase in the price of beer that they will are more than willing to sell me that makes me feel like a dupe. And any reason they give for it besides "profit" is an obvious lie.

Anyway, those of you who are going: Have a great time! History in the making, and the chance to see TWO great horses in person (I'm of the belief that Benny the Bull is the best sprinter we've seen in years).

JBmadera
06-07-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm going to simulate the on track experience, sans the humidity, and hook up the laptop to the big screen TV out by the pool, and yes plastic cups for the brew (no glass allowed by the pool says the wife)....s/b around 80 with a lite breeze here in cali today....:jump:

last pick for today: Bel R2 #10 - whats wrong with those 2yr old races? if he can move forward at all in his 3yr old debut he should rock (8-1 ML).
JB