PDA

View Full Version : Coolers and beer at Belmont

Raida
06-06-2008, 01:04 AM
I heard that Adult beverages cans or any form will not be allowed to be brought into Belmont picnic area during Belmont day. Is this true!!!!. Whats the skinny on this. I always brought a cooler with assorted adult beverages in the past. Just Waht about the rest of the season......:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

JustRalph
06-06-2008, 01:29 AM
from the Belmont Website

NOTE: On Belmont Stakes Day, Saturday, June 7, 2008, no alcoholic beverages of any kind will be permitted to be brought into the facility. The restriction regarding alcohol has been enacted in the interest of patron safety and in an attempt to make sure that people drink responsibly.

http://www.nyra.com/Belmont/GeneralInformation/GeneralInformation/GeneralInformation.shtml

PaceAdvantage
06-06-2008, 01:51 AM
This policy has been in place since 2005. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised, unless the last time you were at the Belmont was for Smarty Jones.

They will look in bags and in coolers (coolers are not allowed inside any building structure...only outside) and confiscate any alcohol that they find. They will open up "innocent" looking containers such as bottles of ice tea and perform a "sniff test" as well, just in case you were wondering.

Raida
06-06-2008, 05:47 AM
Actually 1999 was my last Triple crown vist. When Lemon drop kid played spoiler to Charismatic's bid for the Triple crown. Guess there will be plenty of room for the potato salad this year.

alhattab
06-06-2008, 08:09 AM
The Philly crowd ruined it as usual. The "Smarty Party" was insane- beer pong, funnels, women peeing in the bushes. Essentially the Preakness infield. Certified frat party.

Tom
06-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Belmont is dark Sunday?

Ron
06-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Belmont is dark Sunday?

Yeah, you'd think race to make a weekend of it.

Tom
06-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Must need time to count the money.

Stevie Belmont
06-06-2008, 03:07 PM
The ban won't have an effect on the Rastis...

richrosa
06-06-2008, 03:38 PM
A savvy Queens boy like me could get beverages into Belmont with ease. If you look around, you can find the loopholes too.

The Belmont crowd has way more class the Preakness crowd, with or without adult beverages.

Citation33
06-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Will be nutty prices for their alcohol.

cj's dad
06-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Belmont is dark Sunday?

I suppose it's clean up day

cj's dad
06-06-2008, 04:20 PM
The Belmont crowd has way more class the Preakness crowd, with or without adult beverages.

I would imagine it would depend on where one sat. I,ve been to Belmont 10 times and you all have your share of goofballs. The first floor of the grandstand is not exactly teeming with rocket scientists.

ryesteve
06-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Belmont is dark Sunday?That's odd... someone on ebay was selling reserved seats for sunday. I guess he wasn't kidding when he said it'd be way more tranquil than saturday.

Burls
06-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Will be nutty prices for their alcohol.

I think that's the real plan.
No bringing in your own booze when you can buy ours at highly inflated prices.

The Hawk
06-06-2008, 10:24 PM
This policy has been in place since 2005. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised, unless the last time you were at the Belmont was for Smarty Jones.

Some people are probably surprised because the last race they attended was the Preakness, where you can bring in beer in cans.

Those same people will also be surprised to find out how much the prices on wheat and barley shot up in the commodities market late today, and how much they can expect to pay for beer tomorrow. I have a hunch it'll be more than normal, which is a boon for Belmont, since no one can bring their own. Luckily for the players, they say the market will level off around 7:00 p.m. tomorrow, and beer prices will revert back to normal levels by Wednesday.

It would be unfair to check for marijuana just because it's a big race day, as that's permitted every day, though only in certain sections of the track (follow your nose). :)