PDA

View Full Version : NO RACING IN 2003

IRISHLADSTABLE
02-23-2003, 10:00 PM
I HAVE A TRAINER ON MY WATCH LIST. I HAVENT RECEIVED ANY
E MAILS ABOUT HIS HORSES IN A WHILE . I THOUGHT THIS WAS STRANGE SO I CHECKED OUT THE RACING DATES FOR ALL THE TRACKS . THIS TRAINER IS LOCATED IN THE CHICAGO AREA.
I SEE THAT SPORTMAN'S PK (IN CHICAGO AREA) AND ROCKINGHAM PK (IN NEW ENGLAND) ARE NOT HAVING A MEET.
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY THESE 2 TRACKS ARE DARK FOR THE WHOLE YEAR.

I SEE THAT RACING WILL RETURN TO CHICAGO AREA IN MARCH

HAWTHORNE PK MAR 1 - MAY 8

ARLINGTON PK MAY 9 - SEPT 27

JIMMY / ILS

sq764
02-23-2003, 10:06 PM
I think Hawthorne starts on March 13th..

Not sure of why there are no meets. The only thing I can think of is there is an ongoing harness racing strike at Balmoral Park.. Its been going on for 2 months now.

syyamo
02-23-2003, 10:24 PM
Rockingham:

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/search/searchdetail.asp?Section=&RecordNo=28570

Sportsmans:

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/search/searchdetail.asp?Section=&RecordNo=24288

GameTheory
02-23-2003, 10:39 PM
Rockingham decided to switch to harness after failing to reach an agreement with the horsemen. So the horsemen got Suffolk and some others to cut off their simulcast signal to Rockingham, and a court battle ensued. They just reached a settlement a few weeks ago, but I don't think Rockingham is planning to go back to thoroughbreds.

Sportsman's Park is open as a simulcast facility I think, but will have no more live racing.

gillenr
02-23-2003, 11:10 PM
Sportsman's will run their meet at HAW this year & probably forever.

Suff
02-24-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by GameTheory
Rockingham decided to switch to harness after failing to reach an agreement with the horsemen. So the horsemen got Suffolk and some others to cut off their simulcast signal to Rockingham, and a court battle ensued. They just reached a settlement a few weeks ago, but I don't think Rockingham is planning to go back to thoroughbreds.

Sportsman's Park is open as a simulcast facility I think, but will have no more live racing.

the ROCK,,,,is on the Ocean... Just over the MA boarder.... and the real estate value was the ONE and ONLY reason they dropped t-breds. they're going to run Harness for one summer until they get the Plans... Permits and Approval to Build Home's Condo's and a shopping mall on the land. Everyone saw it coming and the Horsemen tried to snare them in a long term deal... when they would'nt bite.,.. they dropped t-breds...

They'd love to run T-breds for another summer.. But the horsemen would'nt bite on that deal.

The ROCK only ran summers.. as many Boston people Summer up there at Hampton Beach and Salisbury Beach. I have fond memories of my Dad taking me there as a Kid. I was always Like that...... Most kids would want to Stay at the beach... Play in the Arcades or ride on all the rides in the Amusement park. Me? I loved playing the Ponies with my Dad. My father Loved the Thoroughbreds.