PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on how to read PP's

Charli125
06-04-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question, but I couldn't find anywhere else to post it. I know this is a very novice question, and I'm sorry about that, but I have to learn somewhere!

I was going through the Belmont PP's that I got from youbet last night, and I found something that I don't understand. In Race 4, the 3 horse has 2 wins out of 3 races. The trainer though, shows no races, and no wins. The way I thought it worked was that the current trainer claimed this horse from JB Stables, Inc.(Reavis Michael L. was the Trainer), after it's first race. So by my math it would seem that this trainer would have at least 2 races, and 2 wins, because I don't see anywhere else where the horse changed to a different trainer.

Can anyone help explain this to me?

BombsAway Bob
06-04-2008, 11:18 AM
In the 2 starts @ Hawthorne, Lucy was trianed by Wayne Catalano, according to DRF charts.
Perhaps YOUBET PP's omitted the trainer change line by mistake.

Charli125
06-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks for your help. It seems I need to use different PP's.

Tom
06-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Could it be the trainer's record at Belmont, not overall?

46zilzal
06-04-2008, 11:55 AM
The trainer stats are not often updated to match the past performances, also could have been sold privately and changed trainers.

Charli125
06-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Tom,

You could be right. The two wins were at Hawthorn, so maybe they just show the Belmont record.

jotb
06-04-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question, but I couldn't find anywhere else to post it. I know this is a very novice question, and I'm sorry about that, but I have to learn somewhere!

I was going through the Belmont PP's that I got from youbet last night, and I found something that I don't understand. In Race 4, the 3 horse has 2 wins out of 3 races. The trainer though, shows no races, and no wins. The way I thought it worked was that the current trainer claimed this horse from JB Stables, Inc.(Reavis Michael L. was the Trainer), after it's first race. So by my math it would seem that this trainer would have at least 2 races, and 2 wins, because I don't see anywhere else where the horse changed to a different trainer.

Can anyone help explain this to me?

The name of the horse Goodbye Lucy has 3 starts in her career.

5/3/08 AP entered in a state bred alw2x at 8.5 and was scr. Catalano Trainer
4/27/08 Haw entered in a state bred alwn1x at 8.5 and win. Catalano Trainer
3/13/08 Haw entered in a mdn15k at 5.0 and win. Trainer was Michael Reavis
5/27/07 PRM entered in in a MSW at 4.5 and finished 7th. Trainer Steve Mandley.

Goodbye Luck was claimed for 15k from Reavis and won first off the claim by Catalano. Today the horse is entered at Bel. but the trainer is Lisa Lewis. She has not run a horse at Bel in 2008. By the way Catalano has only run 2 horses at Bel. One horse was run in 2003 (off the board) and the other in 2006 (finished 2nd). As you can see the owners have changed this time. The horse was owned by Frank Calabrese and todays owner are AMLING, JEFFERY,S. SWYER.ED

I hope this clears that up for you.

Best regards,
Joe

Charli125
06-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the responses. I think the youbet past performance sheets just don't show enough information.

thelyingthief
06-05-2008, 04:38 PM
take them with a carefully applied grain of salt.

amen.
tlt