PDA

View Full Version : Another day, another positive economic report

PaceAdvantage
06-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Odd, given that the goons keep pounding it into my head that we're in a recession:

ADP Employment Report: Expected (Loss of 30,000 jobs) ACTUAL (GAIN of 40,000 jobs)

First Quarter Productivity: Revised UPWARD to 2.6%

Institute for Supply Management Services Index (Non-Manufacturing): Expected (51) ACTUAL (51.7)
--------------------------------------------

Nothing Earth-shattering here, just more statistical confirmation of my position that the goons have been properly labeled to date.

Tom
06-04-2008, 10:43 AM
You looking to start trouble for Barry O? ;)

jballscalls
06-04-2008, 11:01 AM
You looking to start trouble for Barry O? ;)

I think Barry O has proven he can start his own trouble :)

ddog
06-04-2008, 12:30 PM
yes, looking great, the closer it gets to the end of the Bush admin the more confidence seems to be coming back.

You maybe correct.

Look at the positives since the clinch of the nom last night.

oik and gold down
dj sp up, shorts probably getting out.

big bullish moves since BHO is looming in your future.

go go go BHO.

delayjf
06-04-2008, 12:56 PM
yes, looking great, the closer it gets to the end of the Bush admin the more confidence seems to be coming back.
I'm not sure if you're serious above or not, but I recall a liberal friend of mine telling me in 1998 that the reason the stock market was doing so well and everybody was investing their money was because of their belief in Clinton, and he really believed that.

ddog
06-04-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm not sure if you're serious above or not, but I recall a liberal friend of mine telling me in 1998 that the reason the stock market was doing so well and everybody was investing their money was because of their belief in Clinton, and he really believed that.

I am not sure if i believe it or not.
I have been viewing too much Kudlow & CO. in the last week or so.
Just picking up some bad habits and "sticking it in a bit".

;)

JustRalph
06-04-2008, 06:06 PM
I think Barry O has proven he can start his own trouble :)

God Damn America and God Damn the Stock Market!!!