PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited number of $5 general admission tickets for Belmont?

kyle2227
06-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Hi all. I remember last year calling Belmont on stakes day and I remember them saying that I could come up and buy a general admission ticket for $5 and that there were an unlimited number of tickets being sold. Does any one know if this is true this year? Was that not true and I am just remembering wrong? If that is true is it possible to try and walk down somewhere outside and just stand some where even if its off to the side some where to try and catch a glimpse of the big race as it's happening, or somewhere else I could try to go to catch a glimpse of the big race? Thanks all for the information.

cj's dad
06-03-2008, 01:25 PM
There is no limit to the # of general admission tickets which are sold. You walk up, pay your $$$ and walk in. The area outside on the apron is not reserved but is on a 1st come 1st served basis. find out when the gates open and be there EARLY. You will get in. The paddock area is extremely crowded. My recollection is that if you wait for a given race to go off, the paddock area clears out somewhat and you can get reasonably close to the action. Been there 4 times for A potential Tc winner and it can be a zoo. The closer to the big race, the longer the lines at the windows. In the grandstand area, the 2nd or 3rd floor is the best place to get a view and the tellers on the back side are normally not as crowded as the ones closest to the track. Hope that helps.

samyn on the green
06-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Go to the clubhouse. If it gets too crowded in the grandstand area upgrade to first class. The additional $10 clubhouse admission clears out all the stoopers, droopers and poopers. You will be able to see the horses in the paddock, make bets with ease and secure a spot to see the race with your own eyes.

ryesteve
06-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Go to the clubhouse. If it gets too crowded in the grandstand area upgrade to first class. The additional $10 clubhouse admission clears out all the stoopers, droopers and poopers. You will be able to see the horses in the paddock, make bets with ease and secure a spot to see the race with your own eyes.
Is this from the perspective of a "normal" year, or a potential TC year with 120,000 people there? I'll be in the clubhouse, but I've been contemplating getting a seat via ebay, just to avoid having a miserable time.

cj's dad
06-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Is this from the perspective of a "normal" year, or a potential TC year with 120,000 people there? I'll be in the clubhouse, but I've been contemplating getting a seat via ebay, just to avoid having a miserable time.

Agreed. Been in the clubhouse for 4 TC attempts and it has been mobbed (no pun intended)

eastie
06-04-2008, 03:57 AM

yeah , but is there a Rasta bathroom where you can puff a little samyn on the green ?:cool: