PDA

View Full Version : Belmont PP draw

joanied
06-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Does anyone know wether or not the draw for post positions for the Belmont will be on TV?
I checked my listings, didn't see it, but that doesn't mean anything here...I don't wanna miss it.

MutuelClerk
06-02-2008, 07:37 PM
I believe ESPN News will have it. Its Wednesday afternoon, not sure of the time.

joanied
06-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Thank you.... I went through my ESPN programs for Wensday and it wasn't there...maybe they:faint: just aren't including it within the program information...I'll check again.
:)

bigdawginva
06-02-2008, 10:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/index

On Air
Belmont Stakes Draw
Wednesday, June 4, 11:00 a.m. ET on ESPNEWS

Hill Prince Stakes (Live Racing)
Friday, June 6, 5:00 p.m. ET on ESPN2

Today At the Belmont Stakes
Saturday, June 7, 12:00 p.m. ET on ESPN

The Belmont Stakes Special
Saturday, June 7, 3:00 p.m. ET on ESPN

Belmont Stakes (Live Racing)
Saturday, June 7, 5:00 p.m. ET on ABC

TheGhost
06-03-2008, 01:05 AM
I do not think this post position draw matters at all. The Belmont Stakes draw never does. There's not really a bad post.

joanied
06-03-2008, 11:32 AM
I do not think this post position draw matters at all. The Belmont Stakes draw never does. There's not really a bad post.

Yes indeed...it doesn't matter, unless maybe there was a 12 or 14 horse field...the run to the first turn isn't much...but, yes, I agree, it won't matter...but I wanna :) see it anyway...I wanna see every little thing about this Belmont...because we're going to see a Triple Crown this time:jump:

joanied
06-03-2008, 11:37 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/index

On Air
Belmont Stakes Draw
Wednesday, June 4, 11:00 a.m. ET on ESPNEWS

Hill Prince Stakes (Live Racing)
Friday, June 6, 5:00 p.m. ET on ESPN2

Today At the Belmont Stakes
Saturday, June 7, 12:00 p.m. ET on ESPN

The Belmont Stakes Special
Saturday, June 7, 3:00 p.m. ET on ESPN

Belmont Stakes (Live Racing)
Saturday, June 7, 5:00 p.m. ET on ABC

THANK YOU:ThmbUp:
Now I see why I couldn't find the draw...in the program information on the TV scheduel they don't give details, just say something like 'updates, headlines ect.'....not a word about the post position draw.
Got my record timer all set!!

I'm getting so antsy now...started to develope my usual pre race jitters when we have a biggie like this one coming up...you'd think I owned a part of the big brown horse:faint:
I can't :jump: wait....then I want to stop time so it lasts longer...I know, kinda crazy, but there it is:)

Moyers Pond
06-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Yes indeed...it doesn't matter, unless maybe there was a 12 or 14 horse field...the run to the first turn isn't much...but, yes, I agree, it won't matter...but I wanna :) see it anyway...I wanna see every little thing about this Belmont...because we're going to see a Triple Crown this time:jump:

Haven't heard that before. Just don't jump off a bridge if this horse falters inside the 1/16th pole, which is a very likely scenario.

Spendabuck85
06-03-2008, 02:19 PM
MSG Plus has a Belmont Draw show Weds from 11 - 11:30 a.m., not sure if this station is available outside of NY state.

46zilzal
06-03-2008, 02:23 PM
The longer the race, the less the post position means unless it is an Oklahoma Gold Rush break like the Derby usually is.

joanied
06-03-2008, 02:54 PM
MSG Plus has a Belmont Draw show Weds from 11 - 11:30 a.m., not sure if this station is available outside of NY state.

No, it's not...but I found out the draw is on ESPN News at 11am (NY time). I missed it because for the ESPN News show all they have in the program info is 'news, updates ect.'
Thanks!!

PaceAdvantage
06-03-2008, 10:37 PM
TVG should be covering the draw live, plus if you live in the NY metro area (or any other area that carries the NY OTB channel) it should be live on there as well...

bigdawginva
06-04-2008, 05:01 AM
They are. 11-12.