PDA

View Full Version : Bold Union

Stevie Belmont
06-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Bold Union a two year old filly cracked her maiden today at Monmouth Park R3 winning much the best by 10 lengths in a relative hand ride. She looked sharp battling a speedy filly and putting her a way. Liked the way she did it first out. Shes a runner

Stevie Belmont
06-29-2008, 04:07 PM
She runs in the Astoria today.

Stevie Belmont
06-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Bold Union In A Romp!!!

onefast99
06-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Bold Union got real leg weary at the end of this race today, I think this is the max distance this one can go. Nice win vs a decent bunch, previous wins by this owner trainer combo have been against nothing. Finally they step up and win one. Good job by Breen.

Yorker
08-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Today is the day that Bold Union gets exposed for the fraud that she is. last 16th in 6 4/5 going only 5.5f?? 4 weeks off without a work?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pcon04
08-13-2008, 12:27 PM
no works what about the 47.1 at mth on aug 5th????

if she loses it will be because of all the speed in there not

because of not working!!!!

pcon

lamboguy
08-13-2008, 12:31 PM
i'm told her work was major. if she winds up 2 on top look out because she looks like she can finish the deal.

lamboguy
08-13-2008, 12:50 PM
i am gonna update my last statement, if she is in the race today she won't lose to these.

last time i gave out a horse at saratoga, i said i was going to bet 5 times my ordinary bet, today i am going 10 times on breen's horse.

cj's dad
08-13-2008, 01:02 PM
is also in that same race- will be interesting to see how Durkin handles the call if she prevails.

cj
08-13-2008, 02:26 PM
i am gonna update my last statement, if she is in the race today she won't lose to these.

last time i gave out a horse at saratoga, i said i was going to bet 5 times my ordinary bet, today i am going 10 times on breen's horse.

$20?

lamboguy
08-13-2008, 02:32 PM
$20?just to make you happy cj i will say $10.00. i know i never bet as much as you or anyone else. and maybe your incinuating that if i am a small i player i know little.

personally i don't care what you bet or how much you bet. i posted on this thing for a few people that know me personally.

good luck CJ

cj
08-13-2008, 02:37 PM
just to make you happy cj i will say $10.00. i know i never bet as much as you or anyone else. and maybe your incinuating that if i am a small i player i know little.

personally i don't care what you bet or how much you bet. i posted on this thing for a few people that know me personally.

good luck CJ

It was just a joke...geez. A little touchy today?

Yorker
08-13-2008, 02:47 PM
no works what about the 47.1 at mth on aug 5th????

if she loses it will be because of all the speed in there not

because of not working!!!!

pcon

Four weeks off between 6/29 (Astoria Race) and 7/26 (Monmouth work). Is that not close enough to a month for you?

lamboguy
08-13-2008, 02:47 PM
on this board i get ambushed. sorry

HEY DUDE
08-13-2008, 03:21 PM
The #2 looks good and #3 looks good too. However, I would take a shot with the #7. To me it is a tough race. Good luck to all.

lamboguy
08-13-2008, 03:54 PM
their ain't nothing great about this race. bold union is a quality philly. if you get even money on her, which i highly doubt, you will be stealing.

lamboguy
08-13-2008, 05:37 PM
not her day,,,sorry

46zilzal
08-13-2008, 05:42 PM
not her day,,,sorry
the pace said it was not her day...there were several others 6 and 8 that were going to get the lead.

Yorker
08-13-2008, 05:42 PM
100% exposed as an average 2YO.

Avoiding false faves, that's what Power Capping is all about!

JeremyJet
08-13-2008, 05:52 PM
not her day,,,sorry

What are you sorry about? Those things happen. She was the best horse on paper, but for whatever reason she didn't want to run today.

Her two races in the Form look like this on my data:

1/4m-1/2m-Fin
===========
104 - 95 - 88
94 - 85 - 82

Raw Beyers from today's race look like this:

41 - 76 - 80

Why did Elliott have the breaks on when the early pace was so slow?

JeremyJet

46zilzal
08-13-2008, 05:54 PM
What are you sorry about? Those things happen. She was the best horse on paper, but for whatever reason she didn't want to run today.
Why did Elliott have the breaks on when the early pace was so slow?

JeremyJet
That one delayed the start by a minute or two

onefast99
08-13-2008, 05:56 PM
i'm told her work was major. if she winds up 2 on top look out because she looks like she can finish the deal.
I cant imagine who told you that, Breen works everything real quick.

onefast99
08-13-2008, 05:59 PM
their ain't nothing great about this race. bold union is a quality philly. if you get even money on her, which i highly doubt, you will be stealing.
She never looked comfortable. The rail wasnt the best place to be.

onefast99
08-13-2008, 06:02 PM
100% exposed as an average 2YO.

Avoiding false faves, that's what Power Capping is all about!
There really isnt too many 2yo's out there today seems as if that age group has some pretty thin ranks. Bold Union wasnt the best of this bunch, she didnt like the distance. She is a 5-5.5f horse not a 6.5f horse.

classhandicapper
08-13-2008, 07:50 PM
not her day,,,sorry

Don't feel so bad.

I boxed Garden District and Simplify because I thought the Debutant came up about 10 Beyer points slow because of the blazing first quarter and pretty quick half that both horses raced close to. Neither ran to my expectations. They both ran worse than BU and she falied to duplicate her recent race. :blush:

There was a lot of bumping etc.. early in the race. I think a number of horses out of this race are going to run faster and better next time out. The winner was very good and avoided the adversity when she shook loose right out of the gate, but I doubt she's as superior as the margin indicates.

Murph
08-13-2008, 10:00 PM
I might suggest this race is a bounce for her. Good race, great race, poor race - next race = BET !! Do you really feel she cannot run past 5.5F onefast?? What if she drops back to a 6f ALW next out?She never looked comfortable. The rail wasnt the best place to be.

lamboguy
08-13-2008, 10:07 PM
in the adirodaks the winner was eligible for nw2. if she runs allowance next time she will have to face horses that have won twice themselves. this stake race was easier than any allowance race later in the year.

i still like her, but she will have to go right back in a stake in 3 weeks.

cj
08-13-2008, 10:10 PM
...if she runs allowance next time she will have to face horses that have won twice themselves. this stake race was easier than any allowance race later in the year.

I hope you don't really believe that! Of course they are mostly eligible for NW2, there have only been a few allowance races run all year.

menifee
08-13-2008, 10:21 PM
After that ride by Stewart Elliott, she had some excuses.

onefast99
08-14-2008, 08:48 AM
in the adirodaks the winner was eligible for nw2. if she runs allowance next time she will have to face horses that have won twice themselves. this stake race was easier than any allowance race later in the year.

i still like her, but she will have to go right back in a stake in 3 weeks.
Bringing a 2yo back in 3 weeks is exactly what Kelly breen does, and thus he never gets to the big dance because of this. Let the horse have another 4 weeks to train and put her in the nw2 at MP because thats where his stock is competitive.

onefast99
08-14-2008, 08:51 AM
I might suggest this race is a bounce for her. Good race, great race, poor race - next race = BET !! Do you really feel she cannot run past 5.5F onefast?? What if she drops back to a 6f ALW next out?
On a speed biased track like MP yes she can win another race but it wont be a stakes race! The Astoria was the perfect race for her no real competition and a lot of very green horses!

onefast99
08-14-2008, 08:52 AM
That one delayed the start by a minute or two
Bold Union delayed the start she was too forward in the gate.

onefast99
08-14-2008, 08:53 AM
After that ride by Stewart Elliott, she had some excuses.
The rail wasnt a good spot for her, I dont think she had the ability to beat the eventual winner as that one had a perfect trip.

lamboguy
08-14-2008, 09:14 AM
she is eligible for nw2x not nw2. there is no race in this book or next book that exists nw2x for 2 yo's

i admit, yesterday was her test, and she failed. bad gate problems often happen when the horse is nervous about running against her competition.

we all figured she was a big horse, i am sure that breen felt that way as well.
but to put it bluntly, kelly breen ain't no asmussen, pletcher, levine, or even carl naftzger, or zito, or john servis, and my favorite guy now larry jones.

but give him credit he has done well developing his stock up to this point. if he is gonna make the next step you can't have horses perform at the gate like yesterday.

Stevie Belmont
08-14-2008, 09:41 AM
I did not see the race. It's looks like they rated her a bit. Next time she runs I hope they just let her go to the front. She is very fast. I expect here to bounce back from this.

onefast99
08-14-2008, 10:09 PM
I did not see the race. It's looks like they rated her a bit. Next time she runs I hope they just let her go to the front. She is very fast. I expect here to bounce back from this.
She finally faced some real competition. She isnt as good as Breen made her out to be in the DRF article. Breen is no Dutrow, or maybe he is.