PDA

View Full Version : Calder on TVG

Tom
06-01-2008, 03:12 PM
TVG seems to polariaze people - love them or hate them :rolleyes:, but can someoone explain to me why they are showing Calder races, along with a notice that you CANNOT BET THEM?

I can accept that they want to promote wagering through thier ADW and do not exist to satisfy the typical player, but showing races that no one can wager on seems to be a waste of air time to me. Just who benefits from showing races from la-la-land tracks?

BW~!
06-01-2008, 03:42 PM
TVG is not showing Calder. You are referring to HRTV.

JustRalph
06-01-2008, 03:51 PM
TVG seems to polariaze people - love them or hate them :rolleyes:, but can someoone explain to me why they are showing Calder races, along with a notice that you CANNOT BET THEM?

I can accept that they want to promote wagering through thier ADW and do not exist to satisfy the typical player, but showing races that no one can wager on seems to be a waste of air time to me. Just who benefits from showing races from la-la-land tracks?

you can bet them if you are in Florida................HRTV is doing the same

Tom
06-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Your're right - HRTV.....but they still have the notice about no betting!
Waste of airwaves all the same.

TVG = :58 flat - a must not see TV!:rolleyes:

Marshall Bennett
06-01-2008, 04:19 PM
One thing for sure , if ya want to stick with " live " racing , keep it on HRTV . TVG has missed the break at Belmont numerous times while showing a post parade at Hollywood Park or somewhere else . Then when they get around to finally showing the race don't have the balls to say its tape delay .

richrosa
06-02-2008, 07:38 AM
Didn't we do this thread last week, the week before, the week before that, and so on, and so on ......?

Lets get a new TVG gripe and start a thread with that. I for one don't like their logo, and the fact that if YOU LOOK REAL HARD you can see the highway traffic on Interstate 105 behind the TVG screens that sit behind the set.

Oh!! and I hate the Starsky-led debt consolidation commercials too.

I forgot this one too. I don't like that Ken Rudolf doesn't wear a tie sometimes, although that makes him look cooler that the others.

.... and the Bray accent.

Geez, and Vic is taller than everyone else, maybe he should become shorter.

I don't like the music they play when there are no hosts.

I wish they would change the colors of the tote graphics to red so they stand out more.

lamboguy
06-02-2008, 08:38 AM
on tvg, i kinda like the guys that are or have race calling backrounds. to me they sound knowlegeble about the game. frank miramardi is a great addition to their staff, vic stauffer is good, and katulak is ok. i think gary siebel is great on harness.

from my perspective, frank lyons knows the nitty gritty of the game, from breeding, sales and training. i like ken rudolph because he doesn't claim to know anything. the rest of the guys on that station are only fooling themselves if they think they know how to handicap and bet on horse racing.

NoCal Boy
06-02-2008, 09:03 AM
>>>I don't like the music they play when there are no hosts.<<<

I know your post was tongue in cheek, but this one I have to say I agree with. The music is rough on the ears so I mute it until race time for the most part.

People like to bitch and moan in horse racing, especially about someone or something of prominence. TVG is an easy target because they actually do something on the set besides show races. Sometimes it is a farce, but other times pretty good. Comes with the territory.

richrosa
06-02-2008, 09:11 AM
>>>I don't like the music they play when there are no hosts.<<<

I know your post was tongue in cheek, but this one I have to say I agree with. The music is rough on the ears so I mute it until race time for the most part.

People like to bitch and moan in horse racing, especially about someone or something of prominence. TVG is an easy target because they actually do something on the set besides show races. Sometimes it is a farce, but other times pretty good. Comes with the territory.

I 100% agree your comments. It was tongue in cheek. Its just a waste of time to start the same thread here week after week. This has all been covered before. All one has to do is search TVG and find 10,000 posts with the same litany of gripes. Like you said TVG isn't perfect. I just don't understand why everyone thinks they can do better with a massive loss leader for their new owner. Its 2-5 right now that Macrovision just dumps the Cable TV format all together.

samyn on the green
06-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Holy crap, you don't even know what channel you are watching. For your bankrolls sake you better know which race you are betting. At least you can lash out at someone. Rip em a new one buddy! We all know they suck, whoever they are! Your're right - HRTV.....but they still have the notice about no betting!
Waste of airwaves all the same.

TVG = :58 flat - a must not see TV!:rolleyes:

onefast99
06-02-2008, 09:26 AM
I 100% agree your comments. It was tongue in cheek. Its just a waste of time to start the same thread here week after week. This has all been covered before. All one has to do is search TVG and find 10,000 posts with the same litany of gripes. Like you said TVG isn't perfect. I just don't understand why everyone thinks they can do better with a massive loss leader for their new owner. Its 2-5 right now that Macrovision just dumps the Cable TV format all together.
You forgot that they have too many birthdays on TVG they need to stop the birthday stuff and show us the post parade for a 4k maiden claimer 5yo's and older at Philly park.

Tom
06-02-2008, 09:26 AM
No, we didn't start this thread last week......
I made a legitimate comment/question as to why show Calder and a notice that you cannot bet them. It applies equally to HRTV.

If you are so bored reading these, then I suggest you stop. Simple solution.
You are starting to sound like 46.

Tom
06-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Holy crap, you don't even know what channel you are watching. For your bankrolls sake you better know which race you are betting. At least you can lash out at someone. Rip em a new one buddy! We all know they suck, whoever they are!

So it matters which channel you watch?
Gee, I thought it mattered what track you watch.
I bow to your demonstrated expertise in this game.

Not.

richrosa
06-02-2008, 09:42 AM
You are starting to sound like 46.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

turfbar
06-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Let me make this statement about both TVG and /or HRTV, I watch them at home and that is a whole lot better for me than to sit in some hole in the wall OTB and have to listen to some ASSHOLE right next to me BLARING his tv,(volume turned up to the 9th degree) watching some obscure f......... HARNEss race from who knows where East Jesus,and not only thru the play of the race but the replay also.The volume so high I can't think(handicap) When at home I can just turn the volume off/down.

P.S. I can also make my own lunch

PSS and not pay for GAS

Turfbar

Tom
06-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Well, so far, only two people have managed to stay on topic.
Bright group here.

windstone
06-02-2008, 10:36 AM
what he said. at least at my otb in west memphis ark you can't turn up the volume. you must use earphones to listen. but what really gets me is some a**hole without a form screaming at the top of his fn lungs for a four to five.
i will start hollering for any horse that has a chance to beat it just to piss him off, even if i don't have a bet on the race.:lol::lol:

Marshall Bennett
06-02-2008, 10:46 AM
One thing for sure , if ya want to stick with " live " racing , keep it on HRTV . TVG has missed the break at Belmont numerous times while showing a post parade at Hollywood Park or somewhere else . Then when they get around to finally showing the race don't have the balls to say its tape delay .
Posted this not in an attempt to veer from thread but for those who may have been watching TVG thinking their Belmont feed was live which at the time was not . I prefer a live feed , not a five minute delay tape , an hour , or whatever . Had nothing what so ever to do with Calder race course , just thought those browsing about would like to know . :)

KingChas
06-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Calder on TVG

TVG is not showing Calder. You are referring to HRTV.

Yea, a lot of "bright" people here.

:lol: