PDA

View Full Version : the new way

lamboguy
05-31-2008, 05:35 AM
since the age of internet i have been acustomed to staying home and betting horses online. i am a small owner, with only 7 differnent horses running at different racetracks throughout the country. i had a horse that ran at churchill this week on the bottom, that i could not only watch but was unable to bet on. the horse happened to win and supposedly ran a fairly impressive race. i have yet to see him run, as we speak i am about to sign up for a replay service that carries churchill downs. i currently have you-bet, but they no longer carry the tracknet, i think they want about $20 extra for the replay service.
before winning my race i got a training increase from my trainer for about 20% more than what it was the prior month. he said everything has gone up. after winning my race i learned that the purse structure in churchill has been decreased 20% because they have an extra 4 racing cards to run this year.
i realise that i am a very small bettor in comparison to the fine people that are associated with the tracknet, i only bet between $2000 and $3000 a day on various racetracks. but to me something doesn't smell right, the horseracing industry does not want people like me to either own or bet on horseracing. they obviously want all the big fellows like the ones associated with IEAH, that can afford to pay $3 million for a horse that wins one turf race and soon is to become a tripple crown winner. this is the new breed in this game, they can afford to either travel to watch their horses run. or can carry 10 different wagering accounts to bet their big money. i have looked at the mirror and realise that i might have been in the horse business, but also understand that the fine people at the tracknet not only don't want my type in this game, but have no need for me.

i want to congradulate Mike Iverone for his drive to succeed and his dreams of winning races, bringing wall street into the forefront of horseracing and for what he is doing with his veteranary clinic near belmont racetrack. i know he means well and he is going to be great for the game.

jasperson
05-31-2008, 07:31 AM
Get dish network with tvg and hrtv and you will get most of the races.

cmoore
05-31-2008, 07:42 AM
You can watch Churchills live races at twinspires but cannot not bet on them..I bet on Churchill at gohorsebetting.com...3% rebate on all wagers..

sjk
05-31-2008, 08:21 AM
I was fortunate enough to win a couple of races at Churchill and they sent me videos of the races. I had not purchased or requested these but have enjoyed watching the replays and thank them for sending.

If you wait a week or two you may get your video.

onefast99
05-31-2008, 08:39 AM
We are also a medium sized stable, the increase in feed is directly correlated to the corn and wheat increases. If you like your trainer go see him and discuss ways to lower your monthly costs. If your horses are on an ulcer medication see if the generic would do the samething and the cost is half. You are an equally important part of this game as the "new" wave of wallstreet investors. The difference is you see the back room operation and they have no idea what goes into preparing a horse for a career in racing. The guy who should be thanked for Big Brown is Paul Pompa Jr, he bought the horse, named the horse and is one of the nicest people in the game today!

pktruckdriver
05-31-2008, 09:30 AM
Now I am Unaware of the legality of this, but what about off shore accounts for watching or betting on tracks like Churchill Downs, etc...

Just My Opinion, not suggesting anything here

Murph
05-31-2008, 10:11 AM
Now I am Unaware of the legality of this, but what about off shore accounts for watching or betting on tracks like Churchill Downs, etc...

Just My Opinion, not suggesting anything hereI would be VERY interested to learn of any US thoroughbred owners or trainers making any significant wagers into off shore operations pools. That is the very thing they say is damaging their bottom line.

If there any who are circumventing the takeout in this manner it would be the height of hypocrisies. They should be exposed, admonished and charged with multiple felonies if it can be proven.

NY BRED
05-31-2008, 10:20 AM
, i only bet between $2000 and $3000 a day on various racetracks. but to me something doesn't smell right, the horseracing industry does not want people like me to either own or bet on horseracing. they obviously want all the big fellows i want to congradulate Mike Iverone for his drive to succeed and his dreams of winning races, bringing wall street into the forefront of horseracing and for what he is doing with his veteranary clinic near belmont racetrack. i know he means well and he is going to be great for the game.[/QUOTE]

If you are betting about $1,000,000 yearly, consider moving to Vegas
for comps, viewing all tracks etc;)

lamboguy
05-31-2008, 10:29 AM
i met paul pompa, he is a great guy, and has done the right thing for pat reynolds, who happens to be a great guy in his own rights, and not a bad trainer.

Cangamble
05-31-2008, 11:56 AM
I would be VERY interested to learn of any US thoroughbred owners or trainers making any significant wagers into off shore operations pools. That is the very thing they say is damaging their bottom line.

If there any who are circumventing the takeout in this manner it would be the height of hypocrisies. They should be exposed, admonished and charged with multiple felonies if it can be proven.
Multiple felonies? Like what?
Nobody has a gun to anyones head when it comes to betting. If an owner chooses to bet anywhere and on anything, it is nobody elses business.
What if the alternative for someone who only will bet with rebates to not bet at all?

Murph
05-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Multiple felonies? Like what?
Nobody has a gun to anyones head when it comes to betting. If an owner chooses to bet anywhere and on anything, it is nobody elses business.
What if the alternative for someone who only will bet with rebates to not bet at all?In the US I believe it is illegal for me to place wagers into off shore pools that do not co-mingle with the host track. I have no idea what the rules are for the priveldged class. Whether it's legal or not it is still hypocritical for them to complain that I bet into off-shore, hurting their business while they would turn and do the same. That's the only point I intended to make.

Cangamble
05-31-2008, 03:00 PM
In the US I believe it is illegal for me to place wagers into off shore pools that do not co-mingle with the host track. I have no idea what the rules are for the priveldged class. Whether it's legal or not it is still hypocritical for them to complain that I bet into off-shore, hurting their business while they would turn and do the same. That's the only point I intended to make.
I pointed out on another thread that there are quite a few off shore places taking wagers from Americans (not sure about ponies though).
I can understand that if the owner complained about offshores hurting business and then betting offshore. It is hypocritical to be sure, but like most things in life, people do what is best for the individual, not the community, especially when it comes to business.

jcrabboy
05-31-2008, 03:15 PM
since the age of internet i have been acustomed to staying home and betting horses online. i am a small owner, with only 7 differnent horses running at different racetracks throughout the country. i had a horse that ran at churchill this week on the bottom, that i could not only watch but was unable to bet on. the horse happened to win and supposedly ran a fairly impressive race. i have yet to see him run, as we speak i am about to sign up for a replay service that carries churchill downs. i currently have you-bet, but they no longer carry the tracknet, i think they want about $20 extra for the replay service.
before winning my race i got a training increase from my trainer for about 20% more than what it was the prior month. he said everything has gone up. after winning my race i learned that the purse structure in churchill has been decreased 20% because they have an extra 4 racing cards to run this year.
i realise that i am a very small bettor in comparison to the fine people that are associated with the tracknet, i only bet between $2000 and $3000 a day on various racetracks. but to me something doesn't smell right, the horseracing industry does not want people like me to either own or bet on horseracing. they obviously want all the big fellows like the ones associated with IEAH, that can afford to pay $3 million for a horse that wins one turf race and soon is to become a tripple crown winner. this is the new breed in this game, they can afford to either travel to watch their horses run. or can carry 10 different wagering accounts to bet their big money. i have looked at the mirror and realise that i might have been in the horse business, but also understand that the fine people at the tracknet not only don't want my type in this game, but have no need for me.

i want to congradulate Mike Iverone for his drive to succeed and his dreams of winning races, bringing wall street into the forefront of horseracing and for what he is doing with his veteranary clinic near belmont racetrack. i know he means well and he is going to be great for the game.

Hi lamboguy:
Does Churchill Downs not offer replays at their website? If not then this is just another way they screw the Player/owner. Glad your horse ran well.

Jimmie

chickenhead
05-31-2008, 03:30 PM
all churchill, arlington, fairgrounds, and Calder replays are available on youtube. The "cdi" channel.

jcrabboy
05-31-2008, 03:40 PM
all churchill, arlington, fairgrounds, and Calder replays are available on youtube. The "cdi" channel.

hi chickenhead:

Good to know.

Jimmie