PDA

View Full Version : Harness....N.J. Classic....500K

LottaKash
05-31-2008, 01:40 AM
Tonite, Sat. 5-31-08 at the BIG-M, in the 8th race, which is the $500,000 New Jersey Classic.......A horse I have been following along, and bet last week, #-3 - "MCCEDES", is a very fast and fit horse....after chasing Blueridge Western and Mucho Sleazy for a couple weeks in the Berry's Creek series, he won his next start in a stakes race, and did it quite handily at that...Last week he was in the preliminary round to this big race tonite.....In that race he jumped out and got the early lead and had good position, but it didn't hold, and he got shuffled back to 5th to the top of the lane......Cat Manzi had a snug hold of him coming down the stretch, but the horse was hopelessly locked in and was raging with pace... the Catman tried 3 or 4 different ways to go to get his horse free and give his horse a shot, he finally, I don't know how, found a small hole that looked like it wasn't big enough for a horse to go thru, and when he asked the horse, He took off like a bolt of lightning to finish a close up 4th.......I mean his energy, especially that late in the race, was cat-quick. so handy......The only problem with this guy, is he hasn't taken in any serious air, as of yet..and that is against him......But, for me with all that Kash on the line tonite...If he is in any striking position he will be heard from, of that I am sure, at least if the horse is sound.....I mean, last week, even that late in the race, he still had a great shot of winning that race........I will get the price, and try for the Upset.......

Good Luck tonite,

humbly.....

JBmadera
05-31-2008, 06:30 AM
If the track plays tonite the way it did last nite then front runners should have a huge advantage. Was it just me or did it seem like they were racing on a freeway with a major tailwind all the way around the track!

Jb

botster
05-31-2008, 01:40 PM
If the track plays tonite the way it did last nite then front runners should have a huge advantage. Was it just me or did it seem like they were racing on a freeway with a major tailwind all the way around the track!

Jb

No jb your eyes didn't deceive you. They were buzzing the oval last night.

I am hoping for it to pour like an SOB tonight to stir up some havoc .Heavy thunderstorms are forecasted for East Rutherford today and throughout this evening..."Let It Rain".

If it rains it should be a real good race,i am going to use the 1 YANKEE ROCKETEER with some increased confidence.Prepped well for this event by Lare and will be driven aggressively tonight by "Double Digit" Dube.

JBmadera
05-31-2008, 03:25 PM
any rain drops yet?

good luck tonite!

jb

wilderness
05-31-2008, 04:40 PM
I am hoping for it to pour like an SOB tonight to stir up some havoc .Heavy thunderstorms are forecasted for East Rutherford today and throughout this evening..."Let It Rain".

The Meadowlands has a proven record of scraping the surface prior to big races on rainy nights.

The only exceptions are those terrerntial downpours in which the "Horseman's Association" makes a decision that racing is unsafe and the program is cancelled after a race or two, which happens from time-to-time.

toetoe
05-31-2008, 06:56 PM
God help me, I have Meant to Be Me, driven by Jim Morrill. :eek:

wilderness
05-31-2008, 07:03 PM
God help me, I have Meant to Be Me, driven by Jim Morrill. :eek:

Jimmy is as good as anybody at M1.
For some reason, he just never made the upper "standing" echelon of dirivers.

mrroyboy
05-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Good one John with Mecedes. Only paid 9.00 so you must have bet a bundle!!Or maybe your loyal fans did. Lol

whyhorseofcourse
05-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Nice call!
Bet down but 7/2 odds is still a score!

alydar
06-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Very nice call.

I'll take nine dollar wins anytime!!

LottaKash
06-01-2008, 11:32 AM
All in all, not only that I had the winner, but, it was a very great race to watch...I mean with a half-a-million dollars on the line, there was definitely no follow the leader in this race.......Mr Nice Guy and Daley Deposit Only, battlled "tooth and nail" almost thruout the race, and even Harley D. Hanover made his presence known, until the top of the lane where Mccedes was in striking position and captured the lead at the top of the lane, while hanging in there for the win.......AND they were all a tired bunch at the finish........Fractions like these, are a testament to how much they all wanted it ,these are not everyday numbers.......26:4....53:2....1:21.3....1:49.4.... .yikes !!!... that is a mean and wicked half and 3/4's.......Sorry to say it tho, these are only lightly raced 3yo's and many of these horses may not be heard from for a week or two, if at all, as some will surely bounce off of those fractions.....It is not that they are not, or will be, capable of doing things like this, it is just so early in the year for it.....It will be interesting to see the outcome of that "Pace Scenario", and it's ramifications and further developments on these horses........

MCCEDES.......$9.80...4.80...3.80