PDA

View Full Version : BigM Survival Challenge

toetoe
05-30-2008, 05:33 PM
PA, please leave this up here for 24 hours, couldja ?

The Meadowlands Survival Challenge starts Saturday, and I encourage all hip, harnessminded hippophiles to join in. Remember, even *I* routinely survive for 15 days, or at least until the first muddy track (ARG !!).

Steve 'StatMan'
05-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the reminder ToeToe, I'd tried to sign up when I first got their email, but the screen kept rejecting things (can't believe it was telling me my City and Zip were invalid!) Figured I'd just wait a day and when the kinks were out, sign up again. Of course, completely forgot about it. So will get back over there and sign up. Hey, if it's for free, it's for me! See ya'll over there. Good Luck (esp. if mine fails)!

toetoe
05-30-2008, 11:47 PM
City Zip. Hmm ... :)

DrunkenHorseplayer
05-31-2008, 12:36 AM
It'll be much easier to survive this year because they're letting 123racing run the game and they've tweaked it like a bunch of idiots.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-31-2008, 10:49 AM
It'll be much easier to survive this year because they're letting 123racing run the game and they've tweaked it like a bunch of idiots.

I'll agree with you from a contest player perspective - the lifelines, & extra lifelines with longevity, etc.

OTOH, I realized a year or two ago that their format (and moreso with this incarnation) is better for the Track (putting up the prizes) than, say, Showdown (NYRA, fee to get it) in that when people stay alive longer, they will be encouraged to keep looking and handicapping the track for more days as they stay alive longer. The longer they stay alive, the longer they will be finding bets to place from at least their internet wagering accounts.

I think this contest format will increase their handle better than a contest where maybe 80% to 90% of the entries are knocked out within the first week.

So I can see it from at least 2 different sides. But from a contestant perspective, yes, I like having my opponents knocked out early, since, like all contestants, we all want to win. But I still want the tracks to benefit from running their contests, so that they will KEEP running their contests.

So I'll take any good contest, with easy ways to enter and participate, as often as possible! My thanks to those who provide the online contests in NJ & NY, regardless of format or cost to enter!