PDA

View Full Version : Enough of this

Tom
02-22-2003, 04:48 PM
I have been on the internet for 4 and a half hours and have not seen one single race yet. No matter what I do, where I go, the GD video shows fine until the race starts-then it goes to hell. I have been to 5 different sites and nothing works.
I have wasted enough time on racing and it is time to quit.
I really think I hate this game - and I know I hate the internet part of it.
No More.

cato
02-22-2003, 04:54 PM
Tom: It does suck sometime doesn't it?

But, take a deep breath..put down that sharp object...put on some good jazz or whatever works for you...take a walk..get a massage..another deep breath...

and then cancel the GD worthless video and racing subscriptions
reduce teh !@#$%^&*!! information overload

take a break

get renewed

and we'll see you back here in a month or two

And you have to let us know if you find something better!

Take care, Cato

cj
02-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Tom,

Do you have DSL or cable internet? I don't have any problems watching video on my cable connection, but I do remember the days of dial-up all too well!

CJ

Rpd
02-22-2003, 05:33 PM
Tom,

Hang in there friend. I really believe better times are coming and would hate to lose your insight and humor.

Stephen

GameTheory
02-22-2003, 05:38 PM
I've noticed that happening sometimes. I think it is caused by the huge influx of people "tuning in" to the video as the race starts -- the server gets overloaded. Happens with high-interest races and on the weekends...

Dave Schwartz
02-22-2003, 06:23 PM
Tom,

Sorry but your contract does not include an escape clause. You are in horseracing for life.

Besides, who would save us from the liberals. <G>

Dave

Figman
02-22-2003, 07:12 PM
Tom, I think your are suffering from Finger Lakes anxiety. It's been three months since they have been open for live racing. By the way, I've heard that they are having trouble getting a license from the New York State Racing Commission to operate in 2003. Is this true?