PDA

View Full Version : MY MAN MCCLELLAN

TurfRuler
05-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Must be a slow news week for the poster on this board. No a peep concerning My man MY MAN MCCLELLAN.

PaceAdvantage
05-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Check again....

46zilzal
05-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Must be a slow news week for the poster on this board. No a peep concerning My man MY MAN MCCLELLAN.
Another one (Powell the other) who had to lie with a straight face while the goon squad did their moronic maneuver in Iraq and forgot where the real problem started.

TurfRuler
05-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Check again....

www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47299

I've admired McClellan since he begin as the press secretary for Bush. I just thought that he did a marvelous job of answering and not-answering reporters question with his deft maneuvers. I for one can believe that he has had a change of heart from the belief that everything good is bad....I'm sure that the ones on the right don't know that MOLE means MCCLELLAN.

PaceAdvantage
05-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Another one (Powell the other) who had to lie with a straight So, you're saying that McClennan KNEW he was lying but still kept on the job until 2006?

PaceAdvantage
05-30-2008, 10:34 AM
www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47299 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47299)

I've admired McClellan since he begin as the press secretary for Bush. I just thought that he did a marvelous job of answering and not-answering reporters question with his deft maneuvers. I for one can believe that he has had a change of heart from the belief that everything good is bad....I'm sure that the ones on the right don't know that MOLE means MCCLELLAN.You missed the big one so far:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47287

TurfRuler
05-30-2008, 10:36 AM
So, you're saying that McClennan KNEW he was lying but still kept on the job until 2006?

I believe that he did the job that the administration gave him responsiblity for and he did it well. Now he has written a book, which I intend to read, just like I read "All the President's Men". To really know What Happened.

TurfRuler
05-30-2008, 10:40 AM
You missed the big one so far:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47287

Yes sire indeedy I did, I guess I didn't get the beam me up connection.
Thanks.

46zilzal
05-30-2008, 11:04 AM
So, you're saying that McClennan KNEW he was lying but still kept on the job until 2006?
What came out of his mouth were lies whether HE was aware of them or not.

Light
05-30-2008, 11:23 AM
SM has said the reason for his about face was because (paraphrasing) "he trusted the prez at the time he was working with him and later found out he was being kept out of the loop", This is a reoccuring theme with various members of this Bush's cabinet including Colin Powell and even Condi.

delayjf
05-30-2008, 11:29 AM
That and a 7 figure book deal.

Greyfox
05-30-2008, 11:48 AM
I have no problems with McClellan feeling the way he does or seeing the White House operation the way he does.

I have problems with his lack of back bone while in the White House.
He stood next to President Bush when he was leaving and Bush said to him then and there that he had visions of sitting in rockers in Texas and reminiscing about their days together. McClellan had to be thinking then what he has written about since. As such I see him as a God Damned cowardly hypocrite for not standing up when he was in power.
Coming out now simply is a money grab. 30 pieces of silver.

Tom
05-30-2008, 01:14 PM
The reason we have loops is so that we can control who is in on what.
SM, like it or not, was the voice, not the mind. His job was to say what he told to say and he knew that going in. If he was troubles or outrages, the tie to stop doing it was then, not now. What he says in the book - true or not true is not the issue.
Light brings up a good point - the re-occurring theme from the Bush adminsitration is the number of people turning on him after the fact and selling books about it.

I have a solution to SM's morla dilema about lies about the war - donate 100% of his royalties to the famileis of our troops lost in the war. He would actually do something constructive that way. And clear any doubts about his motives now. I would salute him if he did.

wonatthewire1
05-30-2008, 08:10 PM
That and a 7 figure book deal.

found a link showing only $75,000 - $100K

http://gawker.com/tag/struggling-writers/?i=5011792&t=loser-advance-for-sad-scott-mcclellan

Tenent got $4 million; Rove got $1.5

Scotty better get a new agent

:lol:

ezrabrooks
05-30-2008, 08:19 PM
found a link showing only $75,000 - $100K

http://gawker.com/tag/struggling-writers/?i=5011792&t=loser-advance-for-sad-scott-mcclellan

Tenent got $4 million; Rove got $1.5

Scotty better get a new agent

:lol:

That ought to tell you who actually wrote it..

ddog
05-30-2008, 08:35 PM
garbage from a garbage dump! what a freakin surprise!

Any of you think an honest,courageous stand-up guy gets into those loops,even the outer one that SM seems to have been in up there?

if they did get in and were cut from that cloth, they wouldn't stay there for long one way or the other.

Make them prove to you they are NOT crooks and or power-drunk lowlifes and spinners of the worst kinds in all admins.

If he had come out a year ago with the book after blasting Bush on the way out the door, the reaction from the flunkies all over would be the same.

The timing is another red-herring, no matter when he did it, he was going to get attacked, so write it, take the money and speaking tour now, so what.

if he had turned on Bush at the White House when he was fired i can't imagine the uproar. Would have been ten times worse.

That it seems would be insulting the OFFICE and the man.
I have no issue with the man , but to "DO" the office in real-time, that's no good.