PDA

View Full Version : So it's come down to this

kyle2227
05-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Belmont Stakes - Will jockey Kent Desormeaux whip Big Brown between the 1/8 pole and the finish line of the Belmont Stakes? OddsAll wagers have action.Yes-350 (javascript:getIt('horse-racing');)No+250 (javascript:getIt('horse-racing');)

Boy o boy the bookies should be ashamed of themselves a wager on whipping the horse. Anything to get more money. I believe thats from the bodog site but I'm not 100% sure.

kyle2227
05-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Not that theres any thing wrong with giving the horse a whip or two it is needed sometimes to urge the horse on but they shouldn't make bets on it.

rrbauer
05-30-2008, 06:04 AM
What does this have to do with ADW?

PaceAdvantage
05-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Is Bodog not considered an offshore ADW?

kyle2227
05-30-2008, 10:32 AM
o wait I'm sorry your right it is an offshore my bad you can close this thread.

PaceAdvantage
05-30-2008, 10:35 AM
o wait I'm sorry your right it is an offshore my bad you can close this thread.Actually, my response was to rrbauer. I actually think this post OK here where it is....

kyle2227
05-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Actually, my response was to rrbauer. I actually think this post OK here where it is....

o okay thanks

Steve 'StatMan'
05-30-2008, 02:24 PM
I guess they're trying to come up with a way of betting on how easy a win Big Brown will have, or how hard will he need to be pushed to get the win if he isn't leading in the stretch. Does seem like an rough way of phrasing it though. But then again, BB was not pushed in the stretch last time to save horse for the Belmont, so margin of victory may not be a good criteria either. Esp if he is well clear late.

njcurveball
05-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Belmont Stakes - Will jockey Kent Desormeaux whip Big Brown between the 1/8 pole and the finish line of the Belmont Stakes? OddsAll wagers have action.Yes-350 (http://javascript<b></b>:getIt('horse-racing');)No+250 (http://javascript<b></b>:getIt('horse-racing');)

So the owner goes there and bets a couple million, tells Desormeaux to remember to whip the horse a few times and they cash out? What am I missing here? It sounds like cash money for the person giving Kent instructions. Betting 3.5 million to win a million on a sure thing is much better than the show price.

Does the bet count if he finishes last? I dont see how they could lose other than a DNF.

Pace Cap'n
05-30-2008, 04:46 PM
I would bet they have a limit, probably $500 or so.

ezrabrooks
05-30-2008, 04:47 PM
So the owner goes there and bets a couple million, tells Desormeaux to remember to whip the horse a few times and they cash out? What am I missing here? It sounds like cash money for the person giving Kent instructions. Betting 3.5 million to win a million on a sure thing is much better than the show price.

Does the bet count if he finishes last? I dont see how they could lose other than a DNF.

I bet that wager is capped so low...that it is only amounts to beer money..

Ez