PDA

View Full Version : Beam me up Scotty

hcap
05-27-2008, 10:41 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10649.html

Exclusive: McClellan whacks Bush, White House
By MIKE ALLEN | 5/27/08 6:18 PM EST

Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan writes in a surprisingly scathing memoir to be published next week that President Bush “veered terribly off course,” was not “open and forthright on Iraq,” and took a “permanent campaign approach” to governing at the expense of candor and competence.

• McClellan charges that Bush relied on “propaganda” to sell the war.

• He says the White House press corps was too easy on the administration during the run-up to the war.

• He admits that some of his own assertions from the briefing room podium turned out to be “badly misguided.”

• The longtime Bush loyalist also suggests that two top aides held a secret West Wing meeting to get their story straight about the CIA leak case at a time when federal prosecutors were after them — and McClellan was continuing to defend them despite mounting evidence they had not given him all the facts.

Tom
05-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Funny how everyone has a book deal.
Take away the money and I wonder how many would still be alleging the same crap?

Suppose he is telling the truth......what does that say about his credibility?
And you, lining up to drool all over yourself becasue he is singin your song.
But hcap, don't answer this, just know it yourself, if he were to put out a book that was totally positive and supportive of Bush, do you think you would have given it any credence at all? Or would he still be just the rutabega's mouthpiece?

hcap
05-27-2008, 11:04 PM
It is curious that the ex-bushies when cutting a book deal just don't have much positive things to say.

I guess making nice doesn't sell?
Or it's just unanimous. George W. Churchill is not Winston Churchill

JustRalph
05-27-2008, 11:19 PM
It is curious that the ex-bushies when cutting a book deal just don't have much positive things to say.

I guess making nice doesn't sell?
Or it's just unanimous. George W. Churchill is not Winston Churchill

Whilst climbing to the top, you gotta stand on a bunch of different assholes. I am sure ole George stood on his share.............and some of them get book deals..........nothing new here. Move along...........nothing to see........... :lol:

ElKabong
05-27-2008, 11:27 PM
McClellan's mom was the filth of the world as Mayor of Austin in the 1970s. She basically instructed the PD there to harass military members/ airmen @ BAFB so that Bergstrom would possibly close (it did) so the city could use the land and facilities as their new muni airport (it did).

If GWB made a mistake it was his trusting non friendly's. He should have pushed Tenet out somehow, but didn't. Then he throws someone a bone w/ little Scotty and gets bitten.

Mama's boy wrote a book....How sweet. :sleeping:

hcap
05-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Move along...........nothing to see........... Spoken as a true cop. Works well also for larger police/military mindsets.

hcap
05-27-2008, 11:43 PM
Scotty....

• “History appears poised to confirm what most Americans today have decided: that the decision to invade Iraq was a serious strategic blunder. No one, including me, can know with absolute certainty how the war will be viewed decades from now when we can more fully understand its impact. What I do know is that war should only be waged when necessary, and the Iraq war was not necessary.”

• Steve Hadley, then the deputy national security adviser, said about the erroneous assertion about Saddam Hussein seeking uranium, included in the State of the Union address of 2003: “Signing off on these facts is my responsibility. … And in this case, I blew it. I think the only solution is for me to resign.” The offer “was rejected almost out of hand by others present,” McClellan writes.

Move along...........nothing to see...........

ddog
05-28-2008, 02:33 AM
McClellan's mom was the filth of the world as Mayor of Austin in the 1970s. She basically instructed the PD there to harass military members/ airmen @ BAFB so that Bergstrom would possibly close (it did) so the city could use the land and facilities as their new muni airport (it did).

If GWB made a mistake it was his trusting non friendly's. He should have pushed Tenet out somehow, but didn't. Then he throws someone a bone w/ little Scotty and gets bitten.

crazy, Bush and Tennet were best buddies even after Tennet left.
hell Bush was crying when he gave him his medal.

Tennet should have been pushed just like a bunch of the other ass-kissing bums Bush surrounded himself with.

as to the base , a wise use of land.
too many bases(read pork) that are not needed still exist.

ljb
05-28-2008, 06:23 AM

A knew twist on the Rovian attack the messenger ploy. Attack the messenger's mother. Whew youse guys are really reaching now. :rolleyes:
Good thing McCellan doesn't post here, the rightys hate it when true facts come up. :D

ArlJim78
05-28-2008, 09:07 AM
he felt deceived so he did the honorable thing, resign and write a tell all election year bombshell. a real "Profiles in Courage" this one.

"hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"

Tom
05-28-2008, 09:51 AM
ljb, if it's true, it is not an attack.

ddog
05-28-2008, 11:17 AM
I assume you have not received an advanced copy?

See nothing , know nothing , why do you bother anymore?just have yourself put down, do the still thinking a favor , finally.

Obviously nothing to see worthwhile here as you like to say.

What a perfect catch phrase for you.

But, how would you ever know, you never bothered to look in the first place it seems.

Oh and for you pure as the driven snow, how many of the Clinton tell alls did you trash as not worth anything since they were all done for MONEY and/or by turncoat staffers?

Pls link to your condemnations of same, would be interesting to compare them.

delayjf
05-28-2008, 11:54 AM
McClellan is on the lecture circuit and remains in the Washington area with his wife, Jill.from CNN article.
One possible motivation.

delayjf
05-28-2008, 12:41 PM
After reading some of the excerpts - it seems to me that he's offering his opinion about things he had no direct knowledge of. Since when does the Deputy Press Secretary (The position he held at the start of the war) sit in on National Security meetings? For that matter, when does the Press Secretary sit in on National Security briefings?

JustRalph
05-28-2008, 01:15 PM
from CNN article.
One possible motivation.

I hope he has security for Jill............. :lol:

Hank
05-28-2008, 07:55 PM
After reading some of the excerpts - it seems to me that he's offering his opinion about things he had no direct knowledge of. Since when does the Deputy Press Secretary (The position he held at the start of the war) sit in on National Security meetings? For that matter, when does the Press Secretary sit in on National Security briefings?

Ahh....Thats the point.They made a fool of this guy,fed him the same line of bullshit they fed the public. Payback is a bitch huh.:lol:

JustRalph
05-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Interesting Note on the parent company that published Scotty's book

a search of the Ny State Corporate records reveals an interesting name in the corporate papers...............check it out............

ElKabong
05-29-2008, 01:31 AM
A knew twist on the Rovian attack the messenger ploy. Attack the messenger's mother. Whew youse guys are really reaching now. :rolleyes:
Good thing McCellan doesn't post here, the rightys hate it when true facts come up. :D

I'm not reaching, lbj. I'm telling you exactly what I think & know of the bitch. She instructed the PD to harass BAFB personnel, it was common practice to be stopped for nothing on 183 and Ben White Blvd heading to or from BAFB. In the early 80s it became pubicly known, but to us it was disgusting in the prior years.

On this, I know what I'm talking about. You don't. 4 years later nothing has changed.

jognlope
05-29-2008, 07:29 AM
Unresolved Napolean complex? High mortgage? He'll be in a rocking chair all alone in his old age. Twit.

ljb
05-29-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm not reaching, lbj. I'm telling you exactly what I think & know of the bitch. She instructed the PD to harass BAFB personnel, it was common practice to be stopped for nothing on 183 and Ben White Blvd heading to or from BAFB. In the early 80s it became pubicly known, but to us it was disgusting in the prior years.

On this, I know what I'm talking about. You don't. 4 years later nothing has changed.
So what the hell does this have to do with the book this thread is about ?
Now even Ralph is reaching, attacking the publisher ?

Tom
05-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Reminds you of your favorite "faux" news comments, does it? That's just what you do all the itme. Last time was this week. Yesterday?

ljb
05-29-2008, 09:29 AM
That's faux infotainment Tom. Have they created a story on this yet ?

JustRalph
05-29-2008, 11:20 AM
George Soros being an owner of the publishing company that published the book is interesting don't you think? I wasn't reaching........ I was just reporting facts.......and I wasn't attacking........anybody.

McClellen is going to have to move to another country when this is all said and done. :lol:

delayjf
05-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Ari Fleischer admitted on TV that McCellan had confessed to him that the editors had beefed up the story - now it comes to light that the company is owned by Soros. Gee what a shock.

Tom
05-29-2008, 12:42 PM
ljb can dish it out but he can't take it. :lol::lol::lol:

delayjf
05-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Interesting article that refutes McClellan's book.

http://www.newsmax.com/kessler/McClellan_credibility/2008/05/28/99674.html

Steve 'StatMan'
05-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Seems Soros went from trying to use a movie to influence the 2004 election (F-911) to a book in 2008.

46zilzal
05-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Newsmax, another channel of FAUX.
FROM Wikipedia: NewsMax pushes an idelogical "conservative" adgenda. In February 2004, during the Kerry vs. Bush presidential election, CNN reported that NewsMax.com published pictures of John Kerry and Jane Fonda "at an antiwar rally in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania."

Steve 'StatMan'
05-29-2008, 03:06 PM
I looked for some background on Zil's post. There was a fake picture of Kerry and Fonda on a speakers stand. I do not have info on who altered the photo and how many publications it appeared in.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/kerry2.asp

There was was another, authenticated photo that showed them both (but not together) and a different anti-war rally:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/kerry.asp

But bottom as usual to a Zil post: So what? What does this have to do with the counter-claims. Seems one book got with interview with key people got forgotten, and the other, new one, which contains embellished stories from a person of note but not actually involved in the actual dealings, in a book paid for by a megga-wealthy political foe.

46zilzal
05-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Newsmax website doesn't even change the graphics set up that Faux uses.....

Steve 'StatMan'
05-29-2008, 03:13 PM
:sleeping: Newsmax website doesn't even change the graphics set up that Faux uses.....

Tom
05-29-2008, 03:39 PM
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

ljb
05-29-2008, 04:01 PM
ljb can dish it out but he can't take it. :lol::lol::lol:
Yeah if the going gets to tough i just put you on iggy. NOT! Lay it out Tommy I have no fear of you childish behaviour.

ljb
05-29-2008, 04:05 PM
George Soros being an owner of the publishing company that published the book is interesting don't you think? I wasn't reaching........ I was just reporting facts.......and I wasn't attacking........anybody.

McClellen is going to have to move to another country when this is all said and done. :lol:
And again I have to ask you what does this have to do with the topic of this thread ? McClellan is washing the blood from his hands. Who publishes this cleansing is of little consequence.

delayjf
05-29-2008, 04:37 PM
Newsmax website doesn't even change the graphics set up that Faux uses.....

Are we supposed to believe that Soros is fair and balanced?

How about addressing the statements made in the article.
- If he had no clearance and did not attend the National Security meetings, how can he comment on what went on in those meetings?

- What specifics does he use to back up his claims. He recalls the Rove met with Libby but has no idea of what went on at that meeting but assumes it was to coordinate their stories about the Plume leak. That is 50 lashes with a wet noddle weak. How about the statements he made supporting Bush between the time he left the White House and the writing of this book.

Now we find out that he's making the left wing TV circuit to include the ken obermann show. Inquiring minds would like to know - how big of an advance did Soro's pay him???

46zilzal
05-29-2008, 04:41 PM
The whole war was on the books LONG before 9/11. Face it the opportunists sold the lie to get their war.

delayjf
05-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Yes, that's true, we had OP plans to invade Iran prior to 9/11. I saw them myself, back in 2000 - when Clinton was in office. I'll let you in on a little secret, we have OP plans to invade almost every country on this planet.

wonatthewire1
05-29-2008, 08:01 PM
I want us to invade Belgium next

1. for the beer and

2. they are charging us too much and we can force them to bring down their prices!

http://www.neuhaus-online-store.com/VIST/SHOP/Store.asp?VS=NEUH&LA=ENGL&DA=UNST&CU=DOLL&LINK_Code=STOR

Tom
05-29-2008, 11:12 PM
ljb, you just keep spining and spining. Can't address the point I made because you know it is true. So spin away, Spanky! Your troll howls are irrelevant.:lol::lol::lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-30-2008, 02:49 AM
McClellan is washing the blood from his hands. Who publishes this cleansing is of little consequence.You're inconsequential, and so is your opinion. Anytime anyone posts a note containing a link from Fox, your usual and only reply is "Faux news blah blah blah."

But when someone points out the obvious influence Soros has in this case, it's simply brushed off to you as inconsequential.

You've become sadly meaningless. A mere parrot of your former self. Come on man, stop phoning them in....

If McClellan and his thoughts were genuine, there is no way he would have stayed in the position of the President's mouthpiece for three years after the Iraq war began. A man of his obvious high morals and principles would have resigned immediately.

His actions speak much, much louder than his (or is it Soros') words.

ljb
05-30-2008, 09:30 AM
You're inconsequential, and so is your opinion. Anytime anyone posts a note containing a link from Fox, your usual and only reply is "Faux news blah blah blah."

But when someone points out the obvious influence Soros has in this case, it's simply brushed off to you as inconsequential.

You've become sadly meaningless. A mere parrot of your former self. Come on man, stop phoning them in....

If McClellan and his thoughts were genuine, there is no way he would have stayed in the position of the President's mouthpiece for three years after the Iraq war began. A man of his obvious high morals and principles would have resigned immediately.

His actions speak much, much louder than his (or is it Soros') words.
First, it is faux infotainment. Please stop calling them a news station.
Second as I said, the topic of this thread is Scott Mccellan's confession.
Third, calling me names does nothing to improve your stature or the stature of this board.
Fourth, A man of high morals and principles would have never joined this administration.
Tom,
Said nothing, so it deserves no reply.

lsbets
05-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Too bad you've never been able to back up for fox stuff ljb, despite being challenged many times. You're coming up empty once again.

But PA, remember you have to go easy on ljb - those are the rules you established, he and a few others need your protection or they can't get by.

ljb
05-30-2008, 09:46 AM
lsbets
chimes in with a spin note. What about Scotty fessing up to the sins of the repugs ? That is after all the topic of this thread.
You dudes can try all you want to spin it off the facts but the facts are still the facts. And of course we all know how much you guys fear the truth. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Third, calling me names does nothing to improve your stature or the stature of this board.I'm just accurately reporting my assessment of your recent contributions based on my nine years of reading every single post ever displayed here.

ljb
05-30-2008, 09:51 AM
I'm just accurately reporting my assessment of your recent contributions based on my nine years of reading every single post ever displayed here.
Every single post ever displayed here ! Wow! how do you find time to pee ? :D

lsbets
05-30-2008, 09:56 AM
lsbets
chimes in with a spin note. What about Scotty fessing up to the sins of the repugs ? That is after all the topic of this thread.
You dudes can try all you want to spin it off the facts but the facts are still the facts. And of course we all know how much you guys fear the truth. :lol:

So you are saying you believe what Scott has to say now, but do not believe what he had to say in the past?

I feel no way in particular about McClellan. He is a non issues, but I do get a kick out of Soros being his publisher and McClellan admitting that the editors played up certain aspects of his book. Seems like an agenda at play there. There is a lot of other stuff that went on with him, his mother, Bush, and the Republican Party that would cause any thinking person to question anything any of them had to say about each other. Of course we know you don't fall into the category of thinking person, so its understandable that you would have a hard time grasping anything more complex than See Spot Run. Since you can't think, any thoughtful posts are referred to by you as spin, more than likely because the process of thinking causes your head to spin and makes you dizzy. I'd even bet you've hurt yourself a few times falling down when you put too much effort into thinking.

Tom
05-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Lesson in language here, ljb.
One cannot confess to sins of others, he can only accuse. Confession is only possible for one's own sins.

Here is a fact - Scotty is a liar. Either then or now. But he is a proven liar.
And he works for Soros.

Now, go play with your top. :lol:

ljb
05-30-2008, 10:06 AM
If you care to look back in the thread you will find that I posted a note stating I believed what he is saying now years ago. And of course that means I did not believe what he was saying years ago. In Scotty's defense, he was kept out of the loop and fed a steady diet of BS which he dutifully fed to the rest of us. I also believe GW was fed much of the same BS.

ljb
05-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Lesson in language here, ljb.
One cannot confess to sins of others, he can only accuse. Confession is only possible for one's own sins.

Here is a fact - Scotty is a liar. Either then or now. But he is a proven liar.
And he works for Soros.

Now, go play with your top. :lol:
Tommy,
Where does it say anyone is confessing the sins of others ? Scotty like GW and others here were kept "out of the loop". They believed what they were told and reported as told. The lying came from above. Only now the truth comes out and as has been proven here, the repugs cannot stand the truth. Can you provide us with a copy of Scottys employment contract with Soros or is this just more imaginary bs on your part ?

Tom
05-30-2008, 10:33 AM
I gurss that would be you.

Originally Posted by ljb
lsbets

ljb
05-30-2008, 11:19 AM
ok tommy,
I will give you that one.
I should have said; What about Scotty fessing up to the sins he has committed because he bought into all the BS the repugs were feeding him ?
But anyway what about it ?

Tom
05-30-2008, 11:23 AM
What about it? Just becasue he says it dosen't make it true.
And with Soros behind him, I really have trouble swallowing it.

JustRalph
05-31-2008, 01:35 AM
Scott,

There are miserable creatures like you in every administration who don't have the guts to speak up or quit if there are disagreements with the boss or colleagues. No, your type soaks up the benefits of power, revels in the limelight for years, then quits, and spurred on by greed, cashes in with a scathing critique.

In my nearly 36 years of public service I've known of a few like you. No doubt you will "clean up" as the liberal anti-Bush press will promote your belated concerns with wild enthusiasm. When the money starts rolling in you should donate it to a worthy cause, something like, "Biting The Hand That Fed Me." Another thought is to weasel your way back into the White House if a Democrat is elected. That would provide a good set up for a second book deal in a few years.

I have no intention of reading your "exposé" because if all these awful things were happening, and perhaps some may have been, you should have spoken up publicly like a man, or quit your cushy, high profile job. That would have taken integrity and courage but then you would have had credibility and your complaints could have been aired objectively. You're a hot ticket now but don't you, deep down, feel like a total ingrate?

BOB DOLE

hcap
05-31-2008, 06:51 AM
http://www.publicintegrity.org/WarCard/Default.aspx?source=home&context=overview&id=945

" McClellan Book Confirms Center’s Iraq: The War Card Report
In a new memoir, former White House press secretary Scott McClellan became the first Bush administration official to confirm the orchestrated deception reported in the Center for Public Integrity’s project, Iraq: The War Card, which highlighted 935 false statements made by President George W. Bush and seven other top officials, including McClellan, in the two years following September 11, 2001."

False Pretenses
Following 9/11, President Bush and seven top officials of his administration waged a carefully orchestrated campaign of misinformation about the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq.

By Charles Lewis and Mark Reading-Smith
January 23, 2008

President George W. Bush and seven of his administration's top officials, including Vice President Dick Cheney, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, made at least 935 false statements in the two years following September 11, 2001, about the national security threat posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq. Nearly five years after the U.S. invasion of Iraq, an exhaustive examination of the record shows that the statements were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses.

JustRalph
05-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Looks like Scotty and his Momma are going to be looking for a new home :lol:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/may/30/texans-say-mcclellans-turn-started-at-home-with-mo/?page=1

Some are speculating that his momma made him do it...........

This idiot only got 75k in advance. What a dumbass.

Marshall Bennett
05-31-2008, 11:54 AM
http://www.publicintegrity.org/WarCard/Default.aspx?source=home&context=overview&id=945

" McClellan Book Confirms Center’s Iraq: The War Card Report
In a new memoir, former White House press secretary Scott McClellan became the first Bush administration official to confirm the orchestrated deception reported in the Center for Public Integrity’s project, Iraq: The War Card, which highlighted 935 false statements made by President George W. Bush and seven other top officials, including McClellan, in the two years following September 11, 2001."

False Pretenses
Following 9/11, President Bush and seven top officials of his administration waged a carefully orchestrated campaign of misinformation about the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq.

By Charles Lewis and Mark Reading-Smith
January 23, 2008

President George W. Bush and seven of his administration's top officials, including Vice President Dick Cheney, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice, and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, made at least 935 false statements in the two years following September 11, 2001, about the national security threat posed by Saddam Hussein's Iraq. Nearly five years after the U.S. invasion of Iraq, an exhaustive examination of the record shows that the statements were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses.
Wish I had a dime for every time you've posted the same accusation in some form or another , and I haven't been here but 7 months .

Tom
05-31-2008, 12:28 PM
hcap uses a proven liar to verify something. Nice. :lol:

lsbets
05-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Looks like Scotty and his Momma are going to be looking for a new home :lol:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/may/30/texans-say-mcclellans-turn-started-at-home-with-mo/?page=1

Some are speculating that his momma made him do it...........

This idiot only got 75k in advance. What a dumbass.

His mother expected Bush to back her for governor because her son worked for him. Bush stood firmly behind Perry (who is an idiot BTW), and she had no shot in the primary. She decided to run as an independent with the slogan "One tough grandma" and was a laughingstock. I think Kinky Friedman (who I voted for) got more votes than her, but I'm not sure. The first thing I thought when I heard about Scott's book is he was pissed about Bush not helping Momma. Guess I'm not the only one who thinks so.

PaceAdvantage
05-31-2008, 03:27 PM
As late as April 2007 McClellan was still defending Bush/Iraq in public. How can anyone put much stock into what this man is saying now given these inconsistencies?

hcap
06-03-2008, 07:51 AM
A few reflections

http://www.bartcop.com/barney-loyalty.jpg

http://www.bartcop.com/underbear-3days.jpg

hcap
08-17-2008, 07:47 AM
This is certainly off this topic, but I didn't want to waste the title of this thread.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/08/15/sciwarpdrive115.xml

" Star Trek warp drive is a possibility, say scientists

By Roger Highfield, Science Editor
Last Updated: 6:01pm BST 15/08/2008

Two physicists have boldly gone where no reputable scientists should go and devised a new scheme to travel faster than the speed of light.

The advance could mean that Star Trek fantasies of interstellar civilizations and voyages powered by warp drive are now no longer the exclusive domain of science fiction writers.

In the long running television series created by Gene Roddenberry, the warp drive was invented by Zefram Cochrane, who began his epic project in 2053 in Bozeman, Montana.

Now Dr Gerald Cleaver, associate professor of physics at Baylor, and Richard Obousy have come up with a new twist on an existing idea to produce a warp drive that they believe can travel faster than the speed of light, without breaking the laws of physics."