PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Belmont Stakes Preview on Altitude Network

stu
05-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Y'all,

I was recently interviewed as the new racing secretary at Arapahoe Park by Sean Beirne, the track announcer, for Altitude Network. One of the four clips which will show on the track's replay show was about the Belmont Stakes.

I was asked about my favorite race and it morphed into a preview of the Belmont Stakes.

I have uploaded it to YouTube. I was given a DVD with all 4 segments which totaled in length more than the 10 minute limit. I had to edit it with a shareware tool that watermarked it since I didn't buy the license. Obviously, it won't be on the television show or the track feed when they play it on Belmont day.

Nothing new or brilliant here but an opportunity for those of you have never met me to see my face and hear my voice.

http://www.youtube.com/user/StuartPSlagle

46zilzal
05-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Nicely succinct.

Skanoochies
05-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Can Stu or 46 or anyone else explain to me when I watch Stus tape it keeps hesitating throughout? I get two seconds of sound and one second of silence.
I am using windows 98 and I.E. on my old computer while my son is repairing my other comp. Thanks for any help you can provide. :confused:

BillW
05-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Can Stu or 46 or anyone else explain to me when I watch Stus tape it keeps hesitating throughout? I get two seconds of sound and one second of silence.
I am using windows 98 and I.E. on my old computer while my son is repairing my other comp. Thanks for any help you can provide. :confused:

Bandwidth issues? Do you have a slow internet connection?

WinterTriangle
05-27-2008, 09:10 PM

Skanoochies,

Assuming your other computer worked fine with YouTube videos, this would not indicate a problem with bandwidth.

Since you mention you're now using your *old* computer, it's lack of capabilities of the graphics / video card.

Older graphics cards can't handle the frames and speed. If the graphics card is older, chances are the motherboard and CPU are behind as well...if you watch your performance monitor (CTRL+ALT+DEL, Task Manager, Performance) you will actually see the CPU *spike*.

Most new systems have video cards and dual processors or fast processors that can handle graphics-intensive tasks. Hopefully you'll get your other one back soon. :)

Poor me. I have a great system but I'm on Dialup. I clicked on Stu's video, then went and washed a sinkful of dishes while it loaded. :)

Edit: BTW, Stu, nice tape. I think you explained things the way even a layperson could understand. Very nice.