PDA

View Full Version : MEMORIAL DAY

Lefty
05-26-2008, 11:37 AM
I just want to take the time to salute all our great veterans for keeping this country free and salute the active voluntary military that continues to do so.
:ThmbUp:

Marshall Bennett
05-26-2008, 12:30 PM
I just want to take the time to salute all our great veterans for keeping this country free and salute the active voluntary military that continues to do so.
:ThmbUp:
Well said :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

DJofSD
05-26-2008, 12:41 PM
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

I attended an awards presentation on Thursday at my son's grammar school. The main part of the session was a multimedia presentation for the vets, slide show with a back drop of patriotic songs by a choir made up of the older classes. At the end, a number of both active duty and retired military personal were honored with some WWII vets there too.

There were more than a few wet eyes at the end. And, if there was any doubt in my mind about whether or not the kids really understood what military service means and the sacrifice it entails, all doubt was removed.

It seems trite but when you meet any one involved in the military, active or retired, thank them for their service. And don't forget, when they serve, their family serves too.

ljb
05-26-2008, 12:55 PM
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:
Amen to that Lefty.