PDA

View Full Version : BIGM SATURDAY 5/24/08

botster
05-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Usually don't play on Saturdays but with a contest going on at another site have been following.

7th 5 ALL DUE RESPECT 12-1 was off the line and racing straight in last.Moves up tonight and has been dismissed by Mr. Brower in the morning line.Jean Drolet the listed trainer here is on fire...the first time that thas happened in a very long time.

3rd 5 OLE RED RIVER 9-2 showed a good close off a pretty pedestrian pace in last.

10th 2 ARMBRO DURABLE 5-1 was locked in and raging in last.

11th 5 NORTHERN EDGE 6-1 was in tight quarters while full of pace in last.
4 ARMBRO AQUIRE 5-2 went a big trip in last.

9th 2 CORKY BARAN 9-2 was very impressive in his last start.

Good Fortune All:jump:

freddyblu22
05-24-2008, 01:32 PM
if you dont mind, here are 4 of my own.. good luck to all!

Race 1

SUGARS PRIDE gets the nod in a wide open race to kick off the card. The top 2 M/L choices are completely suspect, not too mention drawing posts 8 and 9. This one shows a number of Pompano miles in the 1:51, :52 range that would be good enough to win this. Not too mention, some of those foes in his recent races would crush these. Sure, the first start here is a question mark, but post 5 is going to give JC options, and I think he proves best tonight easily.

Race 7

ART AT HEART blazed a sparkling mile 2 back, and then had no shot with those horses in his last. Forget that break at the pack of the field last out, because he will be in front tonight right from the start, and for as long as he can go. 2 weeks ago on 5/10, #8 also went wire to wire. However, this ones time was 2 full seconds quicker. I don’t always compare times, but it is a fairly accurate indicator if races took place on the same night. Proves much best tonight.

Race 8

SO LUCKY HANOVER can’t get any more hard used than he was in his last two starts, particularly last week. Faced ALL sorts of pressure through lightning quick fractions, and held together remarkably well in a 1:49:1 mile. As long as those efforts didn’t physically take a toll on him, he is superior than all of these right now.

Race 9

JK CU LATER comes off a blowout win in what was a now or never spot for him in 1:50:2. Takes a pretty sizable step back up trying to regain his luster, but there certainly arent any in here that he hasn’t beaten before. He loves this track, and I’m willing to put much more stock in his effort last week, than that from his ill fated Freehold and Chester attempts. He won’t be his recommended 8/1 in the program, but I’d be willing to accept anything about 4/1.

pktruckdriver
05-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Do you guys mind if I play your picks all for w/p and that I hit all of them, tonight.

Would this be ok with you??

Why not , you guys know what you're doing, right?

Well here is to all winners tonite, good luck all.

Patrick

headhawg
05-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Do you guys mind if I play your picks all for w/p and that I hit all of them, tonight.

Why all of the sarcasm? Unless you're going to put a bunch of money into the pools and kill the odds I don't think that freddy or botster care one way or the other what you do.

pktruckdriver
05-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Headhawg

If I at all seem to be sarcastic, let me be real clear here, that is not, repeat not, my intention at all.

Good Lord it seems today one can be so easily misunderstood. But I will continue to post and apologize after the fact if I must, but sarcastic, no.

And yes I was going to wager a little bit and was only wishing them good luck, because to me they seem to have put some hard work into their picks, not just some trash thrown out here, but really detailed picks. To me that is worth a note asking about wagering and also wishing them luck, is this wrong, of course not.

Whew enough already, ok.

pktruckdriver
05-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Botster

Many thanks

All Due Respect

51.60 16.60 8.00

exacta 241.60

As before no disrespect here, much respect, and many thanks

Ray2000
05-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Nice hit Botster, backed with solid handicapping:ThmbUp:

vikingrob
05-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Usually don't play on Saturdays but with a contest going on at another site have been following.

7th 5 ALL DUE RESPECT 12-1 was off the line and racing straight in last.Moves up tonight and has been dismissed by Mr. Brower in the morning line.Jean Drolet the listed trainer here is on fire...the first time that thas happened in a very long time.

3rd 5 OLE RED RIVER 9-2 showed a good close off a pretty pedestrian pace in last.

10th 2 ARMBRO DURABLE 5-1 was locked in and raging in last.

11th 5 NORTHERN EDGE 6-1 was in tight quarters while full of pace in last.
4 ARMBRO AQUIRE 5-2 went a big trip in last.

9th 2 CORKY BARAN 9-2 was very impressive in his last start.

3rd race: 5-Ole Red River, late scratch - lame
7th race: 5-All Due Respect, winner ($51.60, $16.60, $8.00)
9th race: 2-Corky Baran, 8th (odds 6.10-1)
10th race: 2-Armbro Durable, 2nd ($5.00, $3.60, odds 5.50-1)
11th race: 5-Northern Edge: 5th (odds 2.80-1); 4-Armbro Acquire: 7th (odds 2.70-1)

botster
05-25-2008, 01:30 AM
The only reason I post on any of these sites is to show that this game can be beaten...If some want to play my picks thats great.I am a great fan of this sport and believe with all the nonsence going on that has killed it, one can still handicap it with success.

I should however say my actual win percentage is not great and that will have most giving up their interest after a short period of time.
My average win/place/ exotic prices however are good and I am able to hit them enough for me to show a profit.It is my learning that I personaly cannot make a profit any other way.

Many become very interested when you can make your best bets at these big odds and then, when you can give them solid reasoning behind them the sceptics become not so sceptic anymore...lol.

I was waiting for this horse tonight and again saw Mr. Brower disreguard him in his line and in his selections.Sharp horses must be played at these odds and they must be played heavily...no doubt in my opinion.

Thanks Headhawg for defending me.The post looked to me the same way you had interpeted, but pat cleared it up... so it's all good.

botster
05-25-2008, 02:08 AM

Well here is to all winners tonite, good luck all.

Patrick

This really does look to be sarcastic pat:rolleyes:...LOL.Do you have a split personality???...LOL:D

Still, I am glad you cashed.

headhawg
05-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Absolutely great call on All Due Respect, botster. That triggered a huge Pick 4 payoff. (In fact, I don't see how it can be right -- over $18k for a buck??? Last year I hit a $5600 Pick 4 at Big M with a $99 horse. Just doesn't seem correct.) I hope someone had it!

Nice to see more activity in the harness section as well. Keep it up guys! :ThmbUp:

freddyblu22
05-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Great call Botster!

whyhorseofcourse
05-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Excellent call!

botster
05-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Absolutely great call on All Due Respect, botster. That triggered a huge Pick 4 payoff. (In fact, I don't see how it can be right -- over $18k for a buck??? Last year I hit a $5600 Pick 4 at Big M with a $99 horse. Just doesn't seem correct.) I hope someone had it!

Nice to see more activity in the harness section as well. Keep it up guys! :ThmbUp:

Thanks everyone, it's nice when it all sets up perfectly.When I saw J.C swing out into the flow with in that "cutthroat" battle, I knew I had a super shot.He is just to good right now not to have taken advantage of that pace.

...And no it wasn't me who had the pick4, but damn that was a ridiculous payoff for the remainder of those winning odds horses...LOL:eek:

toetoe
05-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Call me naive, but I took it at face value. Good for you for clarifying. :ThmbUp:

mrroyboy
05-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Yes very good.

Please keep posting your picks.